India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandora

Country flag
India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist:becky::becky::lca:

The Indian Ministry of Defense has issued letters, on Wednesday, to two of the six vendors competing in the estimated USD 10 billion Indian Air Force (IAF) tender for 126 Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA), asking them to extend the validity of their commercial bids, which will expire on Thursday, tomorrow.

StratPost can confirm that the European Eurofighter Typhoon consortium and the French Dassault's Rafale have been invited to do so, effectively making up the shortlist.

StratPost can also confirm that according to the IAF and the ministry, the other aircraft in the fray, the US Boeing's F/A-18 Super Hornet, the US Lockheed Martin Corporation's F-16, the Russian MiG-35 and the Swedish SAAB's Gripen did not pass the technical evaluation conducted by the IAF.

It is noteworthy that this comes just a day before the commercial bids of all six vendors were to expire.

It would not be unsurprising if this move by the ministry and it's coincidentally sharp timing were to raise the hackles of the spurned vendors. Industry insiders are already expecting to see a robust response from these vendors and their countries of origin, at least in private, to this decision.

One question some of the vendors losing out are already asking is why the ministry asked all the vendors to resubmit their offset proposals early this month if they already knew the outcome of the technical evaluation submitted by the IAF last summer, and waited till a day before the expiry of the commercial bids to effectively announce a shortlist by inviting extension of commercial bids from only two vendors.

The commercial bids of the other four vendors will lapse on Thursday, tomorrow.

Something else the uninvited vendors are ready to question is the basis for judging technical compliance, with robust speculation that none of the MMRCA-6 aircraft were actually completely compliant with the IAF's 643 parameters listed in the Air Staff Qualitative Requirements (ASQRs) for the tender.

It seems clear that these issues will not be settled quickly. Watch out for more on this tonight, at StratPost.

http://networkedblogs.com/h9VbD

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i for one like both the aircraft, more so since they are not US made.

Pandora

Country flag
Here too ,but personally i love to see Rafale in IAF colour.........

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
MRCA, Others Left Behind
It's official. France's Dassault Aviation and the European consortium's Eurofighter Typhoon move to the next level on the IAF M-MRCA selection process. Both companies have confirmed that their programme teams have been asked to be at the MoD/Air HQ tomorrow for a meeting where the process will be taken forward. This is, in effect, the downselect that you've been hearing about so much. More shortly. It must be said that it was TimesNOW's Srinjoy Chowdhry who first reported that the Rafale and Typhoon led the competition.
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

http://livefist.blogspot.com/2011/04/flash-rafale-typhoon-move-to-next-level.html

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
MRCA, Others Left Behind
It's official. France's Dassault Aviation and the European consortium's Eurofighter Typhoon move to the next level on the IAF M-MRCA selection process. Both companies have confirmed that their programme teams have been asked to be at the MoD/Air HQ tomorrow for a meeting where the process will be taken forward. This is, in effect, the downselect that you've been hearing about so much. More shortly. It must be said that it was TimesNOW's Srinjoy Chowdhry who first reported that the Rafale and Typhoon led the competition.
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

http://livefist.blogspot.com/2011/04/flash-rafale-typhoon-move-to-next-level.html

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist
April 27, 2011
By Saurabh Joshi

The Indian Ministry of Defense has issued letters, on Wednesday, to two of the six vendors competing in the estimated USD 10 billion Indian Air Force (IAF) tender for 126 Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA), asking them to extend the validity of their commercial bids, which will expire on Thursday, tomorrow.

StratPost can confirm that the European Eurofighter Typhoon consortium and the French Dassault's Rafale have been invited to do so, effectively making up the shortlist.

StratPost can also confirm that according to the IAF and the ministry, the other aircraft in the fray, the US Boeing's F/A-18 Super Hornet, the US Lockheed Martin Corporation's F-16, the Russian MiG-35 and the Swedish SAAB's Gripen did not pass the technical evaluation conducted by the IAF.

It is noteworthy that this comes just a day before the commercial bids of all six vendors were to expire.

It would not be unsurprising if this move by the ministry and it's coincidentally sharp timing were to raise the hackles of the spurned vendors. Industry insiders are already expecting to see a robust response from these vendors and their countries of origin, at least in private, to this decision.

One question some of the vendors losing out are already asking is why the ministry asked all the vendors to resubmit their offset proposals early this month if they already knew the outcome of the technical evaluation submitted by the IAF last summer, and waited till a day before the expiry of the commercial bids to effectively announce a shortlist by inviting extension of commercial bids from only two vendors.

The commercial bids of the other four vendors will lapse on Thursday, tomorrow.

Something else the uninvited vendors are ready to question is the basis for judging technical compliance, with robust speculation that none of the MMRCA-6 aircraft were actually completely compliant with the IAF's 643 parameters listed in the Air Staff Qualitative Requirements (ASQRs) for the tender.

It seems clear that these issues will not be settled quickly. Watch out for more on this tonight, at StratPost.

http://www.stratpost.com/india-selects-ef-rafale-for-mmrca-shortlist

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
anything which is not US and which comes with complete TOT (complete with engine and BVR) would be good choice.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Doesn't make sense to me as to why the MoD has kept everyone on the boil and then come up with this. If indeed these two fighters have been shortlisted and others eliminated, then the Rafale will win as we have seen recent reports about the navy too going for the same fighter as the AF. That would have made the SH and Rafale the from runners. I am sad for one, I wanted the SH in as it would have got us "other" benefits as well despite all the hassles involved in buying anything American.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Well I tink the MoD has learnt from the Helicopter deal about how these American companies act and react...The Fennec/Euceril won fairly but bell cried foul. When the tender was reissued Bell ran away.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
This is good development, wish we get to see the actual winner soon.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Well I tink the MoD has learnt from the Helicopter deal about how these American companies act and react...The Fennec/Euceril won fairly but bell cried foul. When the tender was reissued Bell ran away.
Didn't get the relevance to this case?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
It's not on any news channel yet. Wonder if it's official yet or not. If not, then it ain't over till the fat lady sings. I don't think the Americans will let go so easily.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
need to be careful now we dont want uncle and its companies to mess up our procurement of MRCA, now just keep eye on paid media.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Sorry, but I just have to gloat a bit at all those who said this story wasn't true...

_________

I am blown away Super Hornet didn't make the cut... but i can't say I am unhappy. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
saya, yusuf

If you guys remember an Italian company tried to derail the process of IAF base's modernization by filing a case, as the contract was awarded to TATA. Court has rejected it right away. So I feel this process will go smoothly

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Armand, will France offer to integrate the new GTRE Snecma engine with Rafale? Do you feel this might be realistic approach

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
guys if you look at things which are happening in last one month, IAF and Minister of Defence statement and finally the Headlines today report, it was clear that spin doctors are at work even before GOI has decided the faith of shortlisting of tender.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
saya, yusuf

If you guys remember an Italian company tried to derail the process of IAF base's modernization by filing a case, as the contract was awarded to TATA. Court has rejected it right away. So I feel this process will go smoothly
Nitesh bhai you dont know what can happen in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles