India will train Afghan army

Blackwater

The only challenge I see in any large scale deployment is that we need to pay those countries that will allow us transit to Afghanistan. Thanks to our calling off the first Indo-Pak war in 1948, Gilgit-Baltistan is still under Pakistani control with PLA troops deployed in good measure. Even the US had a harrowing time dealing with Pakistan for their transits to Afghanistan. With US-Iran relations being rock bottom and them being uncomfortable with us being friendly with Iran, I wonder how India can make her presence felt in Afganistan. I guess the best we can do is train their soldiers and give them weapons.
i think we should make effort in reviving ameerika relation with Iran.If Iran come to us ,pak is gone. but saudi will not allow Iran to come close may be pak danda or shia factor??

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
They need Lots of AKs and TANKS..

India can give T-55 and T-72..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I think India role will be limited to training and give small arms:sad::sad::sad:
Small arms ?

I doubt, Their Ideology is different from us, I assume some thing more than small arms..

why not arjun MBT?
Afghan need tanks mainly in infantry support, Small enough in mountain passes, T-55 and T-62/64/72 suits the environment..

its becoz ammerika will be there with there F-16 Afganis Dont need to fly..
US logistical issue is the problem..

Besides US want Afgans to be self sufficient to take over this war as much they can, Political decision is to equipped them with Turbo-props for CAS, But on ground the reactions are different..

Last edited:

Blackwater

Small arms ?

I doubt, Their Ideology is different from us, I assume some thing more than small arms..

Afgan need tanks mainly in infantry support, Small enough in mountain passes, T-55 and T-62/64/72 suits the environment..

Yes yes i understand wat u mean .Besides small arms, we will also provide them Danda to give in na-pak's a.s.s.:pound::pound::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Blackwater

I actually thought you were from NL ;)

FIRST ASK THE ARMY TO TRAIN INDIAN PARA FORCES PROPERLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Iam from NL. I can watch NDTV through cabel. NL is not pakistan where there is no electricity:sad::sad::sad::whistle:

not only NDTV i can watch the following

AAj tak
all star channel
all zee channel
set max
sony
ary
geo
ptv
aaj tv
colors
many more list is endless

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Yeah arm them, train them, fund them. Just don't let innocent Indians die in terrorist attacks while facing ire of talibs due to such afgan pleasing actions.

Last edited:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Ok, here is the article from NDTV

India agrees to train, equip Afghan army: Sources

NDTV Correspondent, Updated: October 04, 2011 22:24 IST

New Delhi: Afghan president Hamid Karzai and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today finalised the details of a strategic partnership between the two nations. A total of three bilateral agreements were signed this evening. Mr Karzai is on a two-day trip to India.

"Our cooperation with Afghanistan is an open book", said the Prime Minister at a joint press conference. India will stand by Afghanistan as the country prepares for its future after the withdrawal of international forces, said Dr Singh.

In that light, of crucial significance - among a host of other things - in the Strategic Partnership document signed between the two neighbours is India agreeing to train, equip and build capacity for Afghan security forces, sources have said.

This could further bolster ties between the two nations and give New Delhi a major strategic depth in the trouble-torn region. This given Pakistan's insistence on India not being allowed to be involved with the Afghan army at all. Incidentally, Islamabad had earlier proposed to train the Afghan army.

Mr Karzai said that through the document of strategic agreement, a first for Afghanistan with any country, the two sides have "put in words" an already-existing active partnership.

The Strategic Partnership between the Sides is based upon the principles of sovereignty, equality and territorial integrity of States, non-interference in their internal affairs, mutual respect and mutual benefit, it said, adding it is "not directed against any other State or group of States."

Appreciating India as the "steadfast friend" of Afghanistan, Mr Karzai said New Delhi does not see his country as one of "terrorism and violence" but as a country trying to live in peace with its neighbours.

Mr Karzai's visit comes amidst tensions with Pakistan after former Afghan President Burhanuddin Rabbani was assassinated nearly two weeks ago. An Afghan government commission probing Mr Rabbani's killing had alleged that Pakistan's spy agency, the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), had prior knowledge of the assassination plot - believed to be carried out by the Taliban. Mr Rabbani was at the forefront of trying to broker peace with the insurgent group. Islamabad has denied its involvement in Mr Rabbani's killing.

Both leaders condoled the death of Mr Rabbani with the Prime Minister asserting his "brutal assassination should serve as an occasion for all of us to strengthen our resolve to jointly confront the menace of terrorism that threatens to undermine the security and stability of our region".

Apart from the Strategic Partnership agreement, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Afghan Ministry of Mines on cooperation in the field of development of hydrocarbons. Another MoU on cooperation in the field of mineral resources was signed between the Indian and Afghan Ministry of Mines.

Mr Karzai's visit comes after Prime Minister Singh visited Kabul in May.

JayATL

was there not a RFP sent out by afghans where India, china and some other country were being considered for a huge billion dollar project ( coal? - what was it) recently? I hope this gives India the leaverage to win it over china.

SpArK

SORCERER
What they need are some artillery guns and some SAM's/ MANPADS..

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
They'd need MBRLs, Helicopter Gunships and a lot of training, hope we don't pussy out.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
What they need are some artillery guns and some SAM's/ MANPADS..
I'm not sure what is the use of SAM and MANPADs for the Afghan Army unless Afghanistan is attacked by PAF/PA . What they need is Artillery for cross firing in case Pak Army provocates or in case the Talibs run away into Pakistan. Also they need all COIN related equipment and training.

pmaitra

i think we should make effort in reviving ameerika relation with Iran.If Iran come to us ,pak is gone. but saudi will not allow Iran to come close may be pak danda or shia factor??
Yes, my thoughts exactly. And I guess you are right, it is the Shia factor, the historical Arab-Persian animosity, US's dependence on Saudi oil and military bases that all add up to a very complicated mix.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
we need to give them some old fighters like mig 21 and 27's....
Do you want to help them and have a good friendship or spoil them? They will lose all their pilots flying the 21s :D

What they need is AD, Arty, Tanks and off course guns!!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
We should encourage afghanistan to capture gilgit while while balistan is taken by us.

too much ?

Galaxy

Country flag
We should encourage afghanistan to capture gilgit while while balistan is taken by us.

too much ?
Not now, May be after 6-7 years.

Baloch will start huge uprising in Balochistan.

Afghanistan will enter Pakistan to claim their lands and throwing durand line crap in dustbin.

We will launch 100 Brahmos from MKI Flanker from Tajikistan airbase. At same time, We will launch massive offensive from Kashmir to Gujarat.

2 CBG will attack Sinde and block their oil from KSA in Arabian sea.

=== We need to deploy complete layer of ABM (2017), 300 Quality Fighter Jets, 200 Transport aircraft, 1,000+ Brahmos/Prahaar/Agni-1 and 0.7 million troops for this offence.

Also to convince Russia, US and make good business wit China by giving them Free trade !!

Then Possible !!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles