India tests N-capable Agni-I missile

agentperry

if i recall it rightly then the news was that 3 missiles- agni 1 2 and 5 were to be launched within weeks but this is coming after so many days. i know another fact that its not cause of some technical glitch. was intl pressure a binding factor?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
if i recall it rightly then the news was that 3 missiles- agni 1 2 and 5 were to be launched within weeks but this is coming after so many days. i know another fact that its not cause of some technical glitch. was intl pressure a binding factor?
looks like uncle didnt like the Pakistani response of firing all the missile to compete with A5, therefore they restrain us to test what was already tested. They should not disclose the test in advance.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
A-V a canister pop up test do not need a Ballistic missile notification, A- II would have been a user specific operational verification status test that wont be an issue of international pressure.

kaustav2001

Country flag
Also every missile is painted like an R-day display piece?!!!! :shocked:
Good point. The missile is not canisterized (in which case the paint scheme does not really matter), an operational missile ought to have better camouflage/ paint scheme (even though u have the usual camouflage nets etc..)

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Good point. The missile is not canisterized (in which case the paint scheme does not really matter), an operational missile ought to have better camouflage/ paint scheme (even though u have the usual camouflage nets etc..)
No current Agni or Prithvi series is known to be have canistarised, Agni-V is supposed to have its first canisterised test.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
This was Agni-1 test, found it in Shivs blog. However check out the detonation altitude caught by the ship!

To High? :shocked:

Last edited by a moderator:

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
^^ you mean the under water pontoon test?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
This was Agni-1 test, found it in Shivs blog. However check out the detonation altitude caught by the ship!

To High? :shocked:

wow, this is the first time DRDO has release the impact pics for ballistic missile. GK it is better to have impact that high, rest will be done by shock wave.

here are the screen shots.

Zebra

Country flag
India's Agni-I ballistic missile test on 13 July 2012

Published on Jul 14, 2012 by shivaroor,
Video Courtesy DRDO,

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Night User Trial of Agni-I to be Conducted on Tuesday

India is heading for a historic day on Tuesday when user trial of an Agni series missile by the armed forces during night will be conducted. Though in 2009, an attempt was made to fire Agni-II in the evening, it had ended in a failure as the missile could not meet the mission parameters.

With logistic support from the DRDO, the Strategic Forces Command (SFC) of the Indian Army is slated to conduct the much awaited evening trial of 700-km plus range surface-to-surface nuclear capable ballistic missile Agni-I from the Wheeler Island off the Odisha coast.

A reliable source told 'The Express' on Sunday that the weapon in its operational configuration would be test-fired between 7 pm and 8 pm on Tuesday.

However, defence officials fear that the downpour triggered by an anti-cyclonic system developed in northwest Bay of Bengal may prove a dampener. The test range has been experiencing rainfall since Saturday night and the forecast has been that rain and thunder shower may occur in next 24 hours.

"We can fire the missile as per the schedule if we get a dry weather throughout Tuesday. We are ready and the missile has already been integrated. While the range integration has been finished, the tracking systems have been put on place. The mission depends on the favourable weather condition," said a defence official.

On November 23, 2009, the first ever night launching of Agni-II ended in failure as the missile failed to achieve the pre-coordinated mission parameters. The weapon faltered just before the second stage separation and behaved erratically deviating from its coordinated path.

Defence sources said there were considerable improvements in its re-entry technology and manoeuvrability since Agni-I's first trial. As the missile has already been inducted in the Army, this test will reconfirm the technical parameters set for the user.

This will be a limited stock production (LSP) series test of Agni-I, which has been randomly selected from a bunch of missiles in the production lot. The Agni-I is an antiquated short-range and surface based ballistic missile in the Agni series.

Compared to its longer range cousins, its height is 15 metres and it is powered by both solid and liquid propellants which impart it a speed of 2.5 km per second. The missile weighs around 12 tonnes and can carry both conventional and nuclear payload of about 1000 kg.

The missile was first test-fired on January 25, 2002 and since then several trials have been conducted. It is designed to bridge the gap between indigenously built short range Prithvi, already deployed in the army, and medium range Agni-II that has a range of more than 2,000 km.

Night User Trial of Agni-I to be Conducted on Tuesday - The New Indian Express

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
sahi bhai Odisha can have all climates like heavy rainy, heavy cold, or heavy hot.......
they cant track it properly in rain, they wont get the data may be because of cutter in radar

"We can fire the missile as per the schedule if we get a dry weather throughout Tuesday. We are ready and the missile has already been integrated. While the range integration has been finished, the tracking systems have been put on place. The mission depends on the favourable weather condition," said a defence official.

bhramos

Country flag
they cant track it properly in rain, they wont get the data may be because of cutter in radar
when a missile or an satellite cant track or fire upon desi or local conditions its of money waste bhai....
what i meant to say is that the Indian scientists should know where their products should work.....

Sea Eagle

when a missile or an satellite cant track or fire upon desi or local conditions its of money waste bhai....
what i meant to say is that the Indian scientists should know where their products should work.....
Although satellite might be able to track it but I don't think the satellites can tell about missile's peformance like a ground based radar would do...
Btw kudos to DRDO guys :popcorn:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles