India to give US$700mn swap to Sri Lanka until IMF deal. In addition to the existing USD 11 billion

k murali

India to give US$700mn swap to Sri Lanka until IMF deal. In addition to the existing USD 1.1 billion.
http://www.economynext.com/India_to_give_US$700mn_swap_to_Sri_Lanka-3-4465-1.html

At the very same time Lankan navy is shooting and beating up Tamil Nadu fishermen, India does not protect these fishermen and does not even pay their medical bills.We now know who is friend with who/ Why is Tamil Nadu paying taxes to India if that money is handed over to our fishermen killers?> Think Act.

India does not have money for flood control projects in Chennai but has a total of 1.8 billion dollars tio give to give to Lanka

Last edited:

praneet.bajpaie

@k murali, Mr Murali, you are twisting facts around for your own personal nefarious agenda. Please don't shoot off at the mouth for no reason.

garg_bharat

Country flag
It is a swap. A swap means giving x in exchange of y.

It is similar to an overdraft against Indian goods. So Sri Lanka has to buy Indian goods like vehicles etc.

It is not a transfer as Murali thinks.

garg_bharat

Country flag
India has swap arrangements with many countries. Basically it avoids settlement in dollars.

k murali

It helps Lanka. At the very same time Lanka is shooting at Tamil Nadu fishermen with no protection or even protest from India. Why are you helping a country who shoot at Tamil Nadu fishermen?

That is my anger. Tamil blood matters to me where ever they live where ever I live.

desicanuk

It helps Lanka. At the very same time Lanka is shooting at Tamil Nadu fishermen with no protection or even protest from India. Why are you helping a country who shoot at Tamil Nadu fishermen?

That is my anger. Tamil blood matters to me where ever they live where ever I live.
Sounds reasonable to me.India should stand up for and protect her citizens.

garg_bharat

Country flag
There are two things, one is diplomacy, and second is military action.

I am sure gov is taking action, through diplomatic channels.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles