India starts design on New Aircraft Carrier

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Why is it not incomprehensible? People have died doing it.

Nothing to do with education. They are just trying to be ballsy. I suppose it's a guy thing. I don't see girls doing even simple stunts compared to all the high risk daredevil acts guys do. Incomprehensible?

Heard of Bullfighting? Education required here?

Alain Robert.

Well, I suppose I still don't know what I am talking about.
They build it, but not maintain it. Apart from that, he is only talking about major highways with tollbooths and fencing, not regular two lane highways that criss cross the country and form bulk of our highway network. You are entitled to believe anything you want.
seems that you mis-read me ...... just that i havent seen what you described in the many countries ive visited ....that's all i meant

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
If I was India I would consider buying one of the older US nuclear powered carriers.
sure if we like keep putting our purchased product for inspection and stupid agreements and what not, in return.

Plus US does not have record for reliable supplier specially at the time of war.

p2prada

seems that you mis-read me ...... just that i havent seen what you described in the many countries ive visited ....that's all i meant
Oh, sorry then. It was my mistake.

If I was India I would consider buying one of the older US nuclear powered carriers.
Nimitz is not for sale. Even the conventional Kitty Hawk is not for sale.

Anyway, USN needs the Nimitz a lot due to budget cuts and delays with Ford. The older ships being retired are not worth the hassle. Any US ship will come with a "no use in offensive operations" clause. So, no point buying it anyway.

StealthSniper

That is a true and concerning, If this continue we might have to buy small number of F-35B marine version to replace harriers.
Yeah the ship might be okay because it might be able to get another refit done on top of the hundreds before it, but the Harriers are really outdated and on their last legs. Personally I don't trust American fighter jets (too many strings and technology manipulation things going on) but I do agree we need newer aircraft that can still keep the INS Viraat relevant till 2020 against China and the like.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
The Article picture looks Like cool and Sexy ...Looked for the Picture...Is that under the CATOBAR platform and These are some AEW helicopters ...in 65K ton ac can capable of Launching E 2C hawk eye or some AEW aircrafts...If this carrier UNDER catobar SYSTEM can we buy a E2C for AEW support insteatd of AEW helicopters ...

any info of the Platform ...CATOBAR or STOBAR

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
@<a href="http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/member.php?u=6198" target="_blank">sanj</a>eevJino- the 65K carrier is going to be a CATOBAR!

Also for the record the old INS Viraat initially satarted her life with us as a CATOBAR we converted her into a STOBAR post 71.

Last edited by a moderator:

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
the American CVN's are not for sale, even so i doubt the american would give a carrier to any nation without at least a SOFA agreement, also with end user clauses it'll be like keeping a white elephant in your house, sure it's big, strong and beautiful but there's nothing you can do with it.

rvjpheonix

Country flag
@<a href="http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/members/sanj.html" target="_blank">sanj</a>eevJino- the 65K carrier is going to be a CATOBAR!

Also for the record the old INS Viraat initially satarted her life with us as a CATOBAR we converted her into a STOBAR post 71.

Why? I have heard that CATOBAR allows to take the full load of the aircraft, but STOBAR does not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles