India thump China 9-0 to go top of the table in Asian Champions Trophy

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
India thump China 9-0 to go top of the table in Asian Champions Trophy
India continued their dominant showing at the Asian Champions Trophy with another resounding performance over China.
By: Express Web Desk |Updated: October 25, 2016 8:35 PM
Rupinder Pal Singh extended his goal scoring run in the tournament and took his tally to eight goals.
India continued their dominant run in the Asian Champions Trophy (ACT) 2016 when the 2011 champions annihilated China by 9-0 in their fourth game of the round robin stage. The win took India to top of the table with 10 points from four games with Malaysia right behind on 9 points from three games. In the last game, India beat arch-rivals Pakistan 3-2 after scoring two goals in two minutes and it looked like India picked up from there.
China’s miserable run in the tournament thus continued and handed them their third loss from four games with the solitary win coming against Japan by a 2-1 margin.
India had scored big against Japan as well in the opening game of the tournament with a 10-2 margin thanks to multiple strikes by Rupinder Pal Singh from the penalty corner.
On Tuesday, Rupinder continued his prowess from PC’s and scored in the first half to take his tournament tally to eight goals.
Akashdeep Singh, Affan Yousuf, Jasjit Singh Kular all scored two goals apiece for India and the remaining goal came from Nikkin Thimmiah.
At the break India led 4-0 and could have been a bigger margin but for Rupinder’s penalty corner conversion being disallowed on review by China.
FULL TIME: India win 9-0 and go top of the table momentarily. Malaysia – having played one game less – could overtake them.
India had to dig deep into their reserves to eke out a 3-2 victory over arch-rivals and defending champions Pakistan in a preliminary league match of the fourth Asian Champions Trophy hockey in Malaysia on Sunday.
India exhibited their composed defence when under pressure from early Pakistan raids and worked hard to gain control of the showpiece encounter of the tournament at the Kuantan Hockey Stadium.
Young striker Pradeep Mor scored his maiden goal in 13 international appearances to give India the lead in the 11th minute, but Pakistan then took charge through strikes from Muhammad Rizwan Sr. in the 31st minute and Muhammad Irfan Jr. in the 39th.
Rupinder Pal Singh converted India’s only penalty corner in the 43rd minute and Ramandeep Singh came into goal-scoring action the following minute by deflecting in a diagonal cross from Talwinder Singh.
This victory gives India seven points from three outings. India had outplayed Japan 10-2 in their first outing, but were held to a 1-1 draw by South Korea on Saturday. Starting as two-time defending champions, Pakistan suffered a 2-4 loss to hosts Malaysia and then prevailed 1-0 over South Korea in their previous matches of the six-nation league.

Top four team from the round-robin competition will advance to the semifinals.
Pakistan forced the first penalty corner in the opening minute when an Indian defender carried the ball in the circle, but goalkeeper PR Sreejesh blocked two shots to ward off danger.Sreejesh first padded the drag-flick from Muhammad Aleem Bilal and then dived to his right to clear the rebound attempt. Pakistan spelt danger again in the fourth minute when their strikers worked in unison to create space deep in the Indian territory and a cross from the right rebounded to unmarked Muhammad Rizwan Jr. on top of the circle. But he sent a wayward shot wide of the left post. The Indian players did some hard work and got to the top of the rival scoring zone on a couple of occasions, but the resolute defence denied them a crack at the goal. Talwinder Singh had the first Indian shy at the goal in the 11th minute when he picked up a pass from the right on top of the circle and created some space as he turned for the reverse hit, but the shot soared high over the cross-piece. India took the lead against the run of play in the 22nd minute when Pradeep Mor on the right flank latched on to the ball that had deflected off a Pakistani defender. Mor darted into the circle and sent in a firm shot from a very narrow angle that beat goalkeeper Imran Butt to land on target. This was the first goal for the 24-year-old Mor, who was playing in his 13th international and was one of the reserves for the Olympic Games. Stung by the reverse, Pakistan came back strongly to mount a raid into the Indian circle, but the defender held their ground and denied them a good look at the citadel in the 25th minute. The next minute saw an Indian counter-attack with SK Uthappa trying to run on the empty space on the left flank, but was obstructed by Ahmad Shakeel Butt, who was sent off for the deliberate foul. Continuing to look for the equaliser, Pakistan were rewarded in the first minute after half-time as the Indian defence left Rizwan Sr. unmarked on top of the circle as he collected a long diagonal ball and sent a snap shot into the left corner of the boards. Rizwan Sr. had no pressure of time or space and his flash strike denied Sreejesh even the time to react. After end to end counters by either side, Pakistan surged ahead in the 39th minute as Muhammad Ifran Jr. capitalised on an attack from the left to shoot home in a crowded circle. As the game picked up pace, India earned their first penalty corner in 43rd minute when the ball hit a Pakistan defender’s foot. Rupinder Pal Singh converted the penalty corner with a rasping drag-flick that went high into the net. The Indians went into a 3-2 lead a minute later when a long ball caught Pakistan’s defence off-guard. Talwinder neatly collected the ball on the left and sent in a diagonal cross that a diving Ramandeep Singh deflected into the boards. The third quarter of the match produced four goals, but both teams guarded their territory well in the last quarter." style="outline: 0px; box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 10px; margin-left: 40px; border: 0px; font-size: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; background: 0px 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit;">
Build Up
India go top of the table after winning thriller against Pakistan

India had to dig deep into their reserves to eke out a 3-2 victory over arch-rivals and defending champions Pakistan in a preliminary league match of the fourth Asian Champions Trophy hockey in Malaysia on Sunday.
India exhibited their composed defence when under pressure from early Pakistan raids and worked hard to gain control of the showpiece encounter of the tournament at the Kuantan Hockey Stadium.
Young striker Pradeep Mor scored his maiden goal in 13 international appearances to give India the lead in the 11th minute, but Pakistan then took charge through strikes from Muhammad Rizwan Sr. in the 31st minute and Muhammad Irfan Jr. in the 39th.
Rupinder Pal Singh converted India’s only penalty corner in the 43rd minute and Ramandeep Singh came into goal-scoring action the following minute by deflecting in a diagonal cross from Talwinder Singh.
This victory gives India seven points from three outings. India had outplayed Japan 10-2 in their first outing, but were held to a 1-1 draw by South Korea on Saturday.
Starting as two-time defending champions, Pakistan suffered a 2-4 loss to hosts Malaysia and then prevailed 1-0 over South Korea in their previous matches of the six-nation league.
Top four team from the round-robin competition will advance to the semifinals.
Pakistan forced the first penalty corner in the opening minute when an Indian defender carried the ball in the circle, but goalkeeper PR Sreejesh blocked two shots to ward off danger.
Sreejesh first padded the drag-flick from Muhammad Aleem Bilal and then dived to his right to clear the rebound attempt.
Pakistan spelt danger again in the fourth minute when their strikers worked in unison to create space deep in the Indian territory and a cross from the right rebounded to unmarked Muhammad Rizwan Jr. on top of the circle. But he sent a wayward shot wide of the left post.
The Indian players did some hard work and got to the top of the rival scoring zone on a couple of occasions, but the resolute defence denied them a crack at the goal.
Talwinder Singh had the first Indian shy at the goal in the 11th minute when he picked up a pass from the right on top of the circle and created some space as he turned for the reverse hit, but the shot soared high over the cross-piece.
India took the lead against the run of play in the 22nd minute when Pradeep Mor on the right flank latched on to the ball that had deflected off a Pakistani defender. Mor darted into the circle and sent in a firm shot from a very narrow angle that beat goalkeeper Imran Butt to land on target.
This was the first goal for the 24-year-old Mor, who was playing in his 13th international and was one of the reserves for the Olympic Games.
Stung by the reverse, Pakistan came back strongly to mount a raid into the Indian circle, but the defender held their ground and denied them a good look at the citadel in the 25th minute. The next minute saw an Indian counter-attack with SK Uthappa trying to run on the empty space on the left flank, but was obstructed by Ahmad Shakeel Butt, who was sent off for the deliberate foul.
Continuing to look for the equaliser, Pakistan were rewarded in the first minute after half-time as the Indian defence left Rizwan Sr. unmarked on top of the circle as he collected a long diagonal ball and sent a snap shot into the left corner of the boards. Rizwan Sr. had no pressure of time or space and his flash strike denied Sreejesh even the time to react.
After end to end counters by either side, Pakistan surged ahead in the 39th minute as Muhammad Ifran Jr. capitalised on an attack from the left to shoot home in a crowded circle.
As the game picked up pace, India earned their first penalty corner in 43rd minute when the ball hit a Pakistan defender’s foot.
Rupinder Pal Singh converted the penalty corner with a rasping drag-flick that went high into the net.
The Indians went into a 3-2 lead a minute later when a long ball caught Pakistan’s defence off-guard. Talwinder neatly collected the ball on the left and sent in a diagonal cross that a diving Ramandeep Singh deflected into the boards. The third quarter of the match produced four goals, but both teams guarded their territory well in the last quarter.
@aditya10r @Project Dharma

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
@Akask kumar @rishivashista13 @sorcerer
I know, it's "just play", but I'm dying to troll @amoy. He made me believe Chinese are considered good at sports, way better than Indians. Over that he once had said that he never saw India and sports words together.:p
They probably are as a nation, however it is due to massive investment by the government and complete apathy on the part of India. Where the government invests like Hockey, Kabaddi, Cricket and now Boxing to some extent there is no match obviously

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag

Helms deep

Country flag
Gud news, Indians as such is better team out of the lot in Asia cup,
India is only team placed at 6 rank(below 10) to play the tournament, rest are placed at lesser rank..
Except Pakistan no one gives us bit of fight in this..
I hope they come out as winner in the tournament..:india:

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
The Chinese would be simply stunned. 9-0, damn!

This is racist as heck but I near fell off my couch laughing..

The best Chinese trolling ever was done KVTU reporting on crashed flight 214 where it named the four pilots as:

Captain Sum Ting Wong (something wrong), Wi Tu Lo (we too low), Ho Lee Fuk (holy fuck, although this was mispronounced) and Bang Ding Ow (bang ding ow).

Bahamut

airtel

Country flag
They probably are as a nation, however it is due to massive investment by the government and complete apathy on the part of India. Where the government invests like Hockey, Kabaddi, Cricket and now Boxing to some extent there is no match obviously
+ tennis , badminton , squash , chess .

sorcerer

Country flag
I know, it's "just play", but I'm dying to troll amoy. He made me believe Chinese are considered good at sports, way better than Indians. Over that he once had said that he never saw India and sports words together.:p
:D
chinese are good at deception sports with terrorism and pakistan always let the chinese win in that!

amoy

I know, it's "just play", but I'm dying to troll @amoy. He made me believe Chinese are considered good at sports, way better than Indians. Over that he once had said that he never saw India and sports words together.:p
Everyone shall be good at "something". Chinese excel in some sports but of course not a jack of all trades.

Let me further explain to u, taking Summer Olympics as a sample -

Top sports where Chinese score medals include, but not limited to :
Sport Gold Silver Bronze Total Rank
Diving 40 19 10 69 2
Weightlifting 34 15 8 57 2
Gymnastics [5] 29 21 23 73 4
Table tennis 28 17 8 53 1
Shooting 22 15 19 56 2
Badminton 18 8 15 41 1
Swimming 13 19 11 43 8

From the above u can see Table Tennis and Badminton stand out particularly by ranking. That is also consistent with the fact that Swimming, Table Tennis and Badminton are very popular among Chinese.

Not much I can speak about Indians. Obviously nothing special except crickets maybe.

U may argue that Indians have done pretty well outside of Olympics. Well I'm all ears. Or u'd better choose another country for comparison, what about Brazil or Nigeria who're also populous??

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

The best Chinese trolling ever was done KVTU reporting on crashed flight 214 where it named the four pilots as:

Captain Sum Ting Wong (something wrong), Wi Tu Lo (we too low), Ho Lee Fuk (holy fuck, although this was mispronounced) and Bang Ding Ow (bang ding ow).
Remember seeing that, was hilarious. :rofl:

Everyone shall be good at "something". Chinese excel in some sports but of course not a jack of all trades.

Let me further explain to u, taking Summer Olympics as a sample -

Top sports where Chinese score medals include, but not limited to :
Sport Gold Silver Bronze Total Rank
Diving 40 19 10 69 2
Weightlifting 34 15 8 57 2
Gymnastics [5] 29 21 23 73 4
Table tennis 28 17 8 53 1
Shooting 22 15 19 56 2
Badminton 18 8 15 41 1
Swimming 13 19 11 43 8

From the above u can see Table Tennis and Badminton stand out particularly by ranking. That is also consistent with the fact that Swimming, Table Tennis and Badminton are very popular among Chinese.

Not much I can speak about Indians. Obviously nothing special except crickets maybe.

U may argue that Indians have done pretty well outside of Olympics. Well I'm all ears. Or u'd better choose another country for comparison, what about Brazil or Nigeria who're also populous??
This thread is about badminton. Accept that you are outmatched here and quit whining about what you good at to assuage your fragile little ego.

On the other hand, carry on as I don't care enough to argue with you Mr. Choemin.

Go block sanctions against terrorists or whine when some diplomat visits 'South Tibet'.

amoy

Remember seeing that, was hilarious. :rofl:

This thread is about badminton. Accept that you are outmatched here and quit whining about what you good at to assuage your fragile little ego.

On the other hand, carry on as I don't care enough to argue with you Mr. Choemin.

Go block sanctions against terrorists or whine when some diplomat visits 'South Tibet'.
Oh u call me Choemin. U're so mean.

Did I invite u for the argument? Nope? What? U said -This thread is about Badminton??!! LOL. Again u come for self-humiliation - your ignorance has no boundary

Look at this picture carefully. IS IT BADMINTON?

pdated: October 26, 2016 2:13 am

U wanna debate with a man who plays BAD MINTON weekly? :biggrin2: Shame on u!

@mods your member @Nicky G is demonstrating his stupidity here and called me Choemen,

Akask kumar

Yes chinese are good at sports but that doesnt mean we are bad at it.. This is stereotyping by @amoy .. it appears chinese thinking is becoming idotic and illogical like pakis..

we have tonnes of talent here ,the problem is lack of Sports culture.. Sports (other than cricket) dsnt get much attention and funds..our athletes perform against all the odds and compete in world arena ..Which is respectable :india:

Last edited:

Akask kumar

:pound:..could you repost it here..

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Oh u call me Choemin. U're so mean.

Did I invite u for the argument? Nope? What? U said -This thread is about Badminton??!! LOL. Again u come for self-humiliation - your ignorance has no boundary

Look at this picture carefully. IS IT BADMINTON?

pdated: October 26, 2016 2:13 am

U wanna debate with a man who plays BAD MINTON weekly? :biggrin2: Shame on u!

@mods your member @Nicky G is demonstrating his stupidity here and called me Choemen,
What he is saying is that Indians don't even need badminton racket to beat Chinese they can do it with a hockey stick :p

Akask kumar

There you go, it's comic gold
Ho Lee Fuk.. mother of god !! this is hilarious.. :pound::pound::rofl::lol:

at the end of the video the anchor said "WE ARE WORKING OUT THE DETAILS THESE PILOTS PAYED BEFORE THE CRASH""

This is the height of trolling ..Nothing can beat this..

SO these names were made up by the news channel??

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Ho Lee Fuk.. mother of god !! this is hilarious.. :pound::pound::rofl::lol:

at the end of the video the anchor said "WE ARE WORKING OUT THE DETAILS THESE PILOTS PAYED BEFORE THE CRASH""

This is the height of trolling ..Nothing can beat this..

SO these names were made up by the news channel??
I believe they were trolled by an intern in the government agency who they got information from :laugh:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Our Domestic sport called "Kabaddi" which was internationalized recently.;)
Or u'd better choose another country for comparison, what about Brazil or Nigeria who're also populous??
Aww come on, you are behaving like Pakistanis now.
Just for laugh.
And this is not first type and only field where Pakistanis come up with such things.
I hope that Chinese aren't as ignorant as Ex Indians (aka Pakis).:biggrin2:

Global Defence

Articles