India refutes reports of cancelling top Chinese general's visit

Discussion in 'Foreign Relations' started by Singh, May 25, 2011.

  1. Singh

    Singh Phat Cat Administrator

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2009
    Messages:
    20,305
    Likes Received:
    8,270
    Location:
    011
    India today denied as untrue the reports that it has turned down the visit of deputy chief of Chinese People's Liberation Army Gen Ma Xiaotian.

    Terming the reports as untrue, a spokesperson of the Indian embassy said that discussions are under way to fix mutually convenient dates to conduct the annual dialogue to be held in India this time.

    The spokesperson denied that India has turned down Gen Ma's visit.

    An Indian military delegation is due to visit China in the coming weeks for talks with Chinese counterparts, which will restore defence cooperation between the two countries, the spokesperson said.

    The visit of the Indian military delegation was announced after last month's meeting between Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh and President Hu Jintao on the sidelines BRICS summit in China's Sanya resort.

    The decision to send a military delegation to China marks an end to the freeze on high-level defence exchanges by India after the then Northern Army Commander Lt Gen BS Jaswal was denied a proper visa in July last year for travel to Beijing because he served in Jammu & Kashmir.

    Earlier in the evening, it was believed that India put on hold General Ma Xioatian's visit. According to television reports, India had demanded that China first allow a delegation of Indian army to visit the country.

    India refutes reports of cancelling top Chinese general's visit - India - DNA
     
  2.  

Share This Page