India votes against Sri Lanka at UNHRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Sri Lanka "warns" India and that about Kashmir and the "not-so-singh" grovels before them explaining the position.

Am I the only one who thinks that there is something very wrong in this equation ?..:rage:

As I said all the talk about non-interference, friendship by New Delhi is only to mask its impotence in dealing with its neighbours..First it was Pakistan, then Bangladesh and now it has come to Lanka...Next what ? Maurituis and Maldives ?
When you hear a news on Maldives and Mauritious demand something From India, time they will go sucking upto Maldives and Mauritius instead of demanding respect from them. Impotent India- the greatest Super power the world has ever seen. So impotent a "supah pawah" that it has to continuosly sleep with its neighbors, so that the neighbors dont whore themselves out.:frusty:

God i love this country and its dreamers. Next time they will say we have to whore ourselves to the Chicoms for keeping them happy.:bounce:

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
War crimes: UN countries which voted against & for Sri Lanka

Thursday, March 22, 2012, 18:56 [IST]
UNHRC

Geneva, Mar 22: 47-member United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) met in Geneva on Thursday, Mar 22 and cast their vote on the US moved resolution on Sri Lanka.

While 24 out of 47 countries including India vote in favour of the resolution to pressurise Sri Lanka to investigate alleged war crimes during the last stage of its military action against the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE), 15 countries vote against the resolution supporting Sri Lanka. 8 countries, however, refrained themselves from casting the vote.

Here is the complete list of countries which cast vote against and for Sri Lanka:

OneIndia News

Vote Against and For Sri Lanka | List of Names | Geneva | Lankan War Crimes | UNHRC | US Moved Resolution

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
What do they mean by re-thinking ? Does it mean they will be ready to throw out the sops given to them by their ass lovers? :hmm:

Since when did SL became a country with balls? they are threatening the Supah Powah with retaliation in Kashmir :pound: and now threatening the economic powah housah with economic sanctions :lol:

And now it has started, what will the Lankan ass kissers have to say for this?:heh:

devgupt

Country flag
After the US civil war was over, there was a big question- how should USA treat the states and its people who had rebelled.There was tremendous pressure on Lincoln from fellow Republicans to impose harsher penalties on South. Yet Lincoln adopted a moderate stance during Reconstruction allowing Southern states to recover and to preserve the union in true sense.

Rajapakse had a chance to be remembered as Lincoln and to truly integrate his nation. He has frittered that away.
He will be remembered as the man who defeated LTTE.
He will not be remembered as the man who solved the Sinhala- Tamil problem

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Who killed who...........? think before answering every one knows how Tamils treat their own people!
Boldened part is awesome.. And so we are killing the North Indians now? care to give some news on that?:taunt1:

Here is for the rest- DUDE the resolution is passed because your Super duper army killed thousands of CIVILIANS. Or will you say it was under the National interest?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Here are some comments i found on the net for the NDTV debate. I want to know how much of it is true.

And these were the comments

So my allegations were not false eh?

KS

Bye bye DFI
Treat your own people in TN first and then turn towards others......
It was not us telling anything...but the bunch of crazy monks called JHU who were ranting about that.

Glad to be of help. Welcome.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
But for India amending the resolution, Sri Lanka would have been up for the high jumps!

Even though they richly deserved to be kicked in the pants for their playing dirty and massacring people in the No Fire Zone, they having given the solemn declaration of a No Fire Zone.

Double crossers!

They should have rounded up the people who were LTTE in the No Fire Zone and put them up for trials, and not lure them with lies and then exterminating them like Hitler's gassing of the Jews!

I don't like the LTTE, but I hate in equal, if not more measures, all double crossers and dirty liars!

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag
Boldened part is awesome.. And so we are killing the North Indians now? care to give some news on that?:taunt1:

Here is for the rest- DUDE the resolution is passed because your Super duper army killed thousands of CIVILIANS. Or will you say it was under the National interest?
I actually meant Tamils from Tamilnadu..!

our SLA killing civilians yeah right.......... prove it please!

panduranghari

A puny neighbor like Srilanka has the balls to tell the So called third Super Power of the Century:wtf: that they will face repurcursions on Kashmir and These idiots here are saying that India should Lick SL than kick it back to stone age.

Shows how impotent Indians and its govt are.:frusty:
It was reported by Xinhua. Sensationalised. SL is a puppet state and will always remain one.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Double crossers!

They should have rounded up the people who were LTTE in the No Fire Zone and put them up for trials, and not lure them with lies and then exterminating them like Hitler's gassing of the Jews!

I don't like the LTTE, but I hate in equal, if not more measures, all double crossers and dirty liars!
From all the media ranting I have heard about SL civil war....... this is the most hilarious and despicable allegation. I do not know how Mr. Ray got this details of luring the civilians out and killing them.... but surely it will not be from any respectable source!

I might try be more rational here and like to ask Mr. Ray if Sri Lankan army and it's government is like Hitler how come more than half the number of tamil people in SL live out of north and east...? (mainly in Colombo.. but I haven't seen any tamil where yellow bands in hands to identify them or any sign say not for dogs and tamils!)

After the US civil war was over, there was a big question- how should USA treat the states and its people who had rebelled.There was tremendous pressure on Lincoln from fellow Republicans to impose harsher penalties on South. Yet Lincoln adopted a moderate stance during Reconstruction allowing Southern states to recover and to preserve the union in true sense.

Rajapakse had a chance to be remembered as Lincoln and to truly integrate his nation. He has frittered that away.
He will be remembered as the man who defeated LTTE.
He will not be remembered as the man who solved the Sinhala- Tamil problem
Even the US took more than a decade for a real reconciliation for their people..... that's just for a war fought with in a half a decade and for a minor cause.......... do you think a true reconciliations in SL could work out in merely 3 years... Mr. devgupt SL tamil issue has more than 50 years of history and it need more time for a true and meanigful reconciliation

panduranghari

natarajan

I presumeto establish 'the eelam' the current Sinhalese need to be exterminated? New low for Tamilians if you believe in this.
similar to india ,pakistan division where india remained secular and pakistan become islamic but in srilanka it is just eelam and srilanka ,i dont find anything wrong in it ,it should have been done in independence of SL itself but they missed.

ejazr

Ambassador
An insightful article by MJ Akbar on what GoI SHOULD have done with Sri Lanka

Main - Side Views - The past is more than memory — MJ Akbar @ Sun Mar 25 2012

MARCH 25 — Dr Henry Kissinger had just become America's secretary of state when Egypt's president Anwar Sadat surprised the world and stunned his Arab world by launching a war against Israel on October 6, 1973, the day of Yom Kippur.

Within 24 hours Egyptian troops had crossed the Suez Canal and raced across the Sinai desert to recover a strip of territory lost in 1967.

At the end of that fateful day, Kissinger sent a simple but powerful private message to Sadat through a non-official channel: "You have begun the war with Soviet weapons, but you will need the power of American diplomacy to establish a peace."

Sadat understood. Israel's counteroffensive was inevitable, shifting the course of war. America and Soviet Union went on high alert.

It was America that helped establish not only the ceasefire lines that have held to this day, but also, over the next five years, negotiate the tripartite settlement between Sadat, Menachem Begin and Jimmy Carter that still constitutes the framework of peace in the region.

It was the kind of role that Delhi could have, and indeed should have, played in the Sri Lanka civil war that ended in such a bloody climax in January 2009.

The Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) was in power in both Tamil Nadu and Delhi then, but it accepted the policy of restraint crafted by Dr Manmohan Singh and his foreign minister Pranab Mukherjee.

That was wise. But wisdom petered out when the Congress-DMK alliance simply forgot that wars do not necessarily end with defeat; and in the specific case of Lanka Tamils, they had an obligation to ensure a comprehensive rehabilitation of Tamils that accommodated post-defeat realities.

The message that Delhi should have sent to Colombo is obvious: "You have won the war with others' weapon, but you will need Delhi to find peace."

However, the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government walked away from this responsibility, even though Tamil Nadu voted for the DMK-Congress alliance in the summer of 2009, which in turn played a decisive part in the re-election of UPA.

Perhaps the momentum was lost when Pranab Mukherjee left external affairs to go to finance, but a shift in portfolios cannot absolve a government whose first duty is protection of the national interest.

Delhi refused to use the power of Indian diplomacy to eliminate the reasons that had led to the Lanka civil war. Kissinger, conversely, ensured the withdrawal of Israeli troops on Egyptian soil but recognised the necessity of letting Egyptians keep their military gains since they had repossessed their own territory from Israel.

He understood that Egypt could not negotiate even an interim settlement with Israel as long as its land was under Israeli control. But in the three years that have passed since the death of Tamil Tigers leader Vellupillai Prabhakaran, Delhi has behaved as if the Tamil problem in Lanka was over, and the past is a bad memory which should be allowed to lapse in silence.

But the past is never so cooperative, particularly if there are demons hidden in its fog. Guilt is something that governments rarely, and foreign policy establishments never, admit.

One wonders if there is a story of Delhi's collusion with Colombo during the last phase of the war, when some 40,000 civilians were allegedly butchered, that this UPA government would prefer to lock in the secrecy of archives?

Is UPA worried that public debate will release ghosts that it wants safely buried? The American resolution in the US will not succeed in punishing anyone in Sri Lanka who committed war crimes.

If anything it could increase the domestic popularity of President Rajapaksa, who showed the necessary resolve to win a war that had lasted most of a generation. The Tamil Tigers did not fight by any rules; they spread havoc through terrorism when they could. They took the life of a former prime minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi.

However, it has succeeded in reviving a debate which went quiet, but never disappeared. It was public pressure from Indian Tamils that finally forced DMK and Congress to take a position; they had enough time to take the initiative themselves, but did not do so.

Indian diplomats surely do not need the UN as a player in what, ideally, should have been part of the bilateral process between India and its neighbour.

The sin of omission was compounded by the sin of commission. The manner in which UPA took this decision betrayed its vacillation and weakness. When foreign policy becomes hostage to coalition compulsions, it is evident that the political class is not doing any thinking.

Over the last three years, there has been a sequence of blunders in the neighbourhood, from mentioning Balochistan in a communiqué with Pakistan to dropping the Teesta ball with Bangladesh and now a faux pas with Sri Lanka.

Political uncertainty has made Indian diplomacy weaker than India's weight would warrant. The consequences will last longer than this government.

Oracle

With the bolded parts I partly agree...the emotion regarding this issue on the ground in TN is much more than I express here for the sake of political correctness. If you know Tamil go to some Tamil forum in FB or elsewhere and see it.

There is nothing much to reply to your "beating around the bush" after exposing your hatred for a particular region which prompted you to assign meaning to words when it was not what I intended. ("Why should we"). Every other poster understood the meaning except you..meaning something is hopelessly wrong with you. FACT.

And not replying to your inanities doesnt mean you were correct....it just means you are so hopelessly deluded that it is not worth my time to straighten the dog's tail. Dont take credit where it is not due.:wave:
Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles