India-Pakistan: Can We Ever Be Friends?

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
http://www.pangeatoday.com/u-s-paid-indian-party-to-overthrow-bangladeshi-govt/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...adesh-foils-plot-to-overthrow-government.html

Just Past trials but i also heard USA/west wanted to overthrow Hassina and it was joint covert ops by Indo-bangla to avoid this coup.
Thanks for the links.

1. A month or two ago I met some people in London with connections to the BNP, but aware and honest how bad both parties are in BD, they said the fact that Khaleda was in London (she has since returned) hinted at a possible western instigated regime change.

I asked them why the west would want to do that, they said because the west do not want to see one particular party in power for too long and they have to be changed (per western views).

However Hasina is still in power.

2. In Bangladesh last year prior to the recent heavily publicized killing of some westerners here and there and other incidents the country was regarded as peaceful. Then suddenly out of the blue the Australian cricket team did not want to play in Bangladesh citing security concerns, this being totally bizarre considering how many international events Bangladesh hosted. Then *suddenly* and *mysteriously*, almost *coincidentally* a few days later after this sudden out-of-thin-air announcement by the Australians a western national (Italian) was killed in Dhaka, kind of validating their concerns.

This may indicate that the west was indeed planning to destabilize the country (a lot of radical "Islamist" groups are controlled ultimately by western agencies) and Hasina would be on her way out.

This spate of killings is still continuing but more people have been killed in Paris in one single incident then the handful of incidents in Dhaka and no one would think of cancelling sporting events or business trips to Paris.

3. Pakistan is obsessed with Bangladesh and considers it spiritually part of the country with Hamid Gul once even saying "One nation, two states", hence their constant involvement in our internal affairs including sponsoring terrorism, trying to kill Hasina, trying to organize coups etc.

The BNP and Jamaat are Pakistani funded and Khaleda is close to the Pakistanis and defends them. Her notorious son, Tariq is even worse and is very pro-Pakistan and pro-Islamist (not genuinely religious but supports political Islamists) and if he ever regained power would turn Bangladesh in to a "Banglastan" with a vengeance, make Bangladesh a giant anti-India/ISI base.

In other words he is basically like rockey71 but not an online cyber-warrior but a potential head of the country.

4. The other reason which may have contributed to the US wanting to overthrow Hasina is the US does not like "3rd world" (brown/darkie) nations which are too independent, as Hasina's Bangladesh is to an extent e.g. dropping the world bank and funding a national bridge project via its own funds, criticizing Bangladesh at times etc.

If it wasn't for India then yes, it's quite possible Hasina would be out of power now.

I'm no fan of Hasina and the Awami League but the alternative of de facto Pakistani rule through their proxies the BNP-Jamaat nexus is far, far worse.

I do not want Bangladesh to be a country waging a cold war or even lukewarm war with India simply to please Pakistan. For me that is a Pakistani puppet state, not a sovereign entity and we have no interest in seeking conflict with India.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
This discourse of 'Zia did it' is very popular among English speaking Paki lefties and some section of Indians. Paracha at Dawn constantly keeps harping about it. According to it, Pakistan was a wonderful 'liberal' country, Jinnah was very 'secular' and Zia started to islamize the country. This is all a load of nonsense.

The root cause of Pakistan's existence is Islamic hate for kafirs. Jinnah and Zia didn't invent it, just repackaged it. There never was a Ram-Rahim, ishvar-allah peaceful society. Brits didn't invent Hindu-Muslim division, they just exploited it. History of India for more than a thousand years has been bloody war between Hindus and Muslims and it's going to be more war in near future. Talk of 'friendship' between India-Pakistan is terminal stupidity.
But But But Chacha Nehru and Bapu ji said ..................... :(

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Actually they can, and they are. The Kashmir issue is about just that. If Gilgit-Baltistan was a part of India, that would allow India access to Central Asian Republics, Afghanistan, Iran, Europe. This has huge economic potential. As long as Gilgit-Baltistan remains in Pakistani control, India remains boxed in as a land locked country cornered by Pakistan and China. And so Pakistan is sabotaging Indian economic growth.
That's why we are building the Chabahar port in Iran to connect with Afghanistan and the CAR!

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Some delusional thread. An Aman ki Tamasha in DFI.
I will give you one reason, which is all one needs to understand why Pakistan can never be neutral, forget friends.

THEY ARE MUSLIM. WE ARE 'HINDU'.
This enmity, this antagony is historical, civilisational and most importantly, religious. The animosity is in people-to-people level. This is not something which the "leaders" or the "Pak Army" has created. They do not and did not exist in vacuum. This enmity is between bloods. You may argue that they belong to the 'same blood'. But one should know that the enmity between warring brothers/cousins are far stronger and violent than those between complete strangers.

We will either annihilate Pakistan, or die in the attempt. There is no path in between, never was, and never will be.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Shame on Modi for trying to talk with Pakistan. Shame on those people who are lauding and supporting him. Shame on those people who are applauding Modi for Pak hoax arrest of Mtuzzi Sayid. These supporters are spitting on the memories of 26/11 victims and martyrs of Pathankot.
They maybe BJP supporters, but they are never Hindutvabadis, Hindutva is far bigger than BJP.

Nuvneet Kundu

That's why we are building the Chabahar port in Iran to connect with Afghanistan and the CAR!

I'm aware of the Iran route but it's always cheaper to have a land route and sea routes come under severs strain during times of war. In that case we will have to dedicate a chunk of our navy to defend the route instead of fighting the war. It's expensive in all terms. Not that I am not in favor of it, but I think we should have both. Each route serves as an insurance for the other and dissuades people from attacking either of them. Land routes are also easier to defend with cheap infantry reinforcements.

vayuu1

Country flag
As I always say kattua putram kabhi na mitram ,jab mitram tab daga daga.

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles