India urges China to postpone Xi Jinping's visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmaitra

@Srinivas_K, normally, the responsibility of posting a reference or link is with the claimant.

Therefore, you should provide a link to @CCP, that back up your claim.

Last edited by a moderator:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
@Srinivas_K, normally, the responsibility of posting a reference or link is with the claimant.

Therefore, you should provide a link to @CCP, that back up your claim.
Yes the claimant has to provide the link.

But in this case the claim is obvious one and a well known fact, just googling it will get a link with out much effort.

I am just addressing his attitude here .

CCP

But in this case the claim is obvious one and a well known fact, just googling it will get a link with out much effort.

You still do not provide any link...

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag

This claim is obviously wrong one.
The wall was started first around 200 BC for the war against Hun when Mongols didn't even existed.
In the next 2000 years, various northern invaders tried to break the wall, Mongols was just one of them.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Who are Indians ? You don't even have a united race.
a question for the indian members and admin
really is this the kind of conversation that we want with non indians on this forum

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
Your Communist Party has brainwashed you extensively. Those who don't have freedom..does not know how a free human being lives. Caged birds like to remain in their cages as they have not known how flying in open skies feels.
Simple repeat of words from newspaper, yourselves don't even know what they are talking about. I will ignore that.

Mr. No Smoking, do your research ...you will find that China's biggest import item from US is Soybeans.
Doesn't change the fact that China is third largest market for US.

Biggest export items are cheap and low quality clothes, shoes, electronics and appliances who fall apart in hours after you bring them home. In US, Made in China means low quality, fragile products made with the sweat and blood of caged, poor Chinese sweatshop workers.
Well, first, biggest export item is machine/engine/pump. And US has been purchasing these "low quality" items for decades. I just wonder why they don't buy those "high quality" indian products. Where are they?

The People's Republic of China | Office of the United States Trade Representative

What is India number one export to USA? Ah, here---Precious stone.

India | Office of the United States Trade Representative

The growth of each country?

China--3.5% (14.9b)
India--3.2% (1.3b)

Wow, now I can see how USA is reducing import from China: by buying even more.

India is too powerful militarily to be intimidated now..it's not 1962 when your Communists stabbed Indian leader Nehru in back. I know that current Chinese leaders are different...esp. President Xi and Prime Minister Li seems reasonable..I have read their speeches..they want to be friendly with India and open Silk Routes for trade...That's good..as making 1.2 billion Indians equipped with Nukes and high tech weapons as enemies of China..is a foolish idea. India's new leader seems to be getting along well with Chinese Leaders...lets see how Modi and Xi's meeting in New Delhi goes on August 17...only 5 days from today. CCP and No Smoking...it's time to clean your minds polluted by Communist propaganda and see the new reality as it is. Trade between India and China is the future.....Jingoism is thing of past.
Well, maybe it is the time for you to walk out of your little shell and have a look of the real world: Yes, it is not 1962 anymore. In 1962, China was still a country poorer than India. She couldn't barely produce any indigenous tanks, fighters and warships. Today, however, India is lagging behind far behind.

One more important fact..in fact..very important...1 trillion dollars of Chinese money is invested in US treasuries (US govt.Bonds), China can not sell US treasuries Bonds and is stuck with them. Selling these bonds will cause sharp rise in Yuan and the export dependent Chinese economy can collapse. Interest rates in US are very low as this Chinese money is which can not leave..is letting Americans enjoy low interest rates.
Then you should call US government to convince them how wonderful it is for Americans that Chinese keeps their currency low. By the way, don't thank us. We are happy to see American enjoying low interest rates which means more sale of Chinese product.

pmaitra

I am not going to wade through 8 pages of discussion. From what I see, from the suggested postponement of Jinping's visit, we have somehow arrived at the Great Wall of China.

I think we need to get back to the topic.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
This claim is obviously wrong one.
The wall was started first around 200 BC for the war against Hun when Mongols didn't even existed.
In the next 2000 years, various northern invaders tried to break the wall, Mongols was just one of them.
Qin dynasty fighting against Huns(or wall built for huns is controversy) those tribes which qin fought are not yet clear if they were Huns.They came from northern regions to China. There are walls between the small kingdoms in china and then there are walls which are erected to protect the peasants

Regarding my claim, when the chinese started building the strong wall (unlike mud and stone walls Qin built which were later eroded and now reduced to rubble ) the primary aim of the fortifications is to protect the peasants from mongol raids.

The mud and stone wall that was reduced to rubble which was built in earlier times

The fortifications which are used against mongols

This is my last post on this argument of GW.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
We have a good chance to see China project hard power on India.
Sorry for @Ray, he may have no chance to see it in his life.
Don't worry about my life, old Chang!

Just take care that you are not on the list of the next purge.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Chinese suffered under Mongols, Japanese and during cultural revolution. But their history pictures a different stories highlighting some minor achievements as victories and glory.

Chinese are helpless against mongol hordes and they eventually decided to build a Great wall with the help of peasant blood. This shows the defensive mindset of the Chinese and the rulers always wanted to be an isolated kingdom thinking they are a middle kingdom (in their illusions).

The Great wall itself is a symbol of isolation and defensive mindset of Chinese.
@CCP
That is why they have this matam over their 100 years of Humiliation.

Compersion

Country flag
A United Chinese what is that definition. It is transient in nature and impulsive. One can say certain themes and subject matters propagate Chinese unity but there are not many. For example the PRC Constitution is not one of those reason.

A Chinese person is today a person from PRC, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Xinjiang, Tibet, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, America, India and other areas (also include the many that are not documented and have requested such). Among these there are separate countries, states, areas, regions, and administrative profiles. Are all Chinese person united. Are all Chinese people against India. I dont believe that.

Can a Chinese person say that Chinese ought to be united against India because of a 1962 war. The conflict is difficult to explain and also profile into common person psyche with people from India and Chinese people. Religion and 2000+ years of history one can say. Even proximity and pragmatism for today and tomorrow and day-after. The 1962 war was a conflict exasperation between a Leader of India and Leader(s) of Peoples Republic of China. I believe there is uncommon sediments for Chinese to say that they do not like Indians. What would be the reason for Chinese people to be pushed this message.

The PRC leaders however recognize and behave different to Chinese people. At this moment the PRC people "endorse" the PRC leaders but that does not mean Chinese people agree with PRC leaders. I wont go into separate countries, states, areas, regions, and administrative profiles and their views towards India but they are different from PRC leaders.

But one things for sure is that President Xi does not represent Chinese people.

Also there was a reference to United India and United race of India. i wont go into the why and justify but share a example where there seems to be a recent attempt of copying India and not PRC:

European Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I feel President Xi and PM Modi have a chance of developing a good connection and each will take into account the Country and People interests.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There is no doubt that in China all cannot be Han.

And yet, the statistics prove so.

The reason is not hard to find - it is Sincisation or making all Han by intimidation, insult, wiping out of indigenous culture, intermarriage and so on till all became Han.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
We have a good chance to see China project hard power on India.
Sorry for @Ray, he may have no chance to see it in his life.
:rolleyes: Good luck with that. Anything else smarty pants ?

no smoking

Country flag
Regarding my claim, when the chinese started building the strong wall (unlike mud and stone walls Qin built which were later eroded and now reduced to rubble ) the primary aim of the fortifications is to protect the peasants from mongol raids.
Once again, there was no Mongolian raids in any ancient Chinese history book until 1100 AD.

bose

Country flag
I have never mention my mother has such powerful friend as your mother.
Idiot !! you do not understand the context... after all famed Chinese IQ...

Well, you and me are very lucky. we have a good chance to see it in not far future.
I will be Waiting !! do not turn back with your tail between your legs and run back ...

Barak2

Well that's how things gets changed because in general its about the circumstances whether one situation suits something and how it goes which is the need big time. The way you have talked of these things i believe gives people who aren't much into it a lot to learn and understand.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Thread had lost track a year back and is going nowhere.

Closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles