India, U.S. will hold military exercises near China border

hardip

Basically, what you suggesting is that US will give their most valuable tech to you in exchange of you doing nothing. The fact is that so far there is no country has ever received that level of tech transfer from Americans, no matter how close they.

Wrong, Chinese never worried about India for this reason. In fact, they have the same reason in mind as Americans: an India's Indian Ocean.

no chiness always worries to india .... because india can breaks its economy... on his style.

no smoking

Country flag
no chiness always worries to india .... because india can breaks its economy... on his style.
Yes, India has been talking about this story since 1990s:
India century;
India shining;
Incredible India;
What is next????

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Basically, what you suggesting is that US will give their most valuable tech to you in exchange of you doing nothing. The fact is that so far there is no country has ever received that level of tech transfer from Americans, no matter how close they.
Looks like I'll have to spell it out for you.
  1. Read what I posted again:
    Let the USA think its using us. We'll play hard to get. Get their weapons technology to plug current gaps and in the meantime develop our defence-industrial complex to self-sufficiency levels and on par with that of a developed country. Once we don't need USA's weapons or weapon components, we can begin asserting our status as an independent player more aggressively.
    Notice how i said we need to plug our gaps with their tech and/or weapons.
  2. Now tell me, are they not offering us P-8I, AH-64D, Chinook, Guardian UAV, EMALS tech, M777, C-17, C-130J, GE-404, F-18, F-16, war-gaming software...................................................................?
  3. Will these not plug our gaps?
  4. Can we not develop our own defence-industrial complex by the time the life of this equipment finishes?
  5. If we manage to do so will we have to depend on USA for weapons again?
  6. Will USA not loose its leverage over us when that happens?
  7. Could you not have worked out the meaning of my post on your own?
Wrong, Chinese never worried about India for this reason. In fact, they have the same reason in mind as Americans: an India's Indian Ocean.
:eek::eek:

Wow. Maybe I am misinterpreting what you said, but it looks like you are telling me that PRC is happy to accept our claim that Indian ocean is India's ocean. Yes I must be misinterpreting this. Tell me you mean something else. Please tell me you don't actually mean that :faint:

rockey 71

Good opinion. But how do you propose we do that? Be specific.
@sorcerer,

1. Firstly a national will has to be forged in all SA nations. But India, being the most powerful, must show leadership here. The leaders need to be sincere to be able to lead their nation towards a pacification. Unfortunately - and I know many will shout me down here, such sincerity is rare among politicians who thrive on acrimony. If India cannot have a military regime then at least a man of character like Jaswant Singh should be vested with dictatorial powers. Here I am quoting a Lieut Gen of IA belonging to the Independence Course.

2. Re Kashmir, why not involve the Kashmiris?

3. Re terrorism in Pakistan, India should come clean and assist Pakistan in tackling terrorists. This I say because Pakistan says India and the West are patronizing these terrorists.

4. I am an old soldier. Please mark my words. The true target of the West are the fabulous wealth of India. The romance attached with the name of India / Hindustan still moves all their senses. From Pakistan they will gradually shift these terrorists into India.

DingDong

Country flag
@sorcerer,

1. Firstly a national will has to be forged in all SA nations. But India, being the most powerful, must show leadership here. The leaders need to be sincere to be able to lead their nation towards a pacification. Unfortunately - and I know many will shout me down here, such sincerity is rare among politicians who thrive on acrimony. If India cannot have a military regime then at least a man of character like Jaswant Singh should be vested with dictatorial powers. Here I am quoting a Lieut Gen of IA belonging to the Independence Course.

3. Re terrorism in Pakistan, India should come clean and assist Pakistan in tackling terrorists. This I say because Pakistan says India and the West are patronizing these terrorists.

4. I am an old soldier. Please mark my words. The true target of the West are the fabulous wealth of India. The romance attached with the name of India / Hindustan still moves all their senses. From Pakistan they will gradually shift these terrorists into India.
1. Democracy is in genes of Indians now, India will never accept a dictator.

2. Remember the camel and the merchant story? Merchant invited the Camel inside the tent out of pity only to be pushed out of the tent. India is the Merchant here. Time has come to enforce the pecking order. Once the state establishes uncontested supremacy then we will talk.

3. We will bring the fight into enemy's territory. It is better to be on the winning side than holding moral high standards.

4. We are quite aware of the western designs. For the time being we need to maintain good relation with them. One enemy at a time.

sorcerer

Country flag
@sorcerer,

Building regional institutions is a tough challenge..I am not saying its unworkable..Its workable..but it requires constant mending
In South Asia ..right now India is taking some leadership Initiatives and is actually following up on the progress of issues which is under India's responsibility.
Such interlinked engagements can clear a lot of misunderstanding between nations..but that wont entirely clear the chances of war between nations hence arms race.

Mil.Regime is not a good option as we have seen how the regimes with mil. in charge has collapsed and ruined itself because "demorcacy" is the keyword these days.

In a policy driven politics dictatorial powers have very limited scope. A nation nor a group of nations can never allow a person to shape the future.
We would need leaders who could exercise the most soft-power(Politics) and diplomatic coercion to steer a common consensus towards maturity.

Kashmiris are Indians...and Kashmiri separatists are stooges who carry out agenda.

pakistan uses terrorism as a state policy..this is how many terrorist organization feels relevant as every one has a pie of a nation to feed their ego and inflate their loots.
I would say..pakistan got addicted to terrorism..pakis know that terrorism is not good..but they cant quit it.. :D
How can India work in pakistan if Indian requests for tackling terror outfits are rejected by pakistan.
India as a nation CANT go inside pakistan and fight terrorists for pakistsn thus assisting pakistan. The best India can do is provide Intel./ proofs against terrorists inside pakistan and pakistan govt or the army should take that intel. and proofs to put arrest and commute that terrorists for good.
BUT

Instead we all know what is happening.
pakistan comes with the same answer "NOT ENOUGH PROOF" or They simply don't act instead in-order to get even with INDIA on pakistans failed diplomatic policies elsewhere around the globe ..they release the arrested or booked terrorists out in the open ..free...as if trying to WIN OVER INDIA..
How ridiculous is that..
Is pakistan doing themselves a favor by doing that? No!!
Is pakistan doing the world a favor by doing that? No!!

India has shared intel. on some of he worlds most wanted terrorists but has pakistan acted on it?
No!! They are selective in approach.

Not just India, no nation can work with pakistan if pakistan uses terrorism as a state policy be it at a strategic level or a diplomatic leverage.
With this the world knows who is patronizing terrorists.

India never patronize with terrorists... India has always pushed the world order to MOVE away from the "GOOD Terrorists/ BAD terrorist policy" and treat terrorism as an evil for the whole world.

Not Just India...but every nation where the west have and is trying to install democracy.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
@sorcerer,

When I said "Be specific", I was asking you to elaborate on each bilateral in South Asia and then give a detailed answer on how to resolve each of these bilateral issues. Therefore, your first point stating that we need to give up democracy and give our country to a saint dictator irked me. Make no mistake, I am not a proponent of democracy and I am well aware of the shortcomings of a democracy. But the concept of an "angel dictator" is so idealistic, its funny. A man's character is not a stable entity. There are situations that can make anyone's ideals waver. I trust my own character the most. Even so I would not be comfortable wielding such immense power. What makes you think I'll let anyone else hold power like that?

Power corrupts. And a man with character is corrupted in such a manner that he is still good in his own eyes post corruption. Power can play tricks on your mind as wielding power involves giving up your conscience piecemeal. Conscience is the anchor for a good character. Once you loose your conscience.......

The rest of your answer is similarly dull with idealistic notions. Truth is, in the real world, solutions such as these are the first casualties. I fail to understand why people find it so hard to accept the world that they live in. This world is immoral and any attempt to make it ideal with morals is doomed to failure. Accept that you are in a world where realpolitik reigns supreme.

What intrigues me is your mention of "India's fabulous wealth".
What is this wealth that the world seems to want to rob us off?
To me, India's wealth is in its united diversity born out of a long bloody historical struggle. Such diversity that no other nation in the world can hope to match. I love my country, not simply because I was born in it, but because its a country like no other: United in its diversity and diverse history. This is our "fabulous wealth" and something intangible that no country in the world can rob us of.

Please, read my signature. I am sure you disagree. We belong to different schools of thought. So lets agree to disagree.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles