Votes: 13 20.0%

• Total voters

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
@Oracle,

Then I think we must have 2 home ministers: 1 for NE and 1 for J&K..LOL. :D

Oracle

Tshering, 1 Home Minister is enough to do the job. However, he needs political autonomy. Sadly, our politicians are terrorized by Human Rights organizations too. The path to rise that India is on is great, but I hope our politicians do not lack the foresight while dealing with Kashmir, which is an internal issue. The path to rise to greatness cannot be fully achieved without solving terrorism, both internal and foreign funded.

Last edited:

Oracle

The Snake hiss'eth again!

India should implement J&K troop cut, says Pak

India should demonstrate "seriousness" in implementing its announcements regarding reducing troops in Jammu and Kashmir as a confidence-building measure, Pakistan's Foreign Office Spokesman Abdul Basit said.

He contended that India had repeatedly announced plans to reduce troops in Jammu and Kashmir "but as far as our information is concerned, such announcements were never implemented."

India should seriously try to resolve the Kashmir issue accepting it as a dispute that will have to be resolved through the composite dialogue whenever it gets resumed, he told the media. Basit was reacting to an announcement yesterday by Home Secretary G K Pillai that there will be a 25 per cent cut in troop strength in Jammu and Kashmir as a confidence-building measure.

On bilateral dialogue, he said, after the meeting of the Foreign Secretaries of India and Pakistan in Bhutan next month, both countries will move ahead and Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi will visit India. "We want the dialogue process between the two neighbours should not stop and it should move forward without any break so that long-standing issues can be resolved amicably," he said.

Source

S.A.T.A

Its clear from the statement of Gen V.K Singh and other to commanders that they have been kept in the dark over the govt's proposed move to cut back troops,at least they made no recommendation to the effect,which means the stimuli for this move must be in some extraneous actors.The Pakistani FO statement asking India to make good on the troops cut back is interesting,did the govt decide to make this cut back as part of some not yet announced confidence building measure that it may have agreed upon with the pakistani govt,perhaps govt restarted the back channel diplomacy which was kept in abeyance after the Mumbai attacks.Can we conclude that the govt troop cut back is quid pro quo for Pakistani govt leaning on the Gilani to rein in his violent nearly daily protests.

This is disturbing development to say the least

pmaitra

:becky: :cool:

Chidambaram has done a good job regarding some terror groups in the NE. For e.g DHD(J) a.k.a Black Widow a.k.a Jewel Gorlosa faction & DHD(Nunisa) faction. Jewel is cooling his ass in jail and his outfit was forced to surrender. DHD Nunisa faction is in a cease fire with the GoI for the last 5 years or so. Extortions still continue though, and I do not blame Chidambaram for that. It's the task of the local law enforcement agency. I disagree that Chidambram is incompetent. He does not have the authority to call shots.
Chidambaram is indeed incompetent and fettered by his political compulsions.

Recall Chidambaram writing a letter to Buddhadeb Bhattacharya (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...letter-Buddha-answers/articleshow/7198516.cms) asking him to disarm armed CPI(M) camps in Maoist infested regions. These camps have existed for more than a year now. Wasn't Chidambaram aware? Again, is he not aware of the collusion between Trinamool Congress and the Maoists (http://www.zeenews.com/news680177.html) (http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repo...kin-custom&Path=TOIKM/2011/01/11&ID=Ar00100)?

Maybe in your books he has done a good job, however, all I see in him is dishonesty and prevarication. Expect more as long as TMC is part of the government.

Ask the CRPF jawans on the ground. Do you recall the Shilda attack (http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_women-maoists-play-key-role-in-shilda-attack_1348771)? The Maoists are one of the most feared and lethal insurgents today and CRPF would not have had their recent successes had it not been for the CPI(M) armed groups. That does not change the fact that these groups are unconstitutional. Nonetheless, they receive tacit support from CRPF officers because they are actually helping fight the Maoists (http://www.sify.com/news/crpf-to-st...ut-vijay-kumar-news-national-kktxaogcfgg.html). [Note what CRPF Director General K. Vijay Kumar said in the last link]

My point remains the same. I'd rather trust an Army or CRPF officer than believe in a politician's speech or actions.

Oracle

Chidambaram is indeed incompetent and fettered by his political compulsions.

Recall Chidambaram writing a letter to Buddhadeb Bhattacharya (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...letter-Buddha-answers/articleshow/7198516.cms) asking him to disarm armed CPI(M) camps in Maoist infested regions. These camps have existed for more than a year now. Wasn't Chidambaram aware? Again, is he not aware of the collusion between Trinamool Congress and the Maoists (http://www.zeenews.com/news680177.html) (http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repo...kin-custom&Path=TOIKM/2011/01/11&ID=Ar00100)?

Maybe in your books he has done a good job, however, all I see in him is dishonesty and prevarication. Expect more as long as TMC is part of the government.

Ask the CRPF jawans on the ground. Do you recall the Shilda attack (http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_women-maoists-play-key-role-in-shilda-attack_1348771)? The Maoists are one of the most feared and lethal insurgents today and CRPF would not have had their recent successes had it not been for the CPI(M) armed groups. That does not change the fact that these groups are unconstitutional. Nonetheless, they receive tacit support from CRPF officers because they are actually helping fight the Maoists (http://www.sify.com/news/crpf-to-st...ut-vijay-kumar-news-national-kktxaogcfgg.html). [Note what CRPF Director General K. Vijay Kumar said in the last link]

My point remains the same. I'd rather trust an Army or CRPF officer than believe in a politician's speech or actions.
I am not a Communist fanboy.

Don't take it personally. Your love for communists is not justified in my space of balanced neutral thinking. Until you counter my earlier posts, I am keeping you in my ignore list.

Last edited:

pmaitra

I am not a Communist fanboy.

Don't take it personally. Your love for communists is not justified in my space of balanced neutral thinking. Until you counter my earlier posts, I am keeping you in my ignore list.
One doesn't need to be a communist fanboy to speak the truth and I'd recommend you avoid using that term again unless you are ready for a reciprocal nomenclature. I will not say this again.

Keep supporting Chidambaram. Facts are open in front of your. My comments started with Chidambaram and it ends there. If you cannot counter those, then you might as well hide behind the excuse of keeping me in whatsoever list you have.

EagleOne

Mumbai, Jan 21 (IANS) Defence Minister A.K. Antony Friday said if there was any reduction of security forces in Jammu and Kashmir it would be of paramilitary troopers as there was no proposal from 'people who work on the ground' to reduce military personnel in the troubled state.

'There was some confusion. The announcement that was made was about paramilitary forces,' Antony told reporters onboard INS Deepak, a fleet tanker he commissioned earlier in the day.

He said the defence ministry had received no proposal for reduction in military personnel in the state.

'At the present we don't have any such proposal. People who are working on the ground, they will recommend (such proposals).'

Echoing what army chief General V.K. Singh had said, Antony asserted that the security grid - the Unified Command - in Jammu and Kashmir should take any such decision.

The ground working force, he said, 'in Jammu and Kashmir is the Unified Command. They have not recommended (any reduction),' he said.

Antony said there was no contradiction in this regard between the defence ministry and the home ministry that had earlier this month announced a 25 percent cut in security forces in Jammu and Kashmir.

They were talking about the security forces and not the army, he said.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/no-proposa...onnel-kashmir-antony-20110121-001449-988.html

sandeepdg

were law & order fails military enters
That rule applies more to failed states like Somalia, Afghanistan and near-failed state Pakistan !! The military is always the last resort, and if in every damn conflict we keep involving the armed forces, then one day we would have a raise a parallel army and hand over the country to them and disband the police forces !

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Tshering, 1 Home Minister is enough to do the job. However, he needs political autonomy. Sadly, our politicians are terrorized by Human Rights organizations too. The path to rise that India is on is great, but I hope our politicians do not lack the foresight while dealing with Kashmir, which is an internal issue. The path to rise to greatness cannot be fully achieved without solving terrorism, both internal and foreign funded.
Then we might have to do a China to put restrictions on HR groups because they are a threat to the nation, defending terrorists and acting against the nation's interest. Though I despise communism and its horrific torturing policies, I must admire how smartly the CCP shunted the bigoted Rights groups out to avoid any future trouble.

Come on what is the world going to do if we do that? Declare war on us? Nope. At the maximum, put us on some stupid "watch lists", call us "dictator", "Gandhian gone belligerent" and some stupid phrases like that. I don't think a country of our stature should even bother looking at such fickle matters.

Oracle

Then we might have to do a China to put restrictions on HR groups because they are a threat to the nation, defending terrorists and acting against the nation's interest. Though I despise communism and its horrific torturing policies, I must admire how smartly the CCP shunted the bigoted Rights groups out to avoid any future trouble.

Come on what is the world going to do if we do that? Declare war on us? Nope. At the maximum, put us on some stupid "watch lists", call us "dictator", "Gandhian gone belligerent" and some stupid phrases like that. I don't think a country of our stature should even bother looking at such fickle matters.
Yes, I agree. The Government should think and decide on a time frame. Black out the media for that period. And then make sure, everybody falls in line in tune with the Constitution of India. People who do not, should be asked to leave the country to a country of their choice. ASAT.

sadhartha

I think it will be better for India to pull its half army from Kashmir and let Kashmir people to decide. Moreover India has to let Pakistan get control of Kashmir, otherwise internal security situation of India gradually will fall.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I think it will be better for India to pull its half army from Kashmir and let Kashmir people to decide. Moreover India has to let Pakistan get control of Kashmir, otherwise internal security situation of India gradually will fall.
Where did you pull out this wonderful logic from?. Pakistan itself on the course of self-destruction and not able to hold on to the lands that it alread has (NWFP, FATA), what it will do with Indian Kashmir?.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
S-a-dharth-a!!

You sound more like an english speaking closet (elite) Jihadi from bankrupt failed Islamic state pakistan aka shameless beggeristan, a typical by-product of madrasa education and demented Ideology of delusions....Is it? :)

First tackle rebellion in pakistan occupied Kashmir, get control of KP, Balochistan, Karachi killing fields, Saraiki....lol...then dream of Kashmir!!:D

You could not retain East Pakistan and moreover, the so called (not so) Azad kashmir you hold was gifted to you by Indians after your loss in 1965 war :D

LOL law and order problem in India due to Kashmir thats a new one.....ohhhhh wait this has been the line of beggar, shameless and bankrupt pakistanis for years, which you are towing.....get a life loser!! :D

Last edited:

Oracle

Why are you guys even replying to this troll? He has his PA & ISI agenda in here. Let's hear him for sometime, before he has his ass kicked from here!

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
You sure that's your national flag? :twitch:

Rage

DFI TEAM
I want you to take a look at this quick clip:

And curiously from Barkha Dutt:

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle

Centre may withdraw more forces from Kashmir

The Centre on Tuesday said it was considering the withdrawal of more central paramilitary forces from Jammu and Kashmir as the situation in the valley was improving.
Minister of State for Home Gurudas Kamat said while 10 battalions of CPMF were withdrawn from Kashmir during 2009, further withdrawals were being considered and examined as the situation in the valley was improving.

The state police is also acquiring better capabilities and higher number of personnel as a result of the capacity building efforts, he told Lok Sabha in a written reply.

Kamat said deployment of CPMF in Kashmir valley is a subject of continuous appraisal and review. The force levels are maintained in order to meet the requirements of the state government for maintaining law and order.

"It has been the endeavor of the government to reduce CPMF deployment in a graded manner, thereby entrusting more and more responsibility on the state force for the maintenance of law and order," he said.

The minister said all adjustments in the strength of CPMF in Jammu and Kashmir are made after careful consideration of all factors, view points and the ground situation.

"Force levels in Kashmir valley are maintained in close consultation with the state government," he said.

Source

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Army is not being pulled out.

It is the paramilitary from policing duty.

Typical media laziness of calling paramilitary as 'troops' or 'soldiers'.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles