India to introduce Chinese high speed train

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
:tsk: Indian "authorities" have not placed order for Chinese junks! It is the private sector. Mainly Reliance power who were struggling to get loans from Indian bank due to the banks fear of NPA. Chinese were the only ones willing to take the risk of funding them and so obviously they bought the power plants from the Chinese. When will some of our Chinese members realise that unlike as in China, not everything is decided by the "authorities" in other countries!
Agreed, they are just enthused, I like this word, enthused.
very profound, they hand out lure to Japanese, French, German and China, equally enthused, then they get some cash kicking in their swiss bank,
very enthused indeed. China is a cumbersome player in the world market, it shows no tactic to export wherever and whenever it can, and it is always ready to
pay for some site seeing for visiting future customers.....

sigh, please, order it from Japan. I want see how they end up in India, but they are too smart....

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
:tsk: Indian "authorities" have not placed order for Chinese junks! It is the private sector. Mainly Reliance power who were struggling to get loans from Indian bank due to the banks fear of NPA. Chinese were the only ones willing to take the risk of funding them and so obviously they bought the power plants from the Chinese. When will some of our Chinese members realise that unlike as in China, not everything is decided by the "authorities" in other countries!
but the way if a democracy cannot even set up a functional authority, it is called an anarchy.

pmaitra

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If people make one penny every time they quote the locomotives China exported to Pakistan, I believe you would have already made a fortune.

As it has been made clear by so many Indian posters that Chinese trains are junks, then why the Indian authority got interested in Chinese junks, they must be fools.

Whoever voted in these fools were not that smart.

Sent from Huawei Ascend T8830
When one finds a deficit in facts to counter, one resorts to inanity and juvenile comments.

Sadly, it is a confused mind which feels India is buying high speed trains from China.

At least Indians can decide who will be their leaders.

China's leaders decide how the Chinese will dance to the tune set by their foisted leadership!

What a huge contrast.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Pmaitra,

sorry, I saw your post after I had posted.

mikhail

Country flag
Hahaha! Copies of what exactly dear fellow? If they were "cheap copies" would your government consider buyiing them? And after all these years of you making fun of China's HSR network, it seems your country wants a piece of this our action:thumb:

India had a bad experience with poor maintenance of equipment resulting in large scale power outages. The largest cities in China use the same equipment, yet I don't remember province-wide black-outs in China, do you?
you guys have a history of manufacturing hiccups!most of the chini goods and equipment are cheap as well ass junk.your supah dupah power plants have caused a lot of problem to our Govt.!and cut the cr*p mate,even pakis are now complaining about your cheap,junk locomotives!:rofl:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
As Pmaitra has indicated that this thread is on railways.

It is well known the fate of the Pakistanis and so it is not surprising if people are quite wary of the Chinese locos.

Of course, maintenance plays a part and the Indian Railways are known and acknowledged for their maintenance and indigenous production of locos.

High Speed railway will come to India in due course, but it would be better if one designs it along the German Intercity (Deutsche Bundesbahn) and the "ICE-Sprinter" or the Japanese.

The Wider versions were ordered by China for the Beijing-Tianjin high-speed rail link.

Siemens Velaro is a family of high-speed EMU trains used in Germany, Spain, China and Russia. The Velaro is based on the ICE 3M/F high-speed trains manufactured by Siemens for Deutsche Bahn.

Thus, it would be better to buy the original than the copies.

Last edited:

mikhail

Country flag
Suuuuuuure... Whatever you say... Nice to see you taking this news like a chump *cough* champ....

I don't think its safe for India to get HSR anyway. You cant maintain basic power plants let alone safely maintain basic rail, with hundreds of accidents already on book, I shudder to think what HSR would bring to that mix.
look a chini is advising us on infrastructure!first go and improve the infra of your whole country(not just shanghai and beijing) and then come and advise us on infra and maintainence!:taunt:

nimo_cn

Country flag
When one finds a deficit in facts to counter, one resorts to inanity and juvenile comments.

Sadly, it is a confused mind which feels India is buying high speed trains from China.

At least Indians can decide who will be their leaders.

China's leaders decide how the Chinese will dance to the tune set by their foisted leadership!

What a huge contrast.
When one can't find enough facts to back up his claims, one parrots the same story one thousand times as if that story happened one thousand times.

One doesn't have to quote the story of Pakistanis discarding Chinese locomotives and opting for Indian locomotives to find out who make the better locomotives. The way Indian trains are killing their passengers each year speaks volumn of their quality.

An Indian report said India might considering introduction of Chinese HSR, not me, I am not the confused mind. The last thing I want to see is that Chinese HSR trains become killing machines in the hands of Indians, but then get blamed for the failures which in fact are caused by poor management work of Indians.

Fool people vote in fool leaders, smart people get smart leaders without a vote, that indeed is a huge contrast.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
When one can't find enough facts to back up his claims, one parrots the same story one thousand times as if that story happened one thousand times.

One doesn't have to quote the story of Pakistanis discarding Chinese locomotives and opting for Indian locomotives to find out who make the better locomotives. The way Indian trains are killing their passengers each year speaks volumn of their quality.
The same old story is the litmus test.

If it were a western country rejecting or reported in the western media, then it could be passed off by the worthies of China as propaganda or China bashing.

But when the closest friend and ally like Pakistan rejects and raises a howl, it is taken to be the real McCoy.

And it becomes worse when Pakistan takes locos from their 'enemy' in disgust for the junk palmed off by a 'trusted' friend and ally whose friendship they claim is higher than the highest mountain and deepest than the deepest ocean!

Now that sure is NEWS and it also tells of the junk that is manufactured in China.

There could not have been a better testimonial for the junk!

That is why it is told time and again to debunk the mirage and untruths passed off by the Chinese worthies.

An Indian report said India might considering introduction of Chinese HSR, not me, I am not the confused mind. The last thing I want to see is that Chinese HSR trains become killing machines in the hands of Indians, but then get blamed for the failures which in fact are caused by poor management work of Indians.

Fool people vote in fool leaders, smart people get smart leaders without a vote, that indeed is a huge contrast.
Might is a big gap of intent.

If junk Chinese stuff is bought, even the best of maintenance will not help. So, rest your little head in peace. Ask the Pakistanis how you all tried to weasel out of the junk you gave them!

Eunuchs in the Sultan's harem living in relative comfort also found it admirable compared to the free people outside on whose money the Sultan, his wives and concubines and the Eunuchs lived.

This might help you to understand the agony of your gilded cage.

http://factsanddetails.com/china.php?itemid=1109&catid=9&subcatid=63#07

Fools are the one who are in enslaved conditions, not the free people.

Like animals in a zoo compared to those in their natural habitat!

Enjoy your zoo and the comforts of the routine feeding time!

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Really pissed with IR. now forced to miss a family function. No trains, no buses. All full.

Consider a mumbai bangalore route. Currently only 3 trains per day on this route. And literay hundreds of buses. Still I could not get a ticket for tomorrow.

A High speed link with 4 train sets on this route with an avg speed of 300 kmph for a total distance of 1000kms means a tea el time of about 3-3.5 hours. Having two trains each on the line means we can have one train leaving every 1.5 hours.

A High speed train like bullet has passenger capacity if 1300. A normal SL class on IR has 72 passengers in each coach. Max of 20 coaches means 1500 passengers. Only three trains operate per day means on 4500 passengers per day.

A HSR carrying 1300 passengers every 1.5 hours running from 4am to 1am will carry over 18,000 passengers part day on a single way. This can be increased by introducing more trains. No mad rush at counters, no complains about server crash. Buy the ticket on the day you want to leave.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Really pissed with IR. now forced to miss a family function. No trains, no buses. All full.

Consider a mumbai bangalore route. Currently only 3 trains per day on this route. And literay hundreds of buses. Still I could not get a ticket for tomorrow.

A High speed link with 4 train sets on this route with an avg speed of 300 kmph for a total distance of 1000kms means a tea el time of about 3-3.5 hours. Having two trains each on the line means we can have one train leaving every 1.5 hours.

A High speed train like bullet has passenger capacity if 1300. A normal SL class on IR has 72 passengers in each coach. Max of 20 coaches means 1500 passengers. Only three trains operate per day means on 4500 passengers per day.

A HSR carrying 1300 passengers every 1.5 hours running from 4am to 1am will carry over 18,000 passengers part day on a single way. This can be increased by introducing more trains. No mad rush at counters, no complains about server crash. Buy the ticket on the day you want to leave.
I am glad to see your bile flowing since you missed the family function due to the erratic website.

HSR is of course good.

But the guaranteeing that you will arrive is what is important.

So, yes, it should be done.

But with the technical knowhow and equipment of the original real McCoy and not that of the fly by night operators!

That is the issue and not whether one requires or not HSR.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
On the Bangslore Chennai route, there are 6 trains per day may be 7. Open IRCTC and check availability. Usually not available. Distance is 325 kms IIRC. About 1 hour by HSR. With 4 train sets minimum, we can have a train dealering every half an hour carrying 1300 passengers. About 54,000 passengers can be transported per day by just 2 trains on single journey. Similar distance in Taiwan from Kaohsiung to Taipei cost NT1400 IIRC approx 2k.

A flight ticket to chennai costs 4.5k and add 700 for a taxi ride to the airport which is 40 kms and 2 hours of travel time to just the airport.

Yes @2k it is 4 times the fare of normal train, but I think a lot of people will pay up and use the efficient service. Costs can be brought down with large scale use and capacity utilization

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
On the Bangslore Chennai route, there are 6 trains per day may be 7. Open IRCTC and check availability. Usually not available. Distance is 325 kms IIRC. About 1 hour by HSR. With 4 train sets minimum, we can have a train dealering every half an hour carrying 1300 passengers. About 54,000 passengers can be transported per day by just 2 trains on single journey. Similar distance in Taiwan from Kaohsiung to Taipei cost NT1400 IIRC approx 2k.

A flight ticket to chennai costs 4.5k and add 700 for a taxi ride to the airport which is 40 kms and 2 hours of travel time to just the airport.

Yes @2k it is 4 times the fare of normal train, but I think a lot of people will pay up and use the efficient service. Costs can be brought down with large scale use and capacity utilization
Everyone is not a business man with loads of money and time to compare the economics.

Try the Satabdi.

They are fast, though not that fast!

It was designed for commuters in a hurry and includes meals.

The Chinese are all busy running after money so don't compare Chinese with the Indian mindset.

How many middle income people are flying by air on their own cash these days?

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Everyone is not a business man with loads of money and time to compare the economics.

Try the Satabdi.

They are fast, though not that fast!

It was designed for commuters in a hurry and includes meals.

The Chinese are all busy running after money so don't compare Chinese with the Indian mindset.

How many middle income people are flying by air on their own cash these days?
Try IRCTC and let me know if ticket for tomorrow or day after is available.

HSR will kill air travel over short distance. Millions still travel by air and it is very expensive.

Indigo will not fly Bangalore Chennai route if it didn't make money. @4.5 K it's bloody expensive for a half an hour flight. HSR can be half the price with same or lesser travel time overall. Price can come down if ridership is really very very high.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Try IRCTC and let me know if ticket for tomorrow or day after is available.

HSR will kill air travel over short distance. Millions still travel by air and it is very expensive.

Indigo will not fly Bangalore Chennai route if it didn't make money. @4.5 K it's bloody expensive for a half an hour flight. HSR can be half the price with same or lesser travel time overall. Price can come down if ridership is really very very high.

I plan my trips and it works.

I regret that it is a failure for those who have to make trips at short notice. I feel such an inconvenience is just not acceptable.

HSR is indeed a great thing if it happens.

But with NREGA, Food Security etc where is the money for HSR, BPL, direct cash subsidy, where is the money?

Even the Highway project has become a trickle!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I plan my trips and it works.

I regret that it is a failure for those who have to make trips at short notice. I feel such an inconvenience is just not acceptable.

HSR is indeed a great thing if it happens.

But with NREGA, Food Security etc where is the money for HSR, BPL, direct cash subsidy, where is the money?

Even the Highway project has become a trickle!
Private consortiums.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The rugged central mountainous terrain of Taiwan Island has restrained its population and socio-economical growth that make the economic activities developed mostly along the plains of the West Coast areas. For years, the increasing demands for North-South intercity transportation had attracted much attention from the Government to work out the best solution. An efficient high speed and mass transportation system is therefore greatly needed to meet the anticipated demand in the intercity and regional daily commuting and business trips. The idea of linking the north with the south by a high-speed rail service was first thought of as early as in the seventies. After many years of strategic and route analyses, the HSR alignment and station locations were finally determined in 1992 by the Executive Yuan.

The Taiwan North-South High Speed Rail Project was initially planned to build as a public sector project, bearing the full responsibilities of the government Due to the increased public fiscal burdens, the Legislative Yuan withdrew the budget allocated to the HSR Project and later Government decided to have the HSR Project built by a private sector venture with a Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model. The Encouragement Statute stating the required rules and policies for the project was passed in December 1994. A tender invitation for Private Participation in construction and operation of Taiwan North-South High Speed Rail Project was thus made by the Government on October 29, 1996. With a construction value of US$ 18 billion, the HSR Project is undoubtedly the largest privately managed and funded BOT Project in the world at the time and perhaps even today.

Taiwan High Speed Rail Consortium was formed in November 1996 to bid for the HSR BOT Project and was selected the Best Applicant in September 1997. Taiwan High Speed Rail Corporation (THSRC) was incorporated in May 1998 as the Concessionaire to build and operate the HSR service. In July 23, 1998, the agreements were signed between MOTC (representing the ROC Government) and the THSRC, which have granted THSRC a concession to finance, construct, and operate the High Speed Rail System for a period of 35 years and a concession for HSR station area development for a period of 50 years. The HSR will link Taipei to Kaohsiung at a total length of 345km with 90 minutes traveling time. During the first stage of the operation, eight stations of the high speed rail will be operated, namely, Taipei, Banqiao, Taoyuan, Hsinchu, Taichung, Chiayi, Tainan, and Kaohsiung (Zuoying), and by 2010, four more stations will be open, i.e., Nangang, Miaoli, Changhua and Yunlin.

The "9/21" earthquake in 1999 had resulted in releasing the contracts of the civil works due to the concerns of the design and construction methods. In March 2000, the first contract of the civil works was awarded and began its construction in August of the same year. With the great employment opportunities generated from the civil construction works, station and depot developments, trackworks and E&M core system, THSRC do bring the significant benefits directly and indirectly to the local economy and also caused the enhancement in the quality and technology of project management.

The Roll-Out Ceremony for the Taiwan High Speed Rail 700T trainsets took place in January 2004 at Kobe, Japan. It was the first time that the Shinkansen was exported its system to the foreign country. A test run was jointly held by the Taiwan Shinkansen Corporation and THSRC at HSR Tainan Station in January 2005, it was heralding the coming age of the high speed rail service with the vision of enabling people of Taiwan to live in an "one-day peripheral circle".

By looking back at the history of the transportation developments in Taiwan, we realized that building any form of transportation system, regardless it is a harbor, railway or highway; which always have the immediate and long-term impacts on its regional development, an efficient and safe transportation would definitely change the habit, attitude and lifestyle of the society.

It is without saying that the benefits brought by the Taiwan High Speed Rail are a fast and convenient way of the trans-island travel linking north to south of Taiwan, and it also brings people together leading to an prosperous and fulfilled life.
Taiwan High Speed Rail Corporation

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles