India's 'silent' prime minister becomes a tragic figure

ani82v

Country flag
Even if it might be true we should not tolerate foreign media abusing our leaders.

He may be a bastard but he's our bastard! Dhimmi attitude strikes again.
Why not! Dhimmi attitude will be there when we take it too seriously and ask them to apologize for what they have said.
He is not Kim Jong Un and we are not North Koreans.

What is in WaPo is true and all Indians already know it. Foreign media noticing it lately is something like Rehman getting Oscar after 2 decades. :)

ani82v

Country flag
Actually, not many people know this but MMS is an astute politician.
I have heard this, and take it with a pinch of salt, that MMS is exposing the corruption done by his fellow cabinet members. He cannot chastise them publicly, so he is attacking them indirectly. If this is true, then more power to MMS.
A mole in Congress and that also at PM position! Is that a joke?

venkat

Have respect man....He is our prime minister..... when he had open heart surgery some time ago..i read in the news paper ..that the first thing he asked the doctor after gaining consciousness " How is the country".... No more insults please......

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Have respect man....He is our prime minister..... when he had open heart surgery some time ago..i read in the news paper ..that the first thing he asked the doctor after gaining consciousness " How is the country".... No more insults please......
So, MMS thought that during his absence the country may get ruined or doctor is an apt person to know the Medical condition of the country????

Last edited:

ani82v

Country flag
Dearie me. I got tears in my eyes.:hail:

What is the point of all this concern when he can't act on it!:frusty: My uncle is also concerned about state of nation just like a poor common man.
But there is a difference between PM's and a common man's concern, Indians have given the PM power to deal with issues which ails its people and he doesn't appear to be capable of using it. Otherwise there wouldn't be 2G scam or Coalgate.
Nobody likes the Govt but this is atrocious!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
One person cannot change the system. He has too options:

- resign but then were back to square one
- let the corrupt be exposed. cag is not exposing corruption on whims.

But we'll act like bots and abuse. Singh (admin) is correct in what he is saying.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
One person cannot change the system. He has too options:

- resign but then were back to square one
- let the corrupt be exposed. cag is not exposing corruption on whims.

But we'll act like bots and abuse. Singh (admin) is correct in what he is saying.
How do you know Singh is Correct? Are you also part of the palace intrigue? Call me next when you deal with palace harlots! ;)

parijataka

Country flag
If he had the guts or honesty he would have exposed all the huge scams taking place under his nose. If he had self respect he would have resigned long back, there is no way he is ignorant of the deepest corruption that has taken place in UPA rule.

As to who will take over if he resigns, repeating a tweet I just read -

"With the low bar set by UPA even Lallu Prasad Yadav will make a good PM, at least he will provide comic relief!"

Last edited:

opesys

I don't care and nobody who cares about India should care if he asked "How is the country" after gaining consciousness.
Why do people fall for such shallow feelings ? Anyway what was doctor's response ? Don't worry, Sir, India is now a super power
and there is not a single problem in India, no poverty, no corruption also LCA is now a 5th gen aircraft and inducted into the Air Force?
What did he do after gaining "consciousness" ? Just asking "how is the country" and then going back and backing his corrupt cabinet is not
going to help anybody. Wake up dude! Stop being emotional! So what if he our Prime Minister ?

sob

Mod
Country flag
Today I was travelling with ah retired HC judge in the train and we were discussing about MMS. He had a very valid point about the character of our beloved PM.
The point was- During the time the CWG scam was breaking out in the media, there were fresh revelations in the media backed by circumstantial evidence, MMS never pulled up Suresh Kalmadi or even get the PMO to sent him an enquiry on these damaging revelations. He just continued to sit tight and let the media and the opposition have a field day targeting him and the Government.

Iamanidiot

Singh is correct.MMS was the one who neutered NAC using a very stringent FCRA.Net result NGOs are finding it difficult to get funds.MMS I think will go kamikaze taking the Gandhi dynasty with them

Iamanidiot

Sob MMS has learnt the tricks of trade under PVNR.Lets see what will happen.

Reactions: sob

trackwhack

A point for everyone to contemplate on is whether corruption exploded or whether cases against corruption exploded during the UPA administration.

Why is it that the CAG is not being gagged? Vinod Rai is a very close aid of both PC and MMS. Why would he take them on this vehemently. After all the CAG has existed since 1948. Is this the first term during which the CAG's reports have been released to the media and public?

Iamanidiot

The rumour mill says Vinod Rai had a spat with PMO and things turned ugly

sob

Mod
Country flag
While everyone starts playing the devil's advocate, India wouldn't have been in this stage without him.

And by this state I meant one of the emerging economies of the world
In case many people do not remember the period of 1991 and the events that led to the steps taken by PVN/MMS. The economis situation had turned very bad and the Government did not have enough foreign exchange for financing even 3 weeks import bills. In this backdrop the coalition government led by Chandra Shekha Singh as the PM and Yashwant Sinha as the FM had to airlift 67 tons of gold as guarrantee of US $ 2.2 Billion emergency loan from the IMF.

Against this the Govt. had to agree for some very tough steps with the IMF. Yashwant Sinha had prepared his budget with these economic conditions , but the Government collapsed when Congress pulled the plug.

Subsequently PVN became the PM and he brought MMS as his FM ( his second choice, first being I G Patel). The so called economic reforms unleashed by MMS were all part of the conditions laid down by the IMF. (1991 India economic crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). There was sever criticism but due to the astute handling of the situation by the wily PVN, the opposition was won over and the finance bill was passed in the Parliament, paving the way for- what we call today economic reforms.

So please if we have to give credit to anybody for the reforms, please do give it to PVN and not to MMS. He was just following the orders from his boss.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sir, this is indeed superb. Will share it with my friends.
Please do.

I got it from one of my officers just now on Email and I thought this was the ideal thread to share with you all.

It encapsules the travails and tribulations of India throughout history and ends with a very pleasant note!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles