India vs China night lights: China feels embarassed.

Does PRC have an inferiority complex vis-a-vis India?

• Yes

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Don't know/Can't say

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
India shines brighter on NASA map, China feels slighted

NEW DELHI: China's growing unease with India reached an absurd level when it tied itself in knots trying to prove that India looking brighter than China does not mean it is more electrified.

An indicator of electrification, a map from NASA's Earth’s City Lights project shows India shining brighter than China at night.

However, China’s state-sponsored People's Daily Online quibbles that it's China that should look brighter because it's more electrified than India.

In a report titled, ' India looks brighter than China on a map, but really it’s not ', People's Daily Online offers reasons given by the State Grid Corporation of China for what it has obviously taken as a big slight.

Citing a Shanghai-based media outlet, The Paper, the report says, "India has more plains than China and is surrounded by seas on three sides, which makes the lights appear brighter. Forty-percent of Indian lands are plain and the mean attitude of the Deccan Plateau is less than 1,000 meters, while China’s plains make up 12 per cent. More than half of China is made up high-altitude plateaus and mountains, home to about 28 per cent of population, which makes the western and northern regions of China seem dim in comparison."

Not satisfied with this explanation, the grid corporation tries harder but ends up sounding illogical: "In the map, India has more lights from villages, which take up more space, while China has more large cities that appear as big, round lights that are not as intense as the lights in India." What this actually means is India has electricity in a wider area and even China's big cities don't look as bright.
Then it goes on to contradict itself by saying the map does not measure the intensity of the lights at all.

China's state-sponsored paper doesn't stop at that. It goes on to offer old data on electrification in India.

Citing The Economic Times, the report says, "More than 300 million Indians are living without electricity and more than 18,000 villages don’t have electricity."
These are old figures. India set a target of electrifying 18,452 village in 2015. This year in March, the government announced it had electrified 13,000 villages out of 18,452 unelectrified villages and the remaining would be electrified by May 2018.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
@J20!, @no smoking and our esteemed Chinese panel, why so serious?

Surely you should not have to prove anything against India seeing as you are already a much larger economy and a much more developed nation. You are also a much bigger military power. So I, and the rest of us feel curious as to why the Global Times felt the need to print such an article, that reveals an inferiority complex: a deep seated fear in the CPC, due to its nature as an authoritarian regime. I still remember that article where Global Times proclaimed China as the largest Democracy on Earth, whereas all others are "false western democracies". That was another indicator that the CPC feels the need to assert its democratic credentials precisely because it is aware of its authoritarian nature.

Unless of course you are insinuating that NASA "tampered" with the image as part of a larger false propaganda campaign?:hehe:

square

Strategic Issues
everything is fake and just propaganda , global times are master in it......their gdp , militry , polulation....everything is fake !!!

no smoking

Country flag
@J20!, @no smoking and our esteemed Chinese panel, why so serious?

Well, because you don't understand Chinese mindset. They love comparing to everyone and pointing out anything which may be lagging behind or representing a weakness. I once got the top one comprehensive score in the whole grade. After congratulating me, my mum's second question was: why your chemistry score is not in top 5?

The thing is: for whatever reason, there was quite a lot Chinese public questioning this in past few week. Then, the Chinese electricity grid felt that they need to answer this question or some of their leaders will lose the job. Today, no one can ignoring the public online questioning.

Surely you should not have to prove anything against India seeing as you are already a much larger economy and a much more developed nation. You are also a much bigger military power. So I, and the rest of us feel curious as to why the Global Times felt the need to print such an article, that reveals an inferiority complex: a deep seated fear in the CPC, due to its nature as an authoritarian regime. I still remember that article where Global Times proclaimed China as the largest Democracy on Earth, whereas all others are "false western democracies". That was another indicator that the CPC feels the need to assert its democratic credentials precisely because it is aware of its authoritarian nature.
Isn't that a good thing? A gov or a party keeps telling itself that it is not perfect, there is room for better.

square

Strategic Issues
the divinity of democracy adds to the brightness of India.
do not duck the question....

looking at the night light map , there were only three full bright area around world....

easten usa
europe
india.

75% of china is dark...
why ?

images (1).jpg

coz the data about chinsse development , gdp , popullation , urbanisation is FAKE...!

if china had population that they claim , then it must have shown on the light map....

let me now answer why china fake with their population data.....after the ccp overturn the democracy in china , US and rest of the world want to replace china with india in the UN.....that time the main arguement was democracy along with polulation.........

Yggdrasil

Country flag
Not sure whether any of you folks have been to China, but I've been there several times, and in terms of urbanisation, infrastructure, facilities, etc they're far ahead of us. Let's give credit where it's due.

People in China live in around the same sized area in its east as the whole of India. That part is pretty well lit, as are Japan and Korea. It's a silly and dumb thing that the insecure CCP gave a clarification on - there's absolutely nothing for us to gloat over.

nimo_cn

Country flag
do not duck the question....

looking at the night light map , there were only three full bright area around world....

easten usa
europe
india.

75% of china is dark...
why ?

View attachment 18085
coz the data about chinsse development , gdp , popullation , urbanisation is FAKE...!

if china had population that they claim , then it must have shown on the light map....

let me now answer why china fake with their population data.....after the ccp overturn the democracy in china , US and rest of the world want to replace china with india in the UN.....that time the main arguement was democracy along with polulation.........
you have got me.

I confess that we faked Chinese population to get UNSC seat. the truth is that India is the most populous nation.

square

Strategic Issues
you have got me.

I confess that we faked Chinese population to get UNSC seat. the truth is that India is the most populous nation.
and now lets come to the gdp and army projections.....
looking at the staterun propaganda over the last one month.....the inside is hollow !!

tharikiran

Country flag
Chinese are stupid to clarify this. Everyone knows, their population density is on the east coast. It's like 75 percent of their land is pretty much uninhabited or thinly populated. Nothing to feel insecure about. It's their fate or that's the cards God gave them to play with..
upload_2017-7-24_11-29-12.png

Just look at the above map...absolutely nothing to the west. Thanks to Gobi desert and Tibet, Himalayas.
upload_2017-7-24_11-32-5.png

Attachments

square

Strategic Issues
Chinese are stupid to clarify this. Everyone knows, their population density is on the east coast. It's like 75 percent of their land is pretty much uninhabited or thinly populated. Nothing to feel insecure about. It's their fate or that's the cards God gave them to play with..
View attachment 18087
Just look at the above map...absolutely nothing to the west. Thanks to Gobi desert and Tibet, Himalayas.
View attachment 18088
there are himalayas in india too.....and in nepal.....
why there is light on indian side of himalaya only !!!
FOREIGN201707201600000283421079753.jpg

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Chinese state media is losing their minds on this. This is really funny. Paki trolls are trying to defend their Chini masters in Twitter.:rotfl:
Who are pakis to defend? Look at their cuntry on the map. There's nothing there. Wherever there are electric lines, there is load shedding. So effectively there is hardly any electricity there as compared to the needs.

shimshali

If India is a country of street shitters where do you think the sand ******s of Pakistan go? Do they squat on top of Kaba? mc you are a street shitter too :pound::pound:
we go to proper facilities which the Indians might know about they are called toliets which Indian consider their whole country as one ..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles