India to vote against Sri Lanka in UNHRC

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Even without India vote the resolution will passed for sure, so don't go getting delusions of grandeur. India is voting to save its face , if Indian tamils really having such capability, genocide wouldn't taken place in SL at first place.
Well then india might as well vote against the resolution. Why are the Tamil parties pressing the govt to vote with the resolution ?

Neuro

Tihar Jail
Banned
Well then india might as well vote against the resolution. Why are the Tamil parties pressing the govt to vote with the resolution ?
Simple if India vote favours SL ,what kind of message India sending to Indian tamils? India not in postion to afford another J&K situation in south(wic is more peaceful) that aganist 7 crore is impossible. If TN is burning India can't dominate IOR and many other issues. As democratic parties they did their job well to save Indian union but you people blaming them.

nrupatunga

India needs a strong reason to vote agsinst SL with a broader diplomatic plan on how to tackle the Lankan issue. Voting against the Lankans just because the Tamil parties in India said so is not a good enough reason. A couple of photographs are not fool proof eveidence of the kid being fed and shot.
+1. Our actions should not like "penny wise and pound foolish".

HeinzGud

Country flag
India can vote against or in favor of SL; It doesn't matter because SL internal policies aren't based on India. At least we can now denounce the 13th amendment and bring something new to correct the damage done by the 13th amendment.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Because 30 to 40 thousand Tamils were killed during the Sri-Lankan Civil War till date. Shelling and killing in almost all the non-firing zones and even upon the hospitals and civilian shelters was like as if it was a racial war of chase and kill. The wrath of a common Tamil there cant be explained. Hope these reasons are sufficient.

DivineHeretic

Country flag
It would be extremely disrespectful for us in the east and the north, centre of the country to overlook and ignore the concerns raised by our Southern brothers. In a democracy, the public is king. Decisions must be taken with attention paid to the citizens most likely to be affected by it.
Our people and their concern and welfare comes first. The actions taken by the nation must always be in accordance with this principle. The rest of the world can go do whatever they want, so long as our interests and population are not affected adversely

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Because 30 to 40 thousand Tamils were killed during the Sri-Lankan Civil War till date. Shelling and killing in almost all the non-firing zones and even upon the hospitals and civilian shelters was like as if it was a racial war of chase and kill. The wrath of a common Tamil there cant be explained. Hope these reasons are sufficient.
Not for me. With so much propaganda being thrown around, nobody knows what's the truth. Yes there may have been civilian deaths as it was a civil war with LTTE using women and children noth as combatants as well as human shields. So I really have no reason to trust anyone.

Indian Tamils are emotional and probably not the right reference for me to make any judgement.

I would not mind India voting for the resolution provided it does have some real plan diplomatically. Whether India votes for or against, work will remain to be done one way or the other. Both to secure Tamils as well as Indian interests.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
At least India sends cheap labors in neighboring countries not like Pakistan who is only good at sending terrorists in neighboring countries.....
who supported ltte terrorists in Sri Lanka?responsible for killing thousands of innocent

beside sending cheap labour you supported terrorists as well while we exported millions worth arms to Sri Lanka to fight those raw supported as well as trained terrorist in Sri Lanka

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Not for me. With so much propaganda being thrown around, nobody knows what's the truth. Yes there may have been civilian deaths as it was a civil war with LTTE using women and children noth as combatants as well as human shields. So I really have no reason to trust anyone.

Indian Tamils are emotional and probably not the right reference for me to make any judgement.

I would not mind India voting for the resolution provided it does have some real plan diplomatically. Whether India votes for or against, work will remain to be done one way or the other. Both to secure Tamils as well as Indian interests.
And I wonder what could serve you as the TRUTH. Why dont you just visit the place ask the locals yourself if you are so sceptical about the TRUTH. :(
Its not just the Civil war but the natural feeling of hate inside each and every Sinhali`s heart against the Tamils. Sri Lankan Armed Forces were no different from a common Sri Lankan Sinhali where this community constitutes the majority population of the island, just like the biased Sri Lankan Government.

The problem is not solved yet because the oppression and partiality still prevails. Killing one leader of the rebellion wont end this until the fundamentals are corrected on the island and equal opportunity is there for each and every citizen irrespective of their community. Government shouldnt be biased with any particular group of people just because the President personally hates them. Thats the problem here and it will never end. Never.

And this Farhan guy, if you you want to prove that Pakistan is the best or above India then its ok I admit it but just stop posting crap around here if you dont know what actually happens in Sri Lanka.

Neuro

Tihar Jail
Banned
India can vote against or in favor of SL; It doesn't matter because SL internal policies aren't based on India. At least we can now denounce the 13th amendment and bring something new to correct the damage done by the 13th amendment.
If India vote in favours in SL i would be happy. Last time India shown its real face by brought certain changes in resolution therby it got diluted nothing accomplished. According to the changes UN team should enter after SL govt. permission and they rights to denied permission in addition they should visit those war torn areas with SL guidence and protocol . SL having rights to investigate war crimes aganist tamils (comedy of tis century) and punish them becoz SL is sovereign nation. As result UN team not allowed to enter SL till now.

Experts saying that India brought such changes becoz it having fear that such kind resolution may bring regarding Kashmir and other issues in future.

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
If India vote in favours in SL i would be happy. Last time India shown its real face by brought certain changes in resolution therby it got diluted nothing accomplished. According to the changes UN team should enter after SL govt. permission and they rights to denied permission in addition they should visit those war torn areas with SL guidence and protocol . SL having rights to investigate war crimes aganist tamils (comedy of tis century) and punish them becoz SL is sovereign nation. As result UN team not allowed to enter SL till now.

Experts saying that India brought such changes becoz it having fear that such kind resolution may bring regarding Kashmir and other issues in future.
India will vote in favour of SL because Indian union don't consider u alien tamilnadu nuts as worthy human being. where ever u people leave there is a problem

eg: Srilanka, Malaysia , Karnataka ( cauvery issue) , mumbai ( underworld vardaraja mudaliar)

On top of that ur politicans have sunk the whole UPA-2 , 2G scam etc . Do one thing send ur CM & opposition leader vinjaykanth to SL they both can win against SL army

ur CM will keep SL army with her dance & ur opposition leader will kick all SL army flying in air

Last edited by a moderator:

HeinzGud

Country flag

There is no point of bringing in UN panel to SL cuz they will always say we have done war crimes. UN or US or EU has never appreciated our achievements in post war reconciliations. They always points out to the fact that SLA killed Tamils in the final phase of the war. But they don't have any evidence to support there theories except for some testimonies of former LTTE carders. SLA or SLG cannot take them as reliable evidence.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
wah mere maula ye din b dekhna tha

Pakistani scared and being warned by anyone of Indian origin

kia Zamana a gya

do you have any idea what we think about anyone of Indian origin?
Sane don't care what INSANE thinks of themselves.........Yeah yeah yeah we are this, we are that... you Indians, you don't stand a chance.. see our Airforce see our Army..... errr ain't those 90000 Sherdils belonged to that organisation. But anyway that Sherdil definition is from Madrasha dictionary.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
And I wonder what could serve you as the TRUTH. Why dont you just visit the place ask the locals yourself if you are so sceptical about the TRUTH. :(
Its not just the Civil war but the natural feeling of hate inside each and every Sinhali`s heart against the Tamils. Sri Lankan Armed Forces were no different from a common Sri Lankan Sinhali where this community constitutes the majority population of the island, just like the biased Sri Lankan Government.

The problem is not solved yet because the oppression and partiality still prevails. Killing one leader of the rebellion wont end this until the fundamentals are corrected on the island and equal opportunity is there for each and every citizen irrespective of their community. Government shouldnt be biased with any particular group of people just because the President personally hates them. Thats the problem here and it will never end. Never.

And this Farhan guy, if you you want to prove that Pakistan is the best or above India then its ok I admit it but just stop posting crap around here if you dont know what actually happens in Sri Lanka.
I don't believe you have visited Northern Sri Lanka to have any first hand account of the TRUTH.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Why don't I see you put national interests in front on the Lankan issue? Why do you talk of seceding on that issue?
What is the national interest? Letting Sri lankans kill Tamils (seeing them as Indian settlers) heinously ? That way we will sure uplift and hold national interest up and right by projecting how much we care of Indian tag!

How carelessly srilankan Navy kills our fishermen speaks a volume about how much gains we have made with national interest.

When a foreigner says this, i hate, but how easily they aim shoot and kill our fishermen under Indian flag shows how much they care of us as Indians.

Last time i checked Discovery Channel documentary, i was confronted with one incident (time before LTTE took to prominence) about Sinhalese stopping Tamils elected members from entering into their assembly. Oh yeah creditably of discovery channel, what about many of us not putting our foot there.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
What is the national interest? Letting Sri lankans kill Tamils (seeing them as Indian settlers) heinously ? That way we will sure uplift and hold national interest up and right by projecting how much we care of Indian tag!

How carelessly srilankan Navy kills our fishermen speaks a volume about how much gains we have made with national interest.

When a foreigner says this, i hate, but how easily they aim shoot and kill our fishermen under Indian flag shows how much they care of us as Indians.

Last time i checked Discovery Channel documentary, i was confronted with one incident (time before LTTE took to prominence) about Shihlis stopping Tamils elected members from entering into their assembly. Oh yeah creditably of discovery channel, what about many of us not putting our foot there.

**** OT hence posted in relevant thread as well.
I can't keep repeating myself on this issue. I have said enough in this and many other such threads.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
I don't believe you have visited Northern Sri Lanka to have any first hand account of the TRUTH.
Because after going through most of the related articles and being taught about Sri Lankan politics in school during childhood, I dont find any need for that and neither do I have any objections or doubts on the evidences about the War Crimes occured in SL Civil War.

Anyhow, I`m quite sure you havent visited Balochistan to find out about the condition of people there but you know very well about it, or Abottabad to find the TRUTH whether Osama is really dead or not but you do know that he`s dead, dont you ? Truth lies before us, now its upto us whether we want to see it or put a blindfold on our eyes. Bah, thats pretty disappointing that some of us can see the pain of people of Baloch and Hindus in Pakistan but not the SL Tamils.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Because after going through most of the related articles and being taught about Sri Lankan politics in school during childhood, I dont find any need for that and rather do I have any objections or doubts on the evidences about the War Crimes occured in SL Civil War.

Anyhow, I`m quite sure you havent visited Balochistan to find out whether the condition of people there but you know very well about it, or Abottabad to find the TRUTH whether Osama is really dead or not but you do know that he`s dead, dont you ? Truth lies before us, now its upto us whether we want to see it or put a blindfold on our eyes. Bah, thats pretty disappointing that some of us can see the pain of people of Baloch and Hindus in Pakistan but not the SL Tamils.
I was in Lanka at the height of the last campaign. Colombo has many Tamils and none of them said anything against the Sinhalas. Tamils in Colombo are doing very well for themselves. The ones I met at least.

I sympathize with any atrocities that the Tamiks may have faced in Lanka. Nothing beyond. In Baloch, I have my own reasons for sympathizing with them and that's for the dissection of Pak.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
I was in Lanka at the height of the last campaign. Colombo has many Tamils and none of them said anything against the Sinhalas. Tamils in Colombo are doing very well for themselves. The ones I met at least.

I sympathize with any atrocities that the Tamiks may have faced in Lanka. Nothing beyond. In Baloch, I have my own reasons for sympathizing with them and that's for the dissection of Pak.
Great. Who am I to convince anyone. No problem we all hold our views. :)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles