India to have one more satellite launch site

plugwater

I hope its next to the ocean so that after launch it can fall off in the ocean on not on my head!

The reason they choose kerala is off no scientific use, its only because of internal politics both the directors are from Kerala, they want their state to benefit. They even moved some critical labs like the RLV testing to Kerala. I am not against it going to kerala but i hope they get enough man-power there to hire. Kerala does not rank well in Scientifc circles.
If they announce any recruitment there wont be any quota for kerala students. Anyone in India can apply for it. So ISRO can keep their labs anywhere in India. My wish is if it comes close to Nagercoil means i can watch rocket launches very easily :)

Param

I hope its next to the ocean so that after launch it can fall off in the ocean on not on my head!

The reason they choose kerala is off no scientific use, its only because of internal politics both the directors are from Kerala, they want their state to benefit. They even moved some critical labs like the RLV testing to Kerala. I am not against it going to kerala but i hope they get enough man-power there to hire. Kerala does not rank well in Scientifc circles.
Too bad these days we do not have any Tamilians in prominent positions in the Bureaucracy or such Scientific Institutions and Organisations.

pmaitra

Too bad these days we do not have any Tamilians in prominent positions in the Bureaucracy or such Scientific Institutions and Organisations.
There was a joke that IIT-Madras is actually an Iyer-Iyengar Institute of Technology. I have seen how people got friends and relatives to get into IBM-Kolkata over more deserving candidates. Then we have this 'Martial Race Theory' often used to recruit soldiers along with caste or ethnicity based nomenclature of regiments. Then there is the claim in the other thread about the comments in Reditt about Indian Navy, where it is alleged people of certain castes are hired for officers' posts in the Indian Navy.

Nepotism is rife all over India, from Kashmir to Kanyakumari. It is a fact.

JAISWAL

here is an confermation by Gov.
PMO lets ISRO have a new launch site
The instruction came at a special review of the S&
T sector by PMO on Friday last, the first under
UPA-II.
While a feasibility study for setting up a new
launch pad at Satish Dhawan Space Centre in
Sriharikota is underway, it would come into use
only if ISRO receives approval for its ambitious
manned space flight, a key element of the space
agency's plans. ISRO is facing a shortage of
transponders due to DTH (direct to home) and
communication requirements, though the gap
was likely to be met within two years, sources
said. Aiming at attracting private capital in a big
way in the science and technology sector, the
PMO asked scientific departments to prepare a
road map on how to double private sector
funding in research in the next five years, by
October end.
Increased private participation in R&D is going to
be the core of government strategy to push R&D
forward. Contrary to science and technology
scenario in other countries, investment in R&D in
India is highly skewed with public sector funding
crossing 80 per cent. In advanced economies,
private players play a major role.
...................please visit above link for full article

pmaitra

It goes down on Bay of bengal when launched from Sriharikota its due to rotation of earth i think. So i assumed it goes down in TN or SL.
The Earth rotates eastward. Therefore, if the rocket goes straight up, in five minutes, the Arabian Sea would be under it. However, it depends upon what kind of orbit the satellite is meant to be in. If it is geosynchronous, then I guess the trajectory will chase the Earth and so yes, it will fall in the Bay of Bengal.

Last edited:

Adux

Country flag
I do not care if it falls over civilian areas in Singhala Lanka. As far as liabilities are concerned there is not much a tiny Island nation can do about except make noises.
This can also be of "Strategic" use since we will not be able to use the Tamil card in SL after a few years when the demographic profile is altered.
We are having an infestation of dumb inhuman retards over here? Dont like Sri Lanka, Fight a damn war with them. Dont be a Terrorist. ISRO, if they do what you say, then it will be a international known Terrorist Organization and automatically India. Wow, you want people to talk about Al-Qaeda, Pakistan, ISRO and India in the same breath. Why arent you banned?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Why add more launch pads in the same center? They are having issues with the seasonal effects delaying the launch.

By the way what's the turn around time for a launch pad? It's not like they are launching a rocket every month.

Param

We are having an infestation of dumb inhuman retards over here? Dont like Sri Lanka, Fight a damn war with them. Dont be a Terrorist. ISRO, if they do what you say, then it will be a international known Terrorist Organization and automatically India. Wow, you want people to talk about Al-Qaeda, Pakistan, ISRO and India in the same breath. Why arent you banned?
Because the mods here who are intelligent and unbiased enough have bigger brains than some Retarded Jingo who often behaves like the spokesperson of the Organisations ranging from Army to ISRO.

And I do see a retard here with his very own picture as Avatar.

plugwater

The Earth rotates eastward. Therefore, if the rocket goes straight up, in five minutes, the Arabian Sea would be under it. However, it depends upon what kind of orbit the satellite is meant to be in. If it is geosynchronous, then I guess the trajectory will chase the Earth and so yes, it will fall in the Bay of Bengal.
Actually east coast is selected because the rocket can use earth's spin as a boost. A rocket from west coast must have to go against the spin so more fuel and more powerful rocket is needed.

pmaitra

Actually east coast is selected because the rocket can use earth's spin as a boost. A rocket from west coast must have to go against the spin so more fuel and more powerful rocket is needed.
Amazing comment. Thank you very much. Yes you are right, the east coast offers that advantage over the west coast. :)

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I hope this is an legitimate answer because i dont see how the spin effects once the rocket is launched!

Adux

Country flag
Because the mods here who are intelligent and unbiased enough have bigger brains than some Retarded Jingo who often behaves like the spokesperson of the Organisations ranging from Army to ISRO.

And I do see a retard here with his very own picture as Avatar.
You mean the mods over here dont see a genocidal maniac, who is ok with civilians and innocents being killed by falling rocket parts or otherwise. If I am as good as the man in my avatar, i am more than happy with my life. Atleast I dont wish deaths of civilians who we have no beef with, through ISRO! Seriously! You are lucky that this forum takes this kind of crap.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
well done isro - congrats on justifying another launch site based on international demand !

A.V.

Let this be known to all members that genocide is not advocated by the forum in anyway , so if anybody is advocating the same must explain clearly in the post what the user exactly wanted to point out.

Also please report posts using the report button to attract moderator attentions , rather than personal comments.

thanks.

agentperry

a very good step indeed. but it should be done swiftly and efficiently

Global Defence

New threads

Articles