India to learn Mandarin from Taiwan - China Watching

A.V.

India asks Taiwan for 10,000 Mandarin teachers
2011/05/09 20:41:25

Taipei, May 9 (CNA) India has asked Taiwan for 10,000 Mandarin teachers who could travel to the South Asian country to teach the language, Education Minister Wu Ching-ji said Monday.

India has recently decided to allow its high schools to offer classes in second languages, including Chinese, and has expressed the hope that Taiwan could help it find teachers of the language.

- CNA ENGLISH NEWS

Bot

Non stop posting
Banned
India has recently decided to allow its high schools to offer classes in second languages, including Chinese
That will create more confusion in my opinion.

Let foreign language be included in the higher studies and schools/institutes of foreign office.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
When i hear words like Mandarin,Cantonese,Schezwan,Manchurian i get very hungry!

Its actually a good move, we should annoy the Chinese once in a while! Asking 10,000 Chinese teachers is no where near offense as selling 50 fighter jets!! They try to kill us and we learn to speak their Language? :D

We should take up the cause of the Taiwanese people to destroy the arrogant Communists and reestablish the Democratic Government of Taiwan back to Beijing.

indiandude123

hahahah good move from India well i wanna wait and see the dragons reaction . Since i had seen in various blogs Chinese are boasting as is though they are the only one who can teach mandarin to the rest of the world .we can also send some of our teachers for training to Taiwan.

mayfair

Plus Taiwan uses Traditional while mainland uses the Simplified script. Maybe it's to understand the Chinese culture ?
Doesn't really matter. Those who take up Mandarin in schools are unlikely to be overly affected by these differences at this level. Once you understand traditional characters, simplified ones can be understood over a period of time. Those who wish to go for in depth analysis can do so in advanced courses offered at the University level.

kickok1975

Welcome to learn Chinese, regardless of traditional or simplified, mainland or Taiwan teacher. India needs more people who can read and speak Mandarin. Taiwan needs more teachers who are qualified to teach Mandarin instead of that hard to understand Taiwan local dialect.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Taiwan has a strong Southern/Cantonese mix into the Mandarin they speak. If they wanted to learn Mandarin with Simplified script, and for some reason they didn't want teachers from PRC, they should have at least looked in places like Singapore and Malaysia (which have large migrant populations from mainland).

Then again, I think 10,000 teachers would have been a tough ask from Singapore.

debasree

Country flag
are we investing to built the future agents to monitor chineese activity,the sudden move create suspission. but anyway it is agood move.

Yan Luo Wang

We should take up the cause of the Taiwanese people to destroy the arrogant Communists and reestablish the Democratic Government of Taiwan back to Beijing.
Good luck to you sir...

Plus Taiwan uses Traditional while mainland uses the Simplified script. Maybe it's to understand the Chinese culture ?
If you learn one, you will be able to understand the other without too much extra work.

As a bonus, you'll be able to read some Japanese as well, since they also use Han characters in their language.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles