India votes against Sri Lanka at UNHRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am not surprised with NimoCN's comment.

Indeed, a shining democracy is alienating itself, but then an autocratic dictatorship like China has already alienated its neighbours and even friends.

Myanmar has given the Chinese a cold shoulder over the construction of the Dam in the Kachin area! Told China to take a hike!

And so China to appease Myanmar has give two old Naval ships that were destined to the ship breaking industry!

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
After reading posts by Indian members, one shouldn't be surprised that SL is alienating herself from India. India, the self-claimed shinning democracy, has no respect for its neighbors.
China has so much respect(and non intervention policy) for its neighbors so much so that all of its neighbors have territorial issues with them. The only real friend they have is the Pukis and they know it well too. Here they ae commenting on the Indian foreign policy:laugh:

anoop_mig25

Country flag
yes...the primary concerns of every gaumata belt analyst about india's vote is china would get more space in lanka and we are doomed...how to counter it and what are the implications ?

Implications :
First and foremost there is nothing much to loose in lanka..the chinese are already everywhere and in every level..even before the vote and this thing will not change anything earth shaking

second even if the chinese are to get additional legroom and if it threatens the legitimate indian interests in its backyard they should be told in no uncertain terms that this is our near abroad and china better not meddle here.

There is only a slim chance that they will accpet it..now if they dont then start dealing more aggresively with countries with japan,vietnam,phillipines on your own terms..build a oil rig in vietnam, develop a deep sea port in phhilipines.

Once that is done, china , unlike india, would make a huge fuss out of it and for that politely reply this is a bilateral relationship between india and that respective country and china should not be concerned just like india was not about chin's engagement in lanka.

If we play it right they would see the sense and a climate of detente would be developed...but then i myself fear that is too much to ask from a gutless indian leadership.
and doing so d u think chinese would coreect their steps ??

nimo_cn

Country flag
China has so much respect(and non intervention policy) for its neighbors so much so that all of its neighbors have territorial issues with them. The only real friend they have is the Pukis and they know it well too. Here they ae commenting on the Indian foreign policy:laugh:
I am not surprised with NimoCN's comment.

Indeed, a shining democracy is alienating itself, but then an autocratic dictatorship like China has already alienated its neighbours and even friends.

Myanmar has given the Chinese a cold shoulder over the construction of the Dam in the Kachin area! Told China to take a hike!

And so China to appease Myanmar has give two old Naval ships that were destined to the ship breaking industry!
I am not surprised by Ray's comment, but I am surprised that his post is not taken care of by the moderators.

If this was a thread related to China and I brought up something about India, my post would most likely be deleted by moderators for the cause of being off topic. I guess Ray has the privilege to post something off topic as long as it makes Indians happy.

@moderators
please don't take this as complaints. I only hope that my post won't be deleted for being "off-topic" next time.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I am not surprised by Ray's comment, but I am surprised that his post is not taken care of by the moderators.

If this was a thread related to China and I brought up something about India, my post would most likely be deleted by moderators for the cause of being off topic. I guess Ray has the privilege to post something off topic as long as it makes Indians happy.

@moderators
please don't take this as complaints. I only hope that my post won't be deleted for being "off-topic" next time.
Really, why should the Point of India being a Democracy make into the debate then? Does your Autocracy(**** me, i dont give a shit type govt) give you the right to interfere in other country's foreign policies?

And Why the ---- did your govt vote in Favour of the resolution if it is committed to non intervention? It should have abstained no?

And here you are making off topic comments for which you get off topic(yet so near the topic) replies, for which you are whining about mistreatment:lol:

nimo_cn

Country flag
What is the relation between democracy an attitude towards neighbors and protecting national interests?
You think you are superior to your neighbors because of your self-claimed democracy status, and you keep dictating what they should do. Many Indians here talk about taking control of SL as if SL is a dependency of India, ignoring that SL is an independent sovereignty which has the full right to decide its internal and external policy without counseling with India.

What national interest are you protecting by voting for a resolution targetting SL?
What response do you expect of SL after you harm their national interest?

If I was from SL, I was gonna say "F**K OFF, Indian loser".

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
You think you are superior to your neighbors because of your self-claimed democracy status, and you keep dictating what they should do. Many Indians here talk about taking control of SL as if SL is a dependency of India, ignoring that SL is an independent sovereignty which has the full right to decide its internal and external policy without counseling with India.

What national interest are you protecting by voting for a resolution targetting SL?

Have you even gone through the whole debate here on those who supported the resolution and those who didn't?

You are just ranting here without having a clue about what's going on.

Again what has democracy got to do with protecting national interests?

The US, the shining beacon of democracy supports dictators and autocratic regimes when it suits it's national interests.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Atleast INDIA had the guts to stand up to the cause rather fearing CHINA will take advantage,

Can you believe Bombing in NFZ that to setup by Govt :tsk: that's fu(|<ing crazy and they tell later terrorist(LTTE) also went inside, I have a doubt then is it not the responsibility of SLG to stop terrorist from getting inside their protected area :mad: THIS NFZ IS ALL A BIG SETUP FOR SLAUGHTER HOUSE may be they named this "Operation Cold Blood Slaughtering" [OCBS]

KS

Bye bye DFI
If you were a Lankan well, you could only say that on an online forum...they are far too small and we are far too large for them to ignore us.

It doesnt matter what they think, or what they want...they gotta live with us.Period.

KS

Bye bye DFI
and doing so d u think chinese would coreect their steps ??
Try building deep sea ports in Vietnam and selling some Brahmos missiles to Phillipines...lets see if they correct their steps or not.

China very well knows India is in a state of policy paralysis with weak kneed, gutless leadership and none of their provocations in our legitimate area of influence would be answered in the same coin.

Fault lies with us..not with any one else. The Nehru-gandhian pacifist nature has seeped too much into us to the point of making us look impotent.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
So is the Vietnam. Why the fcuk do you guys care when we engage with them? why does your govt whine like Porks when some one conducts the exercises with them. Why does your govt whine like pigs when US stations marines in Philipines and Australia- last time i heard, they are sovereign countries too.:heh:

So what the fcuk are are you guys doing in their internal affairs? Why are you supporting their genocide? IS it because they coincide with your atrocities in Tibet? If so understandable. Abstaining from the resolution is the meaning for non interference of the internal affairs . But your govt has cunningly bastardised that term that non interference is made into "Interfering to keep the dictators and war criminals safe so that we can exploit the natural resources there"

If I was from SL, I was gonna say "F**K OFF, Indian loser"
And i am saying ---- off chinese losers when they are interfering in the Internal affairs of Tibet:finger:

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
If you were a Lankan well, you could only say that on an online forum...they are far too small and we are far too large for them to ignore us.

It doesnt matter what they think, or what they want...they gotta live with us.Period.
Lol that was uncalled for please retract what you said they too is a independent sovereignty country and you sound arrogant.

But wait as they killed innocent's i say fu(|< off their little (un* :rofl:

venkat

China respects its neighbours nimo cn? Have you heard of a snake respecting a frog before gobbling it up?

KS

Bye bye DFI
Lol that was uncalled for please retract what you said they too is a independent sovereignty country and you sound arrogant.
I dont mean to disrespect anybody...but I'm not here to be politically correct either.

The fact of the matter is Lanka is far too small and far too weak to attempt to survive independent of India or try being hostile to India.

It's time New Delhi realizes it.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
China respects its neighbours nimo cn? Have you heard of a snake respecting a frog before gobbling it up?
:pound::pound:

The point he was trying to make was that the Chinese Autocracy;) has given them the god given right to rape other nations without others questioning them while the Indian Democracy cant stand up for its interests or the aspirations of its people And nor can it stand against the atrocities by a country

I am still waiting for his reply to YB's question on why democracy is relevant here:hmm:

Illusive

Country flag
Sri Lanka allying with China will only harm its interests in the long run. It should know many nations are not happy with China's dismal human right records, siding with them means SL have additional baggage of China's wrong doings and perceptions change in this mass media world quite quickly.

This vote doesnt decide anything, its only when SL decides with what it does from now on. The ball is in SL court, cooperation with India means good relations with western countries too. SL should know that its not just India that doesn't want China in IOR, but also US too.

Last edited:

panduranghari

This govt apparently is a ship without a rudder - drifting where the tide takes it.

Everywhere we are on the defensive.

Now China is upping the ante, and I believe, have done some incursions.

Nepal is giving China leeway to build a large 'land port'.

Sri Lanka has been given arms by China to massacre the Tamils when the SL govt renegaded about the No Fire Zone, in a cowardly way contravening international protocol.

Bangladesh is not too happy with India.

Bhutan has not allowed India to make the road to Tawang because of the Chinese.

Maldives has been left high and dry and a fundamentalist Govt has been allowed to take hold of it!

Pakistan is always a 'great friend' of India.

So, with all our 'greatness', India is like a cornered cat.

What should be done?
Grow Balls.

Give up Gandhigiri. Adopt Bhaigiri. Act and talk like a big boy that it is. Threaten consequences if the adjacent countries dont play ball. Our Navy, Airforce and Army is strong enough to impose its authority, only thing missing is the political leadership.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Grow Balls.

Give up Gandhigiri. Adopt Bhaigiri. Avt and talk like a big boy that it is. Threaten consequences if the adjacent countries dont play ball. Our Navy, Airforce and Army is strong enough to impose its authority, only thing missing is the political leadership.
What is Avt?

panduranghari

After reading posts by Indian members, one shouldn't be surprised that SL is alienating herself from India. India, the self-claimed shinning democracy, has no respect for its neighbors.
Put your own house in order first before pointing fingers. Else the fingers will be crushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles