India to vote against Sri Lanka in UNHRC

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Though killing a child is deplorable war crime...but i am amazed at this hypocratic rona -dhona from tamil diaspora and LTTE supporters both inside and outside india and the tamilnadu govt.....Where were these tamil people when Prabhakaran and his organisation was using the child sucide bombers and child soldiers.I didnt hear wven a single protest voice from these people during 1990s till prabhakaran's end.how old was dhanu when she blew herself to kill rajiv gandhi.From pics of her she was just a minor.Where were these tamils who never condemned prabhakaran fo using a minor girl as suicide bomber.

did Tamil diaspora or even people and leaders of tamilnadu did show concern for the child soldiers and the suicide bombers used by LTTE That they are now crying wolf on killing of Prabhakarn's son and shedding crocodile's tears now(though kids death in the manner he met is deplorable.What i'm pointing out is the hypocrisy of tamil diaspora.

mikhail

Country flag
who supported ltte terrorists in Sri Lanka?responsible for killing thousands of innocent

beside sending cheap labour you supported terrorists as well while we exported millions worth arms to Sri Lanka to fight those raw supported as well as trained terrorist in Sri Lanka
farhan i made a promise to myself that i would never reply any of your dumb posts but now you are compelling me to do that!yeah initially our GOI supported the LTTE and trained them in our country but that was due to the fact that the Lankans were persecuting the Tamils mercilessly but due to the sheer stupidity of our ex-P.M. Mr.Rajeev Gandhi India found itself in a position where both SL ad the Tamils of Lanka went against us.the SL tricked us and we got unnecessarily entangled in a cnflict that wasn't ours.
but if our GOI supported the SL Tamils whole heartedly then the SL armed forces would have no chance of winning the war against the Tamils.Period!

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Though killing a child is deplorable war crime...but i am amazed at this hypocratic rona -dhona from tamil diaspora and LTTE supporters both inside and outside india and the tamilnadu govt.....Where were these tamil people when Prabhakaran and his organisation was using the child sucide bombers and child soldiers.I didnt hear wven a single protest voice from these people during 1990s till prabhakaran's end.how old was dhanu when she blew herself to kill rajiv gandhi.From pics of her she was just a minor.Where were these tamils who never condemned prabhakaran fo using a minor girl as suicide bomber.

did Tamil diaspora or even people and leaders of tamilnadu did show concern for the child soldiers and the suicide bombers used by LTTE That they are now crying wolf on killing of Prabhakarn's son and shedding crocodile's tears now(though kids death in the manner he met is deplorable.What i'm pointing out is the hypocrisy of tamil diaspora.
If your world can make virtues out of the killing of grown up terrorist sons of Sadam and Gadaffi, why can not Tamils raise a hue and cry for the murder of inocent little son of Parbhakaran ??

You are applying double standards... Oh I forgot, killing even small children in power struggle is a long time and well established tradition amonst your kind of people... Remember how the life of young Akbar was under constant threat !!

vishwaprasad

Country flag
who supported ltte terrorists in Sri Lanka?responsible for killing thousands of innocen
beside sending cheap labour you supported terrorists as well while we exported millions worth arms to Sri Lanka to fight those raw supported as well as trained terrorist in Sri Lanka
lol...I agree that in the starting govt. was pressurized due to Tamil population leaving there and due to internal politics but that was always half heartedly....we even sent our army to help SL. Trust me if India was fully into terrorism business like Pakistan, Saudi Arabia then Srilanka could not have win the war against LITTE to begin with...but since we are not we preferred to stay out of it afterwards....

and BTW compared to what your nation does on daily basis when it comes to terrorism then its nothing...Pakistan is Master of Terrorism and still it is not ready to learn how it costs finally....result???

Ramond Davis,Osama chapters which are enough to put whole nation into shame, your army is killing your own thousands of people on daily basis, your elite SHAHEEN pilots are bombing your own people and then icing on the cake you get from Uncle Sam who sends drones which kills your brave soldiers as a reward for their bravery :)

Last edited:

arya

Country flag
sl was and is our one of the friend nation ,if they remember we gave them our soldiers and one of our pm lost his life because of that.

now they have to do something for Tamil , they need to give some space , they are equal as rest of SL .

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
SL and Tamils need to sit down and discuss... both have been wrong somewhere or other so if they keep fighting pointing at those points both would suffer.

Specially now the pressure is on SL since they need to review the whole situation as they are in the total control.

HeinzGud

Country flag
I was in Lanka at the height of the last campaign. Colombo has many Tamils and none of them said anything against the Sinhalas. Tamils in Colombo are doing very well for themselves. The ones I met at least.

I sympathize with any atrocities that the Tamiks may have faced in Lanka. Nothing beyond. In Baloch, I have my own reasons for sympathizing with them and that's for the dissection of Pak.
Thank you for exposing the truth. This is the current situation in SL. People who lives closer to Colombo and Kandy have a better standard of living than anyone living elsewhere in SL. In Tamil majority north, Tamil politicians use this economic and social imbalance to spread hatred among Tamils to secure there vote bank and appease westerners so they can get free visas to Western countries and get money through NGOs.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag

Are you trying to justify SL War Crimes?
No one is supporting the policies of Prabhakaran here.
And about that 'Rona-Dhona' and that girls issue, that was the retaliation by LTTE against the operations of the IPKF authorized by the Rajiv Gandhi led Government in SL.
And as far children are concerned then not to remind you, how old was Kasab when he was sent to Mumbai ! LTTE is not the only group to use child soldiers or kill its own people, all the terrorist organisations are same, their work is same their moto is same.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Even now Ski Lanka is systematically decimating the Tamils.

A dangerous thing to do.

They will only revive the LTTE!

HeinzGud

Country flag
Even now Ski Lanka is systematically decimating the Tamils.

A dangerous thing to do.

They will only revive the LTTE!
And how do we decimate Tamils Brig. Ray sir?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And how do we decimate Tamils Brig. Ray sir?
ASk the UN and BBC Channel 4.

Further:

Sri Lanka is party to all seven core human rights treaties. It ratified the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (ICERD) in 1982 while in the midst of war against the LTTE. Article 1 of ICERD defines "racial discrimination" as meaning any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin. Yet, the Tamil minority has to struggled to achieve equal opportunities.

Article 2 (a) of ICERD says that each state party must not to sponsor, defend or support racial discrimination by any persons or organizations. But this is also meaningless with the context of Sri Lanka.

Successive governments have continually violated ICERD and the current government has continued the trend. The present government has detained numerous Tamil civilians without filing cause under the Emergency law and Prevention against Terrorism Act even after the removed of emergency law. But the article 5 (a) of ICERD requires "the right to equal treatment before the tribunals and all other organs administering justice."

The same article of refers to "the right to freedom of movement and residence within the border of the State". But the current regime has declared many areas as High Security Zone in north and east part in Sri Lanka where the military fought the LTTE. Since 1990, thousands of people in Myladdy, Palali, Madagal, Sunnagam, Masyappidy, Velvetithurai and Kuranagar - areas that fall within the High Security Zone - have been living as internally diplaced persons.

The zones were created by the government in order to stop attacks by Liberation Tigers LTTE. But the governments has maintained similar zones, despite the defeat of the rebel movement.

Mr.Manoharan, a senior fellow at the Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies, examined the government's strategy during the war:

"Having learnt about the relative success of such 'zones' in Israel, the Sri Lankan government started using the same strategy more extensively against the Tamil militancy since the late 1980s. There are four categories of zones declared from time to time through regulations either under the Public Security Ordinance (PSO) or Prevention of Terrorism Act (PTA): 'prohibited zones,' 'surveillance zones,' 'security zones' and 'high security zones.' While 'surveillance zones' and 'prohibited zones' are marked at sea and the adjoining coasts, the 'security zones' and 'high security zones' are demarcated on land. The 'surveillance' and 'prohibited' zones usually fall around coasts and territorial waters of northeast of Sri Lanka dominated by Tamils and Muslims. The main objective behind enforcing these zones is to prevent the LTTE from getting arms and other supplies through sea from its international network. The most affected due to such enforcements are, however, the fishermen. The 'security' and 'high security' zones are the most controversial."

The war has ended but many Tamils are still living under oppressive conditions in areas that were declared High Security Zones.

- See more at: http://www.minorityvoices.org/news....-continues-after-the-war#sthash.dhNkqgwg.dpuf

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag
ASk the UN and BBC Channel 4.
What asking from BBC, UN and Channel 4? The same people who helped LTTE and tried to carve a nation out of SL? Are you saying that we can trust them? Then why don't India ask from Pakistan to investigate war crimes done by India in Kashmir or anywhere else?

The war has ended but many Tamils are still living under oppressive conditions in areas that were declared High Security Zones.
I asked you about the present condition of Tamils, not about the past.

Also note that High Security Zones are placed around highly important militaristic or political facilities. I think you know about that pretty well. There fore it is indeed a pain living in a such HSZs. We too endured such a hardships when war was at it's height. And I don't think that declaring HSZs are not a issue about oppressing people.

Indeed that war has ended but do you think it justifiable to pack up leave a former war zone as soon as the war ended? Has Indian army taught you like that? (I'm sorry but your comments are so biased that I have to go to some certain extremes. I do not want to hurt your feelings sir.)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What asking from BBC, UN and Channel 4? The same people who helped LTTE and tried to carve a nation out of SL? Are you saying that we can trust them? Then why don't India ask from Pakistan to investigate war crimes done by India in Kashmir or anywhere else?
They helped LTTE?

That's a new one,

There was no war crimes committed in Kashmir?

Which war are you alluding to?

I asked you about the present condition of Tamils, not about the past.

Also note that High Security Zones are placed around highly important militaristic or political facilities. I think you know about that pretty well. There fore it is indeed a pain living in a such HSZs. We too endured such a hardships when war was at it's height. And I don't think that declaring HSZs are not a issue about oppressing people.

Indeed that war has ended but do you think it justifiable to pack up leave a former war zone as soon as the war ended? Has Indian army taught you like that? (I'm sorry but your comments are so biased that I have to go to some certain extremes. I do not want to hurt your feelings sir.)
Indeed, one must quit.

Indian Army taught me that after the Liberation of Bangladesh, we quit and did not hang around as, say, the Iraq situation.

Liberate and quit.

SL: cleared the LTTE and wiped them out (brutally or otherwise - that is for the international community to judge) and they should remove all semblance of treating people of their own country as enemy elements.

HeinzGud

Country flag
They helped LTTE?

That's a new one,
Well you better educate yourself about the whole LTTE thing.

There was no war crimes committed in Kashmir?

Which war are you alluding to?
Sorry not war crimes human right violations.
http://www.hrw.org/sites/default/files/reports/INDIA935.PDF
Human rights abuses in Jammu and Kashmir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indeed, one must quit.

Indian Army taught me that after the Liberation of Bangladesh, we quit and did not hang around as, say, the Iraq situation.

Liberate and quit.
You are comparing apples to oranges. If your army do not hang around after wars then they should quit from Kasmir (specially around kargil area) and let the locals handle the business.

As you see in SL war is over but the scars of the war times has not healed. The SLA in Jaffna do not hang around in their camps or bunkers they usually go out and help people.

SL: cleared the LTTE and wiped them out (brutally or otherwise - that is for the international community to judge) and they should remove all semblance of treating people of their own country as enemy elements.
The people who deserved to treated as such are treated like that. Because their are some LTTE sympathizers living in SL.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Well you better educate yourself about the whole LTTE thing.

Sorry not war crimes human right violations.
http://www.hrw.org/sites/default/files/reports/INDIA935.PDF
Human rights abuses in Jammu and Kashmir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are comparing apples to oranges. If your army do not hang around after wars then they should quit from Kasmir (specially around kargil area) and let the locals handle the business.

As you see in SL war is over but the scars of the war times has not healed. The SLA in Jaffna do not hang around in their camps or bunkers they usually go out and help people.

The people who deserved to treated as such are treated like that. Because their are some LTTE sympathizers living in SL.
With all the humility under my command, I would like to educate you that the Sri Lankan - LTTE issue was a professional input, that encompassed ground realities and not theoretical meanderings of emotional mish mash. My unit was the first to disembark on SL soil in response to the SL Govt's SOS!

Not only is my inputs confined to the Conflict, but also encompassed the causes for the same. I also had to learn of the SL history so that one could take a balanced view.

What most make a mistake is to harbour the idea the military men are only military centric. That is the fallacy. To address any military issue, one has to also understand the history and background when approaching a military mission.

As you are well aware that on many an occasion I have had to educate you about Sri Lankan history especially the ancient part, which you conveniently either overlooked or were unaware of. A case in point is as to who are the real Sri Lankan originals.

While you are gleeful about trotting out Wiki and human rights in Kashmir, you would do well to also indicate how the Indian justice system has punished those guilty of it and proved.

Of course, that would ruin your case and so why should you care to research that?

I don't compare apples and oranges. If I am accused of it, I would prefer the terminology of the original language English - and the term is - chalk and cheese.

However, it is obvious that you are stumped over the example of how India does not harbour imperialistic designs by hanging on in a foreign country once the mission is over. Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives are but such examples. If they hung around, then all these would not be Albatross around the neck, but mere vassalages. But then India cherishes democratic ideals and so they leave.

I presume you are not educated about Kashmir wherein you tort out banal points.

Do spend some time over the subject and do read the UN resolutions.

India is within the legal ambit of the Indian Independence Act of the British Parliament. The Instrument of Accession is a legal and valid document.

Since Pakistan occupies one third, that area is in dispute.

However, magnanimous that our good old Nehru was, he acquiesced to a Plebiscite. The UN has ruled that it will take place when Pakistan removes it military and all Pakistan citizens.

India has no quibble over that.

Let Pakistan do it and then we will know where we stand.

You seem to feel and advocate that India should hand over Kashmir on a platter with a cellophane cover and a ribbon attached. Weird logic.

Are you aware that the as the Kandyan Convention was an agreement in 1815 between the British and the Chiefs of the Kandyan Kingdom, in Sri Lanka show King Sri Vikrama Rajasinha was of Malayali ancestry ?

So, should India demand that SL is a part of India and you hand over SL on a platter with a cellophane cover with a ribbon attached?

Sri Lanka is a religio racist state.

You have systematically not only deprived the Tamils of their rights but also of your own citizens.

Solomon West Ridgeway Dias Bandaranaike was the Prime Minister of Ceylon. He was from a Sinhalese Anglican Christian family and was the son of the powerful Sir Solomon Dias Bandaranike the Maha Mudaliyar.

I might add that the book The Tamils in Early Ceylon By C. Sivaratnam traces some of the Mudaliyars in Ceylon to Thaninayaka Mudaliyar (among other), a rich Saiva Vellala who emigrated to Ceylon from Tondaimandalam

Sri Lankan is such a fundamentalist country that he had to convert to Buddhism in order to join politics.

So racist is Sri Lanka that on the sensitive issue of language, the party originally espoused the use of both Sinhala and Tamil as national languages, but in the mid-1950s it adopted a "Sinhala only" policy

Unlike your country, all religions are equal. That is why we have had Hindus , Muslims, Christians as head of our State, our Govt, our Military and Police and so on.

And you have the temerity to suggest that we hand over Kashmir to Pakistan on religion?

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag
With all the humility under my command, I would like to educate you that the Sri Lankan - LTTE issue was a professional input, that encompassed ground realities and not theoretical meanderings of emotional mish mash. My unit was the first to disembark on SL soil in response to the SL Govt's SOS!

Not only is my inputs confined to the Conflict, but also encompassed the causes for the same. I also had to learn of the SL history so that one could take a balanced view.

What most make a mistake is to harbour the idea the military men are only military centric. That is the fallacy. To address any military issue, one has to also understand the history and background when approaching a military mission.
I did not want to make you feel humiliated and if you felt so I apologize for the inconvenience caused but What I tried to tell you was that your views on SL issue is extremely biased and single sided. Moreover I do not have any doubt about your capacities and I do not think military men are only military centric.

While you are gleeful about trotting out Wiki and human rights in Kashmir, you would do well to also indicate how the Indian justice system has punished those guilty of it and proved.

Of course, that would ruin your case and so why should you care to research that?
Honestly I do not know much about Kasmir issue so I accept the defeat here.

I don't compare apples and oranges. If I am accused of it, I would prefer the terminology of the original language English - and the term is - chalk and cheese.
Thanks for the advice.

However, it is obvious that you are stumped over the example of how India does not harbour imperialistic designs by hanging on in a foreign country once the mission is over. Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives are but such examples. If they hung around, then all these would not be Albatross around the neck, but mere vassalages. But then India cherishes democratic ideals and so they leave.
Well my point was consolidating in a area of it's own territory of a country after a civil war, just like in SL. I do not see any error in that. Maybe you could enlighten me if I'm wrong.

Are you aware that the as the Kandyan Convention was an agreement in 1815 between the British and the Chiefs of the Kandyan Kingdom, in Sri Lanka show King Sri Vikrama Rajasinha was of Malayali ancestry ?
Yes I'm pretty much aware about the Kandyan convention. And Sri Vikrama Rajasinha was not a show king but the rightful owner to the SL throne. And He was a nayak from Madurai but born and raised in Kandy. I do not know whether Nayaks are Malayali or not.

So, should India demand that SL is a part of India and you hand over SL on a platter with a cellophane cover with a ribbon attached?
How can that be when Sri Vikrama Rajasinha sworn to protect the tooth relic and became a Buddhist.

Sri Lanka is a religio racist state.

You have systematically not only deprived the Tamils of their rights but also of your own citizens.
Yes I agree with this. SL is not secular.

Solomon West Ridgeway Dias Bandaranaike was the Prime Minister of Ceylon. He was from a Sinhalese Anglican Christian family and was the son of the powerful Sir Solomon Dias Bandaranike the Maha Mudaliyar.

I might add that the book The Tamils in Early Ceylon By C. Sivaratnam traces some of the Mudaliyars in Ceylon to Thaninayaka Mudaliyar (among other), a rich Saiva Vellala who emigrated to Ceylon from Tondaimandalam
Maybe, Kandyan chieftains didn't take them as their equals until those Mudaliyars became rich and powerful through British connections.

Sri Lankan is such a fundamentalist country that he had to convert to Buddhism in order to join politics.
Yes indeed. SL is a fundamentalist country because it is a Buddhist country and no one can hide it's Buddhist identity.

Unlike your country, all religions are equal. That is why we have had Hindus , Muslims, Christians as head of our State, our Govt, our Military and Police and so on.
Yes that is India and this is SL. SL is not secular and it will stay as it is.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
[TWEET]313847957084594177[/TWEET]

[TWEET]313849117447168000[/TWEET]

[TWEET]313850104169758720[/TWEET]

[TWEET]313853120767733760[/TWEET]

Jagdish

HeinzGud , I agree if army moves into a opearation crushing internal insurgency then there will be Human rights violation be in Indian army or SL army or any other for that matter

Now war has come to an halt in SL , what will be the future of Tamils in Srilanka now?

And understand the issue first , it all started you people supporting Pakistan in 1971 war , even china didn't support Pak directly like u did . That's when u fell into the ire of then PM Indiragandhi & she started funding LTTE movement in SL which inturn killed her Own son in action

See its a circle now we are back to sqaure one , shooting at our fisher men again you are trying to play same bullying stategy with us like u did in 1971 , now u have got both China & Pakistan aboard involving them in port development etc . Im not surprised if LTTE frankanstien raises again

So India & SL has to play safe & handle this in a mature way , there should be no room for sentiments but the Minority tamils who servive has to get what they deserve as SL citizens

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles