India not keen on trilateral security pact with Australia, US

IBSA

Country flag
Shall exists ideological motives behind the choice for Australia instead of Indonesia. Australia is a western typical country while Indonesia is a muslim country.

In Samuel Huntington's thesis Clash of Civilizations the efforts of USA should be against an possible alliance between China and moslem countries. The Indian civilization in this context would ally itself with Western powers against the muslim powers

KS

Bye bye DFI

In Samuel Huntington's thesis Clash of Civilizations the efforts of USA should be against an possible alliance between China and moslem countries. The Indian civilization in this context would ally itself with Western powers against the muslim powers
Well done !

You just provided fresh ammunition for another 20 pages.

Let the fireworks start :pop:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
For the gazillionth time..this is not only about Australia...it's just a precursor to greater things with more spokes being added to the wheel as we move pn.

You people not getting this simple fact :frusty:
Spokes, you say?

ice berg

Viets have far more individual liberty than you chinis can ever think of.

So yes, compared to you they ARE free men.

And don't worry things are happening & even your own media is paranoid about it.
Well, so far I havnt seen any of them yet. Nor in economical development, freedom of speach, literacy rate, life expectations etc. In other words, tangible assets.

If mere words can make you happy, then go for it, I guess.

And some vague things are happening isnt helping your arguments either.

Maybe you should stick to movies instead.

And who cares what media writes. I read Indian newspaper about how nervous China may attack India in 2012. I dont assume that all ppl who read that crap actually believe that. Cause that will be an insult. Get where I am going?

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Well, so far I havnt seen any of them yet. Nor in economical development, freedom of speach, literacy rate, life expectations etc. In other words, tangible assets.

If mere words can make you happy, then go for it, I guess.

And some vague things are happening isnt helping your arguments either.

Maybe you should stick to movies instead.
.....and so you dont have answer and have to make a offtopic post, just for the sake of posting.

ice berg

.....and so you dont have answer and have to make a offtopic post, just for the sake of posting.
You should see your own post first. If you can get back to the topic instead of "club of free men".

If you prefer to stick on topic, then I am all for it.

I still stick to my point that there is few things Australia can offer that the US can not offer to India.

US is the key, not Australia.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Shall exists ideological motives behind the choice for Australia instead of Indonesia. Australia is a western typical country while Indonesia is a muslim country.
What kind of generalization is that. Its all black and white for you right?

You mean India is against Muslims by having the world's third largest muslim contingent of 150+ million as a part of the family?? Who are you guys to even talk about that? Neither west nor China or anyone else has any rights to breed prophesies on how India would behave with muslim governments and people outside.
We wouldn't be having millions of muslims co-existing in this country for 60 years of a struggling secular democratic setup if they were so offended and didn't believe in India.
One may come and ask around if they like, Indian muslims will tell them to stick it up their a** and better look at how muslims are treated in China or the holy Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Regards,
Virendra

Last edited:

IBSA

Country flag
What kind of generalization is that. Its all black and white for you right?
This generalized view is not of mine, is the view of Samuel Huntington, a political scientist whose clash of civilizations thesis got force after 09/11 attacks. I'm not a policymakers, so what that I think or not think dont influences anything and isnt important. As a researcher I shall seek to understand the world's governments choices through the support of main political theoricists as Huntington, Fukuyama, Morgenthau, etc. This was what I tried do here: to apply Huntington's theory to understand this India-US-Aussie agreement.

You mean India is against Muslims by having the world's third largest muslim contingent of 150+ million as a part of the family?? Who are you guys to even talk about that? Neither west nor China or anyone else has any rights to breed prophesies on how India would behave with muslim governments and people outside.
We wouldn't be having millions of muslims co-existing in this country for 60 years of a struggling secular democratic setup if they were so offended and didn't believe in India.
One may come and ask around if they like, Indian muslims will tell them to stick it up their a** and better look at how muslims are treated in China or the holy Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Regards,
Virendra
When I say India would tend to ally western powers in opposition to muslim powers I refers to the islamic fundamentalism, to the political Islam, and not to the Islam religion. I know very well India houses friendly in its system the moslem as well as others religions, as buddhist, jains, sikhs, etc.

Last edited:

pmaitra

As long as there is separatism in East Turkestan and the suppression thereof, PRC will not have any advantage over India when it comes to religions of nations. Trade and commerce is a different thing.

This clash of civilisations is just a theory and often brandished by some, but there isn't enough evidence or trends (at least to me) to prove it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles