India not keen on trilateral security pact with Australia, US

trackwhack

What a proper Smack in the Face of the arrogant Aussies. Awesome. Finally India growing some much needed balls.

NEW DELHI: India on Thursday voiced surprise at Australian foreign minister Kevin Rudd's remarks suggesting trilateral security agreement between US, India and Australia, and made it clear it was not keen on it.

"We are not aware of any such proposal," Vishnu Prakash, the external affairs ministry's spokesperson, said in response to a question.

The defence ministry officials took a tougher stand, saying they were taken aback at the statement of the Australian foreign minister.

The defence ministry also stated that it is not "keen on hopping to any multilateral security constructs in the region excepting those under the UN flag or such broad-based arrangements as ASEAN Defence Ministers Meet (ADMM +) and ASEAN Regional Forum".

In an interview with the Australian Financial Review newspaper, Rudd backed the formation of a security pact with India and the US, saying it could come into being if Canberra ends a ban on uranium sales.

A new trilateral accord was worth exploring because "from little things big things grow," Rudd said.

"The response from the Indian government has really been quite positive," Rudd had said.

But India's clarification on Thursday makes it clear that it is not keen on such a proposal.

India rejects trilateral security pact with Australia, US - The Times of India

KS

Bye bye DFI
Stupid ness personifed.

Instead of an outright rejection, a guarded "this-or-that" response should have been given so that if incase there is any need we can always fall back on them. And the nuke deal is also doubtful now.

Do something outright, and when things get EDIT up, do the 180 deg opposite thing ending up with actually nothing.

Hallmark of Indian foreign policy.

Last edited by a moderator:

trackwhack

Stupid ness personifed.

Instead of an outright rejection, a guarded "this-or-that" response should have been given so that if incase there is any need we can always fall back on them. And the nuke deal is also doubtful now.

So something outright, and when things get fucked up, do the 180 deg opposite thing ending up with actually nothing.

Completely disagree, there is not need to treat a third rate, racist, two faced nation like Australia as an ally. Outright rejection was what was required.

The Aussies understand that the Chinese want their territory and India is their only hope long term. This is payback time. For the hundreds of thousands of tons of uranium that they sold China allowing them to proliferate at will, while at the same time dealing with India with their heads in the clouds and repeatedly insulting us.

The nuke deal will happen, the truth is we dont need their uranium as much since there is enough in the market and they understand that our requirement is short term considering our fuel cycle aim. So they absolutely dont have a frekin choice but to fall in line.

blueblood

And what good this agreement was supposed to bring? Enough with the war cries.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Completely disagree, there is not need to treat a third rate, racist, two faced nation like Australia as an ally. Outright rejection was what was required.
You dont do things based on heart in diplomacy. A cold heart is required. The truth is it is not a govt sponsored racism in Australia unlike for example, Lanka. It's few nutheads doing it and the Govt is clamping on it.

Let me absolutely blunt here - our people are not the saints that we think they are. I have seen first hand how our people too can be pricks. If not in all cases, at least in some, they only got what was coming to them.

So no, co-operation with Australia was required and here again the famous Chanakiya policy adds to its long list of failures.

The Aussies understand that the Chinese want their territory and India is their only hope long term. This is payback time. For the hundreds of thousands of tons of uranium that they sold China allowing them to proliferate at will, while at the same time dealing with India with their heads in the clouds and repeatedly insulting us.

The nuke deal will happen, the truth is we dont need their uranium as much since there is enough in the market and they understand that our requirement is short term considering our fuel cycle aim. So they absolutely dont have a frekin choice but to fall in line.
I'll take it just arrogance & ignorance and move on.

KS

Bye bye DFI
P.s: It can very well a reaction for public consumption and a quiet co-operation behind the curtains. In that case it's a smart move.

But i'm basing my opinion in case the rejection is both public & private.

trackwhack

You dont do things based on heart in diplomacy. A cold heart is required. The truth is it is not a govt sponsored racism in Australia unlike for example, Lanka. It's few nutheads doing it and the Govt is clamping on it.

Let me absolutely blunt here - our people are not the saints that we think they are. I have seen first hand how our people too can be pricks. If not in all cases, at least in some, they only got what was coming to them.

So no, co-operation with Australia was required and here again the famous Chanakiya policy adds to its long list of failures.

I'll take it just arrogance & ignorance and move on.
You, of all people, are going to give others a lesson on racism? I have yet to see anyone on this forum more communal and elitist than you. So spare me the lecture.

The Australian foreign policy, their press, their people all smack of racist bias. Please read diplomatic exchange between our nations going back all the way till 1947.

India is their only long term hope - Fact. We will be the only economy with spending power comparable to China and the US. If you think the 2500 marines that Obama promised is going to save the Aussies, you're the one who is dreaming.

But anyway, it is pointless having a debate with you as can be seen from the numerous petty unsubstantiated arguments that you have with various people on this forum. Its the age old adage of - Horse, water, drink etc.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Stupid ness personifed.

Do something outright, and when things get fucked up, do the 180 deg opposite thing ending up with actually nothing.

Absolutely spot on!

this and that is the answer.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
"We are not aware of any such proposal," Vishnu Prakash, the external affairs ministry's spokesperson, said in response to a question.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate." - Strother Martin in Cool Hand Luke

Last edited:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag

but we are not like pakistanis to chew on the old histroy right? equations changes from time to time and we need to adopt what's right.. we will get nothing by slapping aussies.

Reactions: KS

trackwhack

We are a Non Aligned Nation. We dont need to break that to align with Australia of all nations who only have their own self interest in mind. But, I am being beaten by public opinion, so I wont argue. Go Aussie-US-India alliance.
C'mon India, suck it up!

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
We are a Non Aligned Nation. We dont need to break that to align with Australia of all nations who only have their own self interest in mind. But, I am being beaten by public opinion, so I wont argue. Go Aussie-US-India alliance.
C'mon India, suck it up!
i am not supporting aussie usa india alliance either; as somebody said, we should keep this pact as bargaining chip against Aussies. we could have used this to arm twist aussies until they call god for help :laugh: their navy is in no position to face-off against dragon threat.

"you give this and you take that; you do this and we do that"

Last edited:

trackwhack

i am not supporting aussie usa india alliance either; as somebody said, we should keep this pact as bargaining chip against Aussies. we could have used this to arm twist until they call god for help :laugh: their navy is in no position to face-off against dragon threat.

"you give this and you take that; you do this and we do that"
Yes, the first step to getting a bargain in ones favor is to reject the offer. We've got them by their balls, its time to squeeze a bit. So nothing wrong in the Foreign ministry's statement, in fact I think its brilliant.

SpArK

SORCERER
Stupid ness personifed.

Do something outright, and when things get fucked up, do the 180 deg opposite thing ending up with actually nothing.

I believe the thought team wasnt even aware of such proposals and didnt even consider some sort of arrangement within the frame work.

I think its a decision to appease any Russian concerns regarding a possible US alignment.

Russians strangely has been cosying up with anything that is anti US.

Defcon 1

Country flag
C'mon India, suck it up!
this non alignment has got us nowhere, this trilateral alliance would have provided india with the much needed leverage on China, and we could have used it to force Chinese to stop at least curtail military co-operation with pakistan, we need to accept the ground realities, as the power of China increases, it will become more and more assertive in its claims, a strong alliance is needed to counter the future threat......

Reactions: KS

JayATL

India rejects trilateral security pact with Australia, US

NEW DELHI: India on Thursday voiced surprise at Australian foreign minister Kevin Rudd's remarks suggesting trilateral security agreement between US, India and Australia, and made it clear it was not keen on it.

The defence ministry officials took a tougher stand, saying they were taken aback at the statement of the Australian foreign minister.

The defence ministry also stated that it is not "keen on hopping to any multilateral security constructs in the region excepting those under the UN flag or such broad-based arrangements as ASEAN Defence Ministers Meet (ADMM +) and ASEAN Regional Forum".

In an interview with the Australian Financial Review newspaper, Rudd backed the formation of a security pact with India and the US, saying it could come into being if Canberra ends a ban on uranium sales.

A new trilateral accord was worth exploring because "from little things big things grow," Rudd said.

"The response from the Indian government has really been quite positive," Rudd had said.

But India's clarification on Thursday makes it clear that it is not keen on such a proposal

India rejects trilateral security pact with Australia, US - The Times of India

JayATL

and once again the lack of backbone is shown. India bows to china and china's wishes in fear should be the subject header...

You have to be an idiot to not see what china is doing in south china sea

You have to be an idiot to not see how they will bully and strong arm their way

You have to be an idiot to think India will ever match up with china's military might without risking a USSR styled bankruptcy

If you think India can protect and take on China by itself globally ( this aint about India's borders) in international seas and protect India's assets, co partnerships with other countries- in that S china sea region by itself. You'd be a bigger fool than ... well ... you get it..

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles