India successfully tests submarine launched ballistic missile K-15/B05

Patriot

Country flag
Re: India successfully tests submarine launched ballistic missile

Thanks Binayak , I am aware of it. But in the field of defense R & D what we get to see in media is all staged like a show.The Aces are up in the sleeves & nobody shows them. It is us enthusiastic jingos' work to find clues out of staged acts. We have lot to speculate about the launch platforms like Arihant, Kilos & Akula-II etc.

But one thing for sure DRDO guys staging it means we have achieved the triad.

Congrates !!

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Re: India successfully tests submarine launched ballistic missile K-5/

I see Pak testing missile very soon and giving name of improved version, so that Pakistanis ** have wet dreams thinking about new missile.
read it as "can"

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

But one thing for sure DRDO guys staging it means we have achieved the triad.

Congrates !!
check out this
The 9 O'clock News: The biggest stories (Jan 27, 2013) Video: NDTV.com

specially when he says that Chines first attempt to SLBM sink their sub, because hatch didnt open watch the face of DRDO chief. :lol: he is trying very hard not to smile and DRDO Chief who knows lots of secret is very tight lip about all these and his reply is very carefully worded.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

check out this
The 9 O'clock News: The biggest stories (Jan 27, 2013) Video: NDTV.com

specially when he says that Chines first attempt to SLBM sink their sub, because hatch didnt open watch the face of DRDO chief. :lol: he is trying very hard not to smile and DRDO Chief who knows lots of secret is very tight lip about all these and his reply is very carefully worded.
Indias real test will come once the missile is integrated with the sub and user trials from the subs start. Pontoon is one thing, real sub is another.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

I hope the DRDO has underwater cameras filming the launch and look forward to them releasing the video.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

Indias real test will come once the missile is integrated with the sub and user trials from the subs start. Pontoon is one thing, real sub is another.
if the sub test out fine, then firing this wont be that much of problem they have already tested it 14 times and they know it much better.

Bheeshma

Is Arun active on Any forum? Most of his predictions have come true. It means the ranges of A-1/2/3/4/5 etc are closer to his estimates that the "official spec". Waiting for k-4,A-3Sl or whatever goes into Arihant.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

Arun_S comment on another forum

The photos and launch video clearly indicate it is the K15 Sagarika a variant of Shourya.

Some news report inadvertently spill out the true range of this missile (not the oft quoted 700km reports) as 1500 km.

Pallav Bagla NDTV mentions seeing teh missile trajectory whereby it goes up and down and up again. Its the classical porpoise maneuver that this hypersonic Cruise Missile is capable of doing.

My observations:
1. This missile test was done for the classic hypersonic CM where missile stayed in atmosphere all the way. Range was 700Km.

2. One can clearly see the booster separation just few seconds after liftoff.

3. See the small boats near launch point, compare it with missile length of ~ 10 meters.

As I have shown earlier the missile can also fly ballistic and resume CM on re-entry with minimal re-entry load, and that range is well in excess of 700km (pure CM ) range, expected to be at least 1900 km.

See page 14 and 15 of this PPT that I shared with some friends couple of years ago.

Bgrv and indian missiles arun vishwakarma, rev 1 c
Range is only marginally affected by cruise altitude. 20 Km cruise is perhaps the lower limit (below that drag will reduce range significantly). 20-40 km altitude is the operating range.

As for more range by using different material, I think the missile works optimally with current confign and the performance is already UBER, why bother? for larger range & payload the K4 kicks in. I love K15 with its current 1800 - 2100 km range.

sukhish

I don't think so.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

Last edited by a moderator:

gokussj9

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence