India to Join International Space Station

sanjay

India has been invited to join the International Space Station:

Well, some say that the ISS is just a costly white elephant which has sucked valuable money away from many other useful space projects, and meanwhile India has only been invited to join in the latter days of it - who knows how much longer it will last?

I notice that China isn't joining the ISS, preferring to go it alone with its own project.

I dunno - I feel like I'm losing confidence in ISRO these days. They seem to mainly want to make PR announcements, rather than focusing on achievements, no matter how humble. I think it's better for ISRO to stay focused on actual accomplishments, no matter how small, rather than always trying trumpet some 'elite status' of this or that nature. It makes them look status-conscious, rather than goal-oriented.

Last edited by a moderator:

satish007

Chinese was alway rejected to joined ISS, but recently, may be the project need money, they invited Chinese! but Chinese have lost interest. ISS just want money , will not share.
Chinese have had it's manned spaceship and Indian's space technique is also outstanding.
May be they can work together, Chinese is good for copy, Indian English is good and good for planing,designing.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Chinese was alway rejected to joined ISS, but recently, may be the project need money, they invited Chinese! but Chinese have lost interest. ISS just want money , will not share.
Chinese have had it's manned spaceship and Indian's space technique is also outstanding.
May be they can work together, Chinese is good for copy, Indian English is good and good for planing,designing.
ISRO knows how to extract benefit properly and are perhaps the only government strategic agency that I really respect for their work ethic and relatively much faster rate of work. If ISS wants money, they would get it as a participant is India, but ISRO would make sure that the benefits of ISS are reaching India.

sanjay

I think that ISRO is in a setback period right now, in the wake of the GSLV failure, and even the 2G scandal.

They have no big mouth-watering accomplishments to announce to everyone, so they are trying to dig up things to announce.
"Vee haf been envyeted to parrteesheepayte een Eye-Essh-Essh. Vee arr eeleet onlee"

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles