India studying NATO offer on joining missile programme

Should India join NATO missile shield or not?

• Yes India should join

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No India should not join

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JayATL

NATO European shield is expected to cost 200 million Euros over 10 years or 1/2 a trillion dollars but probably closer to twice this amount.
:frusty:why not say probably 10 times that amount while you are it, why just twice--- mirch marsala add on culture

SPIEZ

Country flag
Missiles are not the issue, will we get X-BAND radar??
Missile may not be the issue, But for sure it must be their guidance system which actually makes the difference b/w a good probability of kill. I m not sure if we will get this X band, but we should get something equivalent. If NATO does use X-Band we might probably get our hands on it too.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
NATO European shield is expected to cost 200 million Euros over 10 years or 1/2 a trillion dollars but probably closer to twice this amount.

Just ask the US to station an AEGIS cruiser off Indian coast at practically no cost...

JayATL

Our Indigenous program gets stifled because we cannot afford to have two parallel BMD programs and that too for such a large country like India.

At the earnest may be 3-4 years.

When did russia join NATO shield? :lol: :laugh:.

If anything, the BMD shield of NATO is for protection from Russian, North Korean or Iranian missiles.
3-4 years? : rofl: you are just doing testing phase now. but u think you are covered in 3-4 years. all excited about some tests being sucessful...

You cant afford continued testing ? Hmmm... you dont have to deploy/ mass produce it it but you have it all tested out and benchmarked against a NATO shield.

Russai is joining the NATO shield. Russia joins Nato missile defence shield - Channel 4 News

Last edited:
Country flag
:frusty:why not say probably 10 times that amount while you are it, why just twice--- mirch marsala add on culture
it is still probably 50 times more then our indigenous program without mirch masala.

Country flag
Damn the russians must be dumb that they want to join their cold war enemy and current rival's shield too. hey, btw- can you tell us what are the costs associated with the NATO shield? you seem to have the math down . So why is India considering it again?
NATO shield is unproven against MIRV's. Russians claim Iskanders will still get past the shield.

Russian Officials Tout Iskander MIRV As 21st Century ABM Buster

Russian Officials Tout Iskander MIRV As 21st Century ABM Buster

SPIEZ

Country flag
@jayATL: we already intercepted several missiles and it's been in the development phase for along time now. There was a report that this system would be in Delhi by 2015.
Think again buddy US aren't the only one who can build missiles

JayATL

it is still probably 50 times more then our indigenous program without mirch masala.
math is not your forte is it? 200 million euros over 10 years... thats 20 million euros a year only!

Country flag
math is not your forte is it? 200 million euros over 10 years... thats 20 million euros a year only!
50 billion dollars a year X10=500 billion dolars in 10 years if other expenses don't go up. We have not spend by my best guess more than 5-10 billion in our indigenous program at the high estimates.

JayATL

@jayATL: we already intercepted several missiles and it's been in the development phase for along time now. There was a report that this system would be in Delhi by 2015.
Think again buddy US aren't the only one who can build missiles
thats awesome but how does it bench mark against the NATO shield? Why did Russia who is way more advanced than India choose to be a part of the NATO shield? why is 20 million euros ( chump change) per year for NATO shield not attractive? what will it cost to fully produce and deploy an indian shield? how much will be the ongoing costs after that? what stops you from keeping your testing going but having a nato shield at cheap cheap price of 20 Mil euros/ year?

JayATL

50 billion dollars a year X10=500 billion dolars in 10 years if other expenses don't go up. We have not spend by my best guess more than 5-10 billion in our indigenous program at the high estimates.
This why I keep doing this :frusty: when you post. You state a price of 200 mil euros over 10 years. then you change that to suit your meme. :frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

Country flag
thats awesome but how does it bench mark against the NATO shield? Why did Russia who is way more advanced than India choose to be a part of the NATO shield? why is 20 million euros ( chump change) per year for NATO shield not attractive? what will it cost to fully produce and deploy an indian shield? how much will be the ongoing costs after that? what stops you from keeping your testing going but having a nato shield at cheap cheap price of 20 Mil euros/ year?
This shield is not effective against MIRV's. Chinese will give DF-31 or DF-5a MIRV's to Pakistan and it will be a
waste of money and back to square one.

trackwhack

This why I keep doing this :frusty: when you post. You state a price of 200 mil euros over 10 years. then you change that to suit your meme. :frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:
You conviniently decided not to answer my query as to how you got a trillion dollar savings for India and you have the cheek to harp on about a type that LF made. Dude, you're outta this world.

Country flag
when have i changed the price?? I am more concerned with the effectiveness of the shield then price.
India is the size of Europe so the price would be like you said 50 billion dollars or 20 billion euros a year
for Europe. I am just saying India can do the same thing at a fraction of the price around the same time frame
indigenously.

JayATL

Seriously man, learn to debate. Drop the condescence. You are the one who seemed to have the math on it by saying India will probably save trillions?
TRILLIONS??!!! Seriously, Do you have any comprehension of the number system?
Let me educate you about numbers - Yes trillions- because the shield is not about only tests, its about mass production, deployment costs, yearly maintaince costs, overhead costs, manpower costs, continued R&d costs. So yes Trillions over time, biggest hit being intially ... and btw- if you dont like my tone- just dont bother replying ... stop crying me a river on every reply about it.

SPIEZ

Country flag
thats awesome but how does it bench mark against the NATO shield?
1) Probably we can never test these two anti missile's ever.( it is meant to tell your enemy that we are capable enough to shoot down your missile. Even PAC failed in Iraq)

Why did Russia who is way more advanced than India choose to be a part of the NATO shield?
2) I thought the missile shield is against Russian missile's. Maybe lack of electronics has driven them to join this. But i m not sure if they are joining this pact.

why is 20 million euros ( chump change) per year for NATO shield not attractive? what will it cost to fully produce and deploy an indian shield? how much will be the ongoing costs after that?
3 & 4)I don't think anyone knows the cost for sure

what stops you from keeping your testing going but having a nato shield at cheap cheap price of 20 Mil euros/ year?
I don't think anything is stopping us.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i think you guys are forgetting most important point last time when we needed this BMD, we approached whole world(those who make it) and found that non of the system suits our need, therefore we made our own.

SPIEZ

Country flag
They must be deploying separate Anti-missile systems.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles