India should recognize Tibetan freedom for its own good.

redragon

Country flag
The CIA's war was their own, Indian govt had nothing to do with it. The Americans airdropped supplies to Tibetan camps located in Nepal. And since China illegally invaded Tibet, forced the Tibetan govt out and massacred and imprisoned Tibetans, it was justified. Besides, the Tibetans were not targeting civilians, but just Chinese army.

On the other hand, the ULFA terrorists armed and trained by China are killing innocent people, as are the Lashkar terrorists that are supported by China in the United Nations. In response the least India can do is supply weapons to Tibetans and Uighurs for military strikes against the Chinese army and Chinese military infrastructure. It would also benefit India in that Chinese army would be more pre-occupied with dealing with these rebels, and thus less likely to be able to successfully launch military strikes into Arunachal, Ladakh, and Sikkim.
Wow, I would like to say again, Wow.
You should really be a jounalist, or a fiction writer.
Here is my predict, India will get closer and closer to China, and finally these two can even be ally in 15 years, mark my words

johnq

LOL, did you even watch the video?

This video shows the actual confession report of the ULFA terrorist leader
(in which he has confessed that the Chinese army has been training and arming ULFA terrorists in China): ULFA confesses to link with China-News-Exclusives-TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos

I would say this is pretty good evidence, unless you work for the Communist government of China. LOL

India has free press, not like China (where press is controlled by government).

These ULFA terrorists have killed many innocent people in India.

no smoking

Country flag
Then why the Chinese flag?

Your loyalty should be to Australia.
Because I was born in China and grew up in China.

I talk like a chinese and think like a chinese. So, except my passport, i am still a chinese. Using the china flag is to tell everyone that i will take the side with china and don't want to make confusion.

no smoking

Country flag
LOL, did you even watch the video?

This video shows the actual confession report of the ULFA terrorist leader
(in which he has confessed that the Chinese army has been training and arming ULFA terrorists in China): ULFA confesses to link with China-News-Exclusives-TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos

I would say this is pretty good evidence, unless you work for the Communist government of China. LOL

India has free press, not like China (where press is controlled by government).

These ULFA terrorists have killed many innocent people in India.
How come there is no india official holding the report in the press conference accusing that chinese involvement?

What we saw is just an indian journalist using an unconfirmed report to make some kind of accusations which is beyond his professional. Sorry, we won't buy it.

no smoking

Country flag
The Tibetan rioting is more an act of desperation than anything else. They don't have the weapons, so they cannot attack the PLA soldiers.
So, they can attack any innocent civilian who just happend to pass by?

And the PLA has been arresting and imprisoning Tibetans, and then taking over their property and selling it to Han Chinese.
So they have the excuse to burn other's property and kill other? Now, I know that terrorism in india is kind of leagal action.

because that is all they can do (because they don't have guns): If they were to try to attack the PLA soldiers with knives, they would just be easy targets.
So, now they find their easy target--innocent people.

If they had the weapons, then the Tibetans could conduct military strikes against the PLA (which has massacred/imprisoned their friends and relatives over the past several decades).
After decades of guerilla struggling backed by the super power USA and big neighbour india, you are telling us that they have never conducted military strikes? Are you a lawyer in USA?

johnq

LOL, can you not read? I did not say the Tibet riots were a good thing, I just explained the reasons behind why they happened.

But then again, that's what propaganda is: Twisting other people's words to promote your version of the truth.

Also, re-read your history, outside of Chinese propaganda: Indian government did not play any part in the CIA-backed Tibetan uprising, or the recent riots in Tibet. And I challenge you to prove otherwise using non-Chinese sources.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
After decades of guerilla struggling backed by the super power USA and big neighbour india, you are telling us that they have never conducted military strikes? Are you a lawyer in USA?
Prove otherwise.

Tibet is hardly the issue between India and China, the issue is China's backing of nations that sponsor terrorism and support of terrorist groups like JuD against India. If China stops doing that and genuinely extends the hand of friendship to India, Indians would have no reason to be hostile towards China.

The border issue is but a minor irritant compared to Chinese attempts to attack and hurt India through its proxies.

Educated Indians have sympathy for Tibetians because they happen to share the values of the Indian civilization (they are Buddhists, after all), and the physical violence and oppression that took place against them in the past decades. Tibetians are a peaceful people-monks, and commoners dedicated to non-violence. Hence, China can get away with massacring them. However, the major issue for the Indian state is not the violence against the Buddhists-the government would hardly jeopardise Indian economic and strategic interests by keeping the issue of Tibet alive.

By the actions of the present and past Indian governments, it should be abundantly clear to most Chinese that India wants peace and prosperity for both countries-but it is their government that continues to give full political, economic and military backing to a state (Pakistan) that sponsors cross-border terrorism inside India.

If your government were do a volte-face and support India instead of Pakistan, and pressurise Pakistan to stop terrorism inside India, I guarantee you that Indians would be able to make major concessions on the boundary issue. Finally, it is up to YOU to decide if your long term interests will be more secure by being an ally of a small, bankrupt, fundamentalist, Islamic state who sponsors terrorism in India, or of a state that is guaranteed to be the world's 2nd largest economic and military power by mid-century.

If you want friendly relations with India, your government must stop stabbing us in the back first. Until you elect a democratic government that does your bidding however, I don't see how you can have any say in the way your government conducts its foreign affairs.

nimo_cn

Country flag
How come there is no india official holding the report in the press conference accusing that chinese involvement?
Because even the GOI is not too dumb to realize it is a piece of hard shit rather than a piece of hard evidence! And the GOI is smart enough to know when to keep mouth shut, unlike somebody else, spreading baseless rumor around this forum!

johnq

ULFA getting arms from China: Arunachal Home Minister

Shillong: Arunachal Pradesh government today claimed that North-East militants, including ULFA, were getting arms and ammunition from China.

"The Centre is also aware of it. ULFA and other militant groups of the North-East are procuring arms and ammunition from China," state Home Minister Tako Dabi told reporters on the sidelines of a function at North Eastern Police Academy (NEPA) at Umsaw here.

He said the militants, particularly those of ULFA, were using Arunachal Pradesh as a 'corridor' to China.

Though Dabi denied the presence of permanent ULFA camps in Arunachal Pradesh, he said "they use Changlang and Tirap districts in the state as sanctuaries."

Asked what steps the government was taking against the militants, Dabi said, "the government is on alert.

Para-military and Army personnel have been deployed in adequate numbers in the areas."

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Maybe they don't want to start a war. Indian government has been downplaying alot of reports coming out of the press for just such reasons.

no smoking

Country flag
LOL, can you not read? I did not say the Tibet riots were a good thing, I just explained the reasons behind why they happened.
Well, from chinese understanding, you are defending these tibet riots like an american lawyer.

But then again, that's what propaganda is: Twisting other people's words to promote your version of the truth..
There is no one here to promote any truth. The only thing i am sick of is that you are trying to paint india and tibet as angel.

Also, re-read your history, outside of Chinese propaganda: Indian government did not play any part in the CIA-backed Tibetan uprising, or the recent riots in Tibet. And I challenge you to prove otherwise using non-Chinese sources.
Oh, realy? That is not what CIA official said. Do you think who has more credibility? Your self-defending words or CIA's document?

johnq

If that is the case why don't you either post the CIA document, or a non-Chinese news report highlighting the CIA document? The fact is that I challenged you directly to provide some non-Chinese source that says the Indian govt was involved in the CIA-backed Tibetan uprising or the recent Tibet riots, and you failed.

Indian govt had nothing to do with the earlier CIA-sponsored Tibetan uprising or the recent Tibetan riots.

But the CIA's action against the Chinese army was justified because the Chinese army invaded Tibet and then massacred innocent people. I have no problem with India and the US helping the Tibetans attack the Chinese army or the Chinese army infrastructure, because I believe that the Chinese army is an invasion force in Tibet.

And also because the Chinese army has been arming and training ULFA terrorists in China, which has killed close to 30,000 innocent people in India. I have given news reports which show captured terrorists' confession report (in which they have confessed to being armed and trained in China), as well as reports in which government officials have repeated the same thing. And people the world over know about China blocking the ban of Pakistani terrorist organizations (Lashkar) in the United Nations (and I have also provided news reports about this, above).

Link: ULFA getting arms from China: Arunachal Home Minister

Quote: Arunachal Pradesh government today claimed that North-East militants, including ULFA, were getting arms and ammunition from China.

"The Centre is also aware of it. ULFA and other militant groups of the North-East are procuring arms and ammunition from China," state Home Minister Tako Dabi told reporters on the sidelines of a function at North Eastern Police Academy (NEPA) at Umsaw here.

Officer of Engineers

Professional
It would be incorrect to feel that India has anything to with Tibetan rioting.
Sir, it is without a doubt that the riots was launch from Indian territory from the Dali Lama's own council but not from the Dali Lama himself. It was kept from him but the Tibettans knew exactly what they were doing ... and it backfired.

The CIA's war was their own, Indian govt had nothing to do with it.
GROW UP! A National government allowing a foreign agency to commit Acts of War from its own territory!

I was not borned yesterday!

johnq

GROW UP! A National government allowing a foreign agency to commit Acts of War from its own territory!

I was not borned yesterday!
Well you certainly learned to speak English (incorrectly) yesterday. LOL

Time to learn your history from a source outside Chinese propaganda. If you had read CIA's own reports, you would know that the attacks were launched from Tibet-Nepal border, not India. The fact is that prior to the 1962 war, in which Chinese took over Indian territory in Aksai Chin and other parts of Kashmir, India had nothing to do with the CIA funded Tibetan Independence war. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

johnq

China taking over our land, Ladakh tells home ministry- Hindustan Times

China has occupied large swathes of Indian territory in the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir over the years, says a note from the Leh district administration to the home ministry.
This is mainly due to the Line of Actual Control (LAC) that separates India and China in this area not being clearly demarcated, the note adds.
The note was prepared after a meeting of the district administration with representatives of the army and the Indo-Tibetan Border Police.
In December 2008, shepherds in the Chumur area of Ladakh were shooed away by Chinese troops, who uprooted their tents and warned them not to return.
The note says India has lost substantial amount of land in the last two decades. Sources said that China is taking advantage of the “ disputed territory” status of 150 km of 646 km long LAC in Ladakh sector and increasing its presence closer and closer to the Indian side.
The report has highlighted the intimidatory tactics of the Chinese troops which follows a pattern of pushing the nomads from one place to another — starting with Nang Tsang in 1987, Na Kangai in 1991, Lugba Serding in 1994 and so on. This stretch in 350 Km of Leh itself explains how 12 km long stretch was lost in seven years.
“The fact is Chinese are pushing us back from our own territory,” said Chering Dorjay, Chief Executive Councillor of Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council.

These aggressive actions by Chinese military along with Chinese support of Maoist, ULFA, and Pakistan-based terrorists are enough to justify India supporting the Tibetan/Uighur independence movements. The only way to stop China taking over Indian territory and supporting terrorists in India is to recognize Tibetan/Xinjiang independence, support the freedom fighters in their fight against the PLA (so that they can cut off Chinese military supply lines), and break off all business ties with China (so Chinese government stops using the money it makes from doing business in India to fund terrorism in India).

We need to show China that it can't have its cake and eat it too: Because without any consequences for its evil actions, China is basically getting away with murder in India.

nimo_cn

Country flag
What they say always contradicts with what they do. IMO, India is conducting more like a person with dual personality. On one hand, at a govenmental level, GOI recongizes Tibet as an integral part of China, but on the other hand, at a not so official level, GOI supports Tibetan secessionist to separate Tibet and educates Indian citizens to believe Tibet is an independent coountry, incites them to spread this recoginzing-the-independence-of-Tibet nonsense.

The main reason this paradox exists is simple. In the deep of its heart, India is so desperate to split Tibet from China and then invade it. But in reality, GOI dares not speak out its true feelings, the longer it hide these feelings, the more twisted mind it gets. So more of this recoginzing-the-independence-of-Tibet nonsense is expected in the future.

neo29

What they say always contradicts with what they do. IMO, India is conducting more like a person with dual personality. On one hand, at a govenmental level, GOI recongizes Tibet as an integral part of China, but on the other hand, at a not so official level, GOI supports Tibetan secessionist to separate Tibet and educates Indian citizens to believe Tibet is an independent coountry, incites them to spread this recoginzing-the-independence-of-Tibet nonsense.

The main reason this paradox exists is simple. In the deep of its heart, India is so desperate to split Tibet from China and then invade it. But in reality, GOI dares not speak out its true feelings, the longer it hide these feelings, the more twisted mind it gets. So more of this recoginzing-the-independence-of-Tibet nonsense is expected in the future.
India wants to invade Tibet ??? are you seriously out of your mind . india does officially recognize tibet as part of china but it doesnt not use propaganda to make indians believe that it should be a seperated.

the chinese are the propaganda machine. we are a democracy. the people of india do see the plight of tibetans in china and hence think that they should have tibet for their own. this has nothing to do with the GoI

Seems you have been watching lot of Xinhua news lately.

dragon

1 . Actually ,it's no use to play the Tibet card .
2. And the government of India is not stupid.
3. So ,it's no use to talk about such topic.

Officer of Engineers

Professional
Well you certainly learned to speak English (incorrectly) yesterday. LOL

Time to learn your history from a source outside Chinese propaganda. If you had read CIA's own reports, you would know that the attacks were launched from Tibet-Nepal border, not India. The fact is that prior to the 1962 war, in which Chinese took over Indian territory in Aksai Chin and other parts of Kashmir, India had nothing to do with the CIA funded Tibetan Independence war. I challenge you to prove otherwise.
Hey, dummy, whose authority was used to launch those attacks, it ain't Tibet-Nepal. And I will readily admit that authourity was not New Dehli, it certainly was NOT Nepal.

In short, all intel, including yours stated outright, that the latest Tibetan riots started from the Dali Lama's own council BUT not from the Dali Lama himself.

Don't pretend to know more than this dinosaur who lived through the times.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles