India raises Dalai Lama security after Chinese 'plot' to kill him

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
India raises Dalai Lama security after Chinese 'plot'
Indian security officials are to raise their cordon around the Dalai Lama, the spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhism, after he was told of a Chinese plot to poison him.

Senior police chiefs in charge of his security are looking to buy chemical and poison detectors to foil any plot to assassinate him.
The Dalai Lama revealed reports of a China-backed conspiracy to kill him by Tibetan women posing as devotees seeking his blessing in an interview with The Daily Telegraph last month.

He had been warned the women would have poisons on their clothes or in their hair which would infect him when he laid his hands on them for a blessing.
"They would have said they were sick, to receive a blessing from me, and my hand would have touched them," he said.
His allegation drew a withering response from China which dismissed the claim as absurd, but it caused alarm among Indian security officials responsible for his safety.

Despite being the subject of several threats over the years, including some from Tibetan dissidents who reject his non-violent 'Middle Way' to seeking autonomy from Chinese rule, he lives within a relatively relaxed security cordon.
His palace in Dharamsala, at the heart of a Buddhist temple complex, appears to be guarded only by a handful of unarmed security men and scanner.
Now, according to Indian officials, the Dalai Lama, who retired from his role as Tibet's political leader last year, will have his food tested by his personal doctor and be protected by new screening equipment to detect any poisons and harmful chemicals entering his inner sanctum.
"We are looking at chemical detectors to establish what kind are required. The information [of a potential poison attack] is from the Tibetan government in exile so we're looking at what technology is available. This particular threat emanated from Lhasa. They told us there was a threat of a chemical being thrown at him," said I.D Bhandari, Director General of Police in Himachal Pradesh.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Dalai Lama reveals warning of Chinese plot to kill him
The Dalai Lama has revealed his fears after being warned that Chinese agents have hatched a plot to kill him.

In an exclusive interview with this week's Sunday Telegraph, the 76-year-old Nobel Peace Prize winner, revealed he had been passed reports from inside Tibet warning that Chinese agents had trained Tibetan women for a mission to poison him while posing as devotees seeking his blessings.
The Tibetan Buddhist leader said he lives within a high security cordon in his temple palace grounds in Dharamsala, in the Himalayan foothills, on the advice of Indian security officials.
Despite being one of the world's most widely revered spiritual leaders he has enemies in China and among some Buddhist sects.
His aides had not been able to confirm the reports, but they had highlighted his need for high security.
"We received some sort of information from Tibet," he said. "Some Chinese agents training some Tibetans, especially women, you see, using poison – the hair poisoned, and the scarf poisoned – they were supposed to seek blessing from me, and my hand touch."

Relations between China and the Tibetan government-in-exile in India are poor and mutual suspicion high following more than 30 self-immolations in the last year by Tibetans in protest at Chinese moves to marginalise their language and culture.
He said suspicion of Chinese interference in finding his reincarnation following his death meant he may be the last Dalai Lama and that Tibetans could decided to abandon the institution.
A number of young Buddhist monks, including the Karmapa Lama, could emerge as the spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhism, he said.
Despite frosty relations with Beijing, he said he believes China will change its hardline stance within his lifetime and adopt democratic reforms to safeguard its economic growth.
He said Chinese leaders should use Buddhist logic to overcome their suspicion and anger, but confessed he struggles to control his own temper.
He said: "Advisers, secretaries, other people around me, when they make some little, little mistake, then sometimes I burst. Oh yes! Anger and shout! Oh! And some harsh words. But that remains a few minutes, then finished."
Although he sometimes regrets such behaviour, he believes it is occasionally good for "correction."
The Dalai Lama will be in Britain tomorrow to receive the £1.1 million Templeton Prize at St Paul's Cathedral for his championing of science as a vital element of religious life.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Employment of Naag Kanya (Cobra Girls) in the Indian subcontinent was well known practice .. I do not about Chinese traditions though. They must be much advanced as they claim themselves to be !

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
It sounds ridicuous to me that China would wait 50+ years to try to take Dalai Lama out at a time when China cares whole lot about her international image and Dalia Lama is the darling of the westrn media.

I say at this stage China is as likely to kill Dalai Lama as US is to kill Fidel Castro.

trackwhack

It sounds ridicuous to me that China would wait 50+ years to try to take Dalai Lama out at a time when China cares whole lot about her international image and Dalia Lama is the darling of the westrn media.

I say at this stage China is as likely to kill Dalai Lama as US is to kill Fidel Castro.

Not ridiculous at all considering if the Dalai was killed earlier, China would not have been able to contain the resulting revolt in Tibet and there would have been several hundred thousand if no millions dead.

However, no with more established security protocols and Hanization of Tibet, the resulting revolt after a Dalai Lama assassination can be more easily controlled.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Not ridiculous at all considering if the Dalai was killed earlier, China would not have been able to contain the resulting revolt in Tibet and there would have been several hundred thousand if no millions dead.

However, no with more established security protocols and Hanization of Tibet, the resulting revolt after a Dalai Lama assassination can be more easily controlled.
This is pure rubbish. At a time when Mao was ready to sacrifice couple hundred million lifes in a nuclear exchange with the US or the Soviets, the danger posed by a potential revolt by the tibetens was negligible. Tibetans to this day numbered just over 2 million in the autonomous region, yet at the height of the cold war China had 5 million regular troops. And unlike today where separatists could appear to the outside for help and the CCP cares too much about collateral damage to carry out any real crack-down, anyone who dared to stand up to the CCP then, would along with his village, dissappear over night. And the outside world would not even notice a thing. China was much like North Korea is today, completely isolated, everyone indoctrinated, a land where the words, any words, of Chairman Mao were de facto laws. No one would even dare to think opposing them, let along actually doing anythng stupid.

Dalai Lama is increasingly getting desperate and frustrated beacuse 50 years of separatism has brought absolutely nothing. Now he is headed towards oblivilion, the tibetan issue might just go away like he will be.

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
Dalai to contain the revolt in Tibet? You are joking right? Untill last 70s, he was always one of the mastermind of insurgent war in Tibet.
CCP even believed that the people behind 2008 riot got his blessing.

But spending money on killing a dying old man is against CCP's budget policy.

aerokan

Country flag
Untill last 70s, he was always one of the mastermind of insurgent war in Tibet. CCP even believed that the people behind 2008 riot got his blessing..
What are u smoking dude?? It doesn't match with the screen name :taunt::taunt:

no smoking

Country flag
What are u smoking dude?? It doesn't match with the screen name :taunt::taunt:
What am I smoking? Go to learn some history! From 1959 riot to the following guerilla war, Dalai's finger prints were everyhwere.

In last 80s, he denouced the arm struggle after he realised that he cannot win. The struggle, however, is still carrying on. And he has never do anything to contain the revolt in the Tibet.

aerokan

Country flag
What am I smoking? Go to learn some history! From 1959 riot to the following guerilla war, Dalai's finger prints were everyhwere.

In last 80s, he denouced the arm struggle after he realised that he cannot win. The struggle, however, is still carrying on. And he has never do anything to contain the revolt in the Tibet.

I took the subject "History of the world" and gave the exam conducted by CCP. I failed several times. Don't know why? :shocked::confused:

Maybe u can help me with some history lessons. OR could you talk to your senior CCP officer if he accepts bribe to pass me in the history exam? I will only pay with credit cards issued by 'myass' bank :cool2:

Dalai Lama has 100 hands so that will be 1000 fingers in total. He was holding guns, rocket launchers, ballistic missile launchers, particle vapouriser beam sabers in his hundred hands when he attacked china with his army of zombies. But heroic CCP sent Terminator J-20 codenamed "Jackass" to eliminate the threat of the supervillian dalai lama. In an earth shattering war which ensued, Jackass cut off dalai lama's 990 fingers.So that's why we can find his finger prints everywhere. To save the remaining 10 fingers, he ran away to evil neighbour India and using mind control he was waging a war from there using innocent tibetans who were peacefully willing to live in 'freedom' under the peace loving CCP. CCP was able to figure out all this stuff using mind reading machine which the HAN's had from the last 50,000 years.

i guess i will pass this time with the above history reeducation program. Please put a word for me with your senior CCP handler. I heard that i can earn some 50 cents if i pass the exam. Thanks again for enlightening me with the 'real' history. :thumb::thumb:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Originally Posted by no smoking
Fingerprints everywhere?

Or is it just that inspite of China's pouring in money into Tibet, the Tibetans are not being bought?

What exactly can this old man HH The Dalai Lama do in Tibet? Nothing. He does not even have his presence there and the Indian Govt is not interested in allowing him to do something there and spoil the delicate balance that India has with China.

The China is not like India that is concerned about international opinion. China does not care or bother about such things and instead steadfastly pursues her aims and dismiss all international uproar.

So, if HH The Dalai Lama's men were creating problems, they would be eliminated by the Chinese without a second thought.

Unrest in Tibet is just a Tibetan reaction to trampling of their identity which they do not want to lose.

It must be remembered that HH The Dalai Lama is merely the head of just ONE Sect.

There are other Sects and they need not obey the Dalai Lama.

The immolations that are happening in Sichuan and East Tibet are Buddhists who belong to another sect of Tibetan Buddhism and historically have risen against the Yellow Sect and Dalai Lama, and they were helped by the Hans.

Therefore, HH The Dalai Lama's finger prints cannot be all over Tibet.

Get your own history right.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Killing the dying man will only immortalize him, CPC knows that better than anyone else.

Dalai Lama knows that, too. Nothing else is more commendable than standing against CPC and getting killed by CPC.

Therefore, CPC is not going to kill Dalai Lama. Time kill himself, but people are gonna blame CPC so that Dalai Lama could claim his immortality.

Now the so called "chinese plot to kill Dalai Lama" is just a PR preparation for his inevitable death.

huaxia rox

first make sure the dalai lama wont get attacked by angery local hindus......i reckon no one cares to kill him besides them....

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Now that you know so much about India, please name those Hindus. You might even do well to identify them.

no smoking

Country flag
Fingerprints everywhere?
Yes, a riot involved 300,000 tibetens just happened without a leadership? These people sweared to defend their god-DL, and he just flee away when CCP was busy in handling this riot, what a coincident!

What exactly can this old man HH The Dalai Lama do in Tibet? Nothing. He does not even have his presence there and the Indian Govt is not interested in allowing him to do something there and spoil the delicate balance that India has with China.
Oh, there is lots of things that he can do: setting up trainning camps in Nepal and USA with CIA; sending his insurgents back to tibet to fight CCP; encouraging monks within Tibet to fight against CCP.

Look, he is a politician, he is the one as good as others on lying!

So, if HH The Dalai Lama's men were creating problems, they would be eliminated by the Chinese without a second thought.
All he need to do is keep sending his men to creat problems.

Unrest in Tibet is just a Tibetan reaction to trampling of their identity which they do not want to lose.
Unless they want to remain in the poverty, they have to make some changes.

It must be remembered that HH The Dalai Lama is merely the head of just ONE Sect.

There are other Sects and they need not obey the Dalai Lama.
It must also be remembered that he claimed himself representing all tibetens.

The immolations that are happening in Sichuan and East Tibet are Buddhists who belong to another sect of Tibetan Buddhism and historically have risen against the Yellow Sect and Dalai Lama, and they were helped by the Hans.

Therefore, HH The Dalai Lama's finger prints cannot be all over Tibet.

Get your own history right.
Well, there are lots of temples within these areas who were traditionally lead by DL. You can't really use the location to defend him.
Get your history right first!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes, a riot involved 300,000 tibetens just happened without a leadership? These people sweared to defend their god-DL, and he just flee away when CCP was busy in handling this riot, what a coincident!
Let us say for the sake of discussion, the Dalai Lama was spearheading the Tibetan revolt from exile.

It means that One Man, many miles away, living in a foreign country and not in Tibet, could organise a 300,000 strong riot.

Mao Tse Tung could not organise a riot in China and instead had to physically undertake the Long March, fight the KMT and then alone could be mobilise the Chinese against the KMT.

In other words, you are saying that the Dalai Lama is a greater leader than Mao Tse Tung.

In other words you are saying that the Tibetans indeed have a cause that inflames them - Independence.

With all due regards, I cannot believe that a frail old man, living miles away in exile in a foreign country could organise 300,000 to go against the Chinese authorities who had all the power and to crush it ruthlessly.

I cannot believe that Dalai Lama is a more powerful leader and a motivator than Mao Tse Tung.

I do, however, believe that there is indeed a deep feeling amongst the Tibetans to have freedom to preserve their identity, culture, language, traditions, customs etc, which the Hans are hell bent of obliterating.

Oh, there is lots of things that he can do: setting up trainning camps in Nepal and USA with CIA; sending his insurgents back to tibet to fight CCP; encouraging monks within Tibet to fight against CCP.
One may feel it is probable but it is not possible.

However, Nepal is pro China. Would they allow anti Chinese camps.

India is extra cautious in her relations with China and she would not allow such activities, more so, if you remember how India went out of her way to please China during the Dharma Chakra of the Dalai Lama.

CIA would not be able to use any of the neighbouring countries.

Look, he is a politician, he is the one as good as others on lying!
He can be anything, but he has to obey the Indian laws and adhere to India's sensitivity.

All he need to do is keep sending his men to creat problems.
But how can they mobilise 300.000?

Unless they want to remain in the poverty, they have to make some changes.
You have to understand Buddhism to realise that poverty is not something that can upset Buddhists and money is not material to them, as it is to the Chinese.

The Buddhist concept of "cessation of attachment" is what allows them to be what they are and be happy.

Remember, Ceasing attachment is the Buddhist approach, as "attachment" was viewed by the Buddha as the cause of suffering.

It must also be remembered that he claimed himself representing all tibetens.
He does not claim that.

The world attributes it to him.

The Yellow Hats, Red Hats, Black Hats are all different and they have their own fountains of authority.

Well, there are lots of temples within these areas who were traditionally lead by DL. You can't really use the location to defend him.
Get your history right first!
It is pathetic that apart from the Han aspect, you know very little of history of Tibet or Buddhism.

The Niyngma Sect was the second most influential sect, with 753 monasteries covering the Tibet Autonomous Region, Sichuan, Qinghai, Gansu, and Yunnan provinces. Among them, the Ganzi and Arbe areas of Sichuan Province were its main sphere of influence, represented by Garto Monastery, the White Jade Monastery and Zoqin Monastery.

The Dalai Lama is the head of the Gleugpa sect.

In the backdrop of Beijing's desperation over 35 self-immolations in Kham-Sichuan region, the role of the 17th Karmapa (Black Hat) assumes importance since, after the Dalai Lama, he is the second most powerful lama outside China. His word counts in eastern Tibet and could play a soothing role in settling the restive Sichuan region.

You may also see this;

Endgame for the Dalai Lama: Black Hat Sect Dismantling Power Base

Endgame for the Dalai Lama: Black Hat Sect Dismantling Power Base - NAM

Last edited:

huaxia rox

Now that you know so much about India, please name those Hindus. You might even do well to identify them.
my indian friend....tell me why indians have never named those chinese who claimed to be trying to kill the dalai lama???.....and u guys might even do well to identify them as well coz u guys r all tibet issue experts i assume.......

btw....what ever i said is based on what has really taken place....not guessing or just saying.....

Unease in Dharamsala

no smoking

Country flag
Let us say for the sake of discussion, the Dalai Lama was spearheading the Tibetan revolt from exile.

It means that One Man, many miles away, living in a foreign country and not in Tibet, could organise a 300,000 strong riot.

Mao Tse Tung could not organise a riot in China and instead had to physically undertake the Long March, fight the KMT and then alone could be mobilise the Chinese against the KMT.

In other words, you are saying that the Dalai Lama is a greater leader than Mao Tse Tung.

In other words you are saying that the Tibetans indeed have a cause that inflames them - Independence.

With all due regards, I cannot believe that a frail old man, living miles away in exile in a foreign country could organise 300,000 to go against the Chinese authorities who had all the power and to crush it ruthlessly.

I cannot believe that Dalai Lama is a more powerful leader and a motivator than Mao Tse Tung.

I do, however, believe that there is indeed a deep feeling amongst the Tibetans to have freedom to preserve their identity, culture, language, traditions, customs etc, which the Hans are hell bent of obliterating.
There is some mistakes in your opinion: when those 300,000 men gathered, DL was in his palace of Lasa, not thousands miles away. They gathered there because there was rumours that CCP may abduct their god. But after CCP defeat these people, DL already disappeared and one month later he appeared thousands miles away.

Another mistake is: long match was in china and it was still a riot. Mao did lead his troop through a peace match. He lost 90% of his soldiers in the whole procedure. And DL just simply left his troop to the hand of CCP.

One may feel it is probable but it is not possible.

However, Nepal is pro China. Would they allow anti Chinese camps.
Again, there is mistake in your reasons: at that time, nepal was not pro-china, they were pro-USA.

India is extra cautious in her relations with China and she would not allow such activities, more so, if you remember how India went out of her way to please China during the Dharma Chakra of the Dalai Lama.

CIA would not be able to use any of the neighbouring countries.
The only problem is CIA did use india's neighbouring country to do all this.
yes, india may went out to please China in this century, but not in last 70s. And the book regarding CIA&Tibet did not agree with you.

He can be anything, but he has to obey the Indian laws and adhere to India's sensitivity.
He did nothing wrong in india. All his secret work was carried in Nepal and China.

But how can they mobilise 300.000?
Well, it wouldn't be difficult in 1959, isn't it?

He does not claim that.

The world attributes it to him.

The Yellow Hats, Red Hats, Black Hats are all different and they have their own fountains of authority.

It is pathetic that apart from the Han aspect, you know very little of history of Tibet or Buddhism.

The Niyngma Sect was the second most influential sect, with 753 monasteries covering the Tibet Autonomous Region, Sichuan, Qinghai, Gansu, and Yunnan provinces. Among them, the Ganzi and Arbe areas of Sichuan Province were its main sphere of influence, represented by Garto Monastery, the White Jade Monastery and Zoqin Monastery.

The Dalai Lama is the head of the Gleugpa sect.

In the backdrop of Beijing's desperation over 35 self-immolations in Kham-Sichuan region, the role of the 17th Karmapa (Black Hat) assumes importance since, after the Dalai Lama, he is the second most powerful lama outside China. His word counts in eastern Tibet and could play a soothing role in settling the restive Sichuan region.

You may also see this;

Endgame for the Dalai Lama: Black Hat Sect Dismantling Power Base

Endgame for the Dalai Lama: Black Hat Sect Dismantling Power Base - NAM
It is always amuse me when an indian accuse others' lack of knowledge.
These area were controlled by others doesn't mean DL has no followers in these area.

nimo_cn

Country flag
my indian friend....tell me why indians have never named those chinese who claimed to be trying to kill the dalai lama???.....and u guys might even do well to identify them as well coz u guys r all tibet issue experts i assume.......

btw....what ever i said is based on what has really taken place....not guessing or just saying.....

Unease in Dharamsala
Interesting, Tibetans are taking Dharamsala as their own.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles