India silent on Egypt issue.... Good or Bad

Friend

Egypt protests domestic issue: India
Hindustan Times
New Delhi, January 30, 2011

India has refrained from making any formal comment on the violent anti-government protests in Egypt, calling it "internal developments" of Egypt. The external affairs ministry only said on Saturday: "We are watching the developments unfolding there." The ministry also said the 3,600 people of Indian origin — of them, 2,200 live in Cairo — were safe. It, however, advised Indians to avoid non-essential travel to Egypt for the time being.
Arent we moving away from the public eyes of Egypt and the succesive government by keeping our mouth shut????

SHASH2K2

Arent we moving away from the public eyes of Egypt and the succesive government by keeping our mouth shut????
There are many major International Players that Egyptians need to worry about . Indian not a non existent player there and we really shouldn't interfere or start taking side . It is really Internal matter of Egypt.

Friend

There are many major International Players that Egyptians need to worry about . Indian not a non existent player there and we really shouldn't interfere or start taking side . It is really Internal matter of Egypt.
More than worrying I think its best if we support the people of Egypt... for our own good. Thereafter, we may have cordial relations with the next government. We will continue to need Egyptian oil and investments!!!

SHASH2K2

More than worrying I think its best if we support the people of Egypt... for our own good. Thereafter, we may have cordial relations with the next government. We will continue to need Egyptian oil and investments!!!
What if Hosni Mobark stays. we will be screwed in that case . so we need not burn our fingers by being too enthusiastic. When you think about country there are many country having much more important roles that us . India will be one of last country in their mind.

Rage

DFI TEAM
I think we should take an ambiguous stance on the issue. But subtly hint at our support for democracy, progress and stability.

Trade will happen nevertheless, and our strategic investments in the region are not of such a a worth as to warrant justifying support for one or the other.

The present govt's stance is perfect.

The heir apparent is not yet theirs.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
why should we do anything ? we are not moral police or freedom crusaders. we should deal with whoever runs the govt...it is there internal matter.

if anything yanks should remove dictator since they loud freedom and democracy in every foreign visit....but we all know that is crap.

JayATL

This is always a sensitive balance of being stately ( India after all is a world power) and interference, especially in an Islamic country. Regardless, people of India must understand that with great power comes great responsibility. If you want to be on the world stage and respected - THEN you must play as a statesmen .

You may have mistrust of the west but when events of great magnitude happen, they don't go to china to settle it. they come to the west. Sudan is the latest example of the west finally getting it done. Get the world on your side India and even if you are #3 on a GDP list , you will be #1 on the world's stage!

Here is another quick example : Japan trades big time with China. No 1 trading partner and now they are switching a lot to send it to India making it their no1 partner in the coming years. Why? because china blew it Not only because of the anti Japanese demonstrations orchestrated by the govt- But worse the govt of china started bullying them on the world stage.

Last edited:

JayATL

I think I'm coming back to India at some point. the country needs smart people like me! MMS needs to pass the dual citizen clause and get the brains back into the country. I"ll put in a good word for AV. but then again he is a pinko commi ! :p ( j/k):spy:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I think you guys have missed the news, india has already issued a statement saying it supported a peaceful transition as per the aspirations of the protesters.
I read in the newspaper yesterday or day before.

JayATL

I think you guys have missed the news, india has already issued a statement saying it supported a peaceful transition as per the aspirations of the protesters.
I read in the newspaper yesterday or day before.
See I told you these guys have no clue about their local news and they discuss topics based on a guessing game . Damn I'm all the more motivated to come back. thank You Yusuf . I'm handing you a Stud trophy for that post. Going forward I will be awarding a stud or pony depending on the knowledge departed by the poster.

YOU HAVE EARNED A STUD POINT!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles