India must kick China out of Sri Lanka: Former US Diplomat

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Glad we're back on the track i.e. the grand landscape of South Asia

To remind of u of timeline - Those allies u mentioned embraced China AFTER (not before) they realized their plights. For example Pakistan, once even a member of SEATO against China + Communism, joined hand with China when its survival was being put at stake. India dismantled Pakistan by "liberating" its eastern part. And India has always been a big bully in the region, for NP, BD and even Bhutan.

They aren't beggars nor suicidal. They cant pick neighbors (India being a given) but they can pick friends. Moreover getting gaga over your peers with wordings like beggar ain't helping u get anywhere. There's much hot air on India becoming a world class power. But what has SL or NP, or BD gained from her hard or soft power. Their relationship with China is for mutual good. China invests and gets a foothold in SL. And SL boosts their economy and grows their competency. Win Win.
You really believe this?

Could you amplify beyond sterile statements so that we understand the Chinese perspective?

HeinzGud

Country flag
We should remember if Indian leaders try to appease the Sinhalese masses as well as Tamils they could have been in the position of the China today instead they tried to strangle SL by LTTE to make SL a begger where India could thrive on SL corpse moreover India nor any Western country anticipated a leader like Mahinda Rajapaksha who stand firmly behind his country despite anything.....

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
India should allow SL to do it to themselves!

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
We should remember if Indian leaders try to appease the Sinhalese masses as well as Tamils they could have been in the position of the China today instead they tried to strangle SL by LTTE to make SL a begger where India could thrive on SL corpse moreover India nor any Western country anticipated a leader like Mahinda Rajapaksha who stand firmly behind his country despite anything.....
India can still do it but Indians have higher ideals of peace and freinship with neighbouring country in mind. India is too big a country to manage its affairs but if SL adds to Indian woes, China or no China India can burn SL at a very very low cost.

That is a reality.

amoy

Which part shall I NOT be sure abt?
1) China and India are geopolitical competitors in / beyond SA
2) India's sour relationship /follies with SA states is a perfect opportunity for China to pitch it and grow clout over SA
2) Yes China is self serving in penetrating SA. In the meantime SA states also benefit from such activities

You really believe this?

Could you amplify beyond sterile statements so that we understand the Chinese perspective?

HeinzGud

Country flag
India can still do it but Indians have higher ideals of peace and freinship with neighbouring country in mind. India is too big a country to manage its affairs but if SL adds to Indian woes, China or no China India can burn SL at a very very low cost.

That is a reality.
Why making your country impotent by such threats?? I don't think India is impotent!

I think India is whining cuz China plays in India's backyard but India can't play in China's!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
2) India's sour relationship /follies with SA states is a perfect opportunity for China to pitch it and grow clout over SA
2) Yes China is self serving in penetrating SA. In the meantime SA states also benefit from such activities
This part requires amplification for understanding what exactly is the issue that you have in mind.

ndia dismantled Pakistan by "liberating" its eastern part. And India has always been a big bully in the region, for NP, BD and even Bhutan.

They aren't beggars nor suicidal. They cant pick neighbors (India being a given) but they can pick friends. Moreover getting gaga over your peers with wordings like beggar ain't helping u get anywhere. There's much hot air on India becoming a world class power. But what has SL or NP, or BD gained from her hard or soft power. Their relationship with China is for mutual good. China invests and gets a foothold in SL. And SL boosts their economy and grows their competency. Win Win.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
India can also indulge into same strategy but the net result would be increased hostility between two countries which were never neighbours but are now. India has been afforded an honours responsibility of being neighbour of a large country and India shall take on that responsibility.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Heinz Guderian,

It is ultimately an Idea which wins and prevails, be an Idea of Communism, Buddhism, Hinduism or an Idea of India / China.
The Idea of China is recent and prevailing. It may continue or shatter.
The Idea of India is very very old and shall prevail for ever due to its inner strength, beauty, humanity, dignity and universal tolerance. Iran, Arabs, Mongols, Turks, Mughals, Pathans, British and even American, finally Chinese tried to destroy that Idea but no one succeeded insipte of conversions / change of religion.

The Idea of India is in the genes of Tamils and Sinhalas in spite of your nonsensical BS.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Heinz Guderian,

It is ultimately an Idea which wins and prevails, be an Idea of Communism, Buddhism, Hinduism or an Idea of India / China.
The Idea of China is recent and prevailing. It may continue or shatter.
The Idea of India is very very old and shall prevail for ever due to its inner strength, beauty, humanity, dignity and universal tolerance. Iran, Arabs, Mongols, Turks, Mughals, Pathans, British and even American, finally Chinese tried to destroy that Idea but no one succeeded insipte of conversions / change of religion.

The Idea of India is in the genes of Tamils and Sinhalas in spite of your nonsensical BS.
Idea of India is very very old???? dude are you on pot there was no unified India before Brits! :rofl:

I think you should respect the idea of china which is as old as India's.......

Don't be a hypocrite accept China is far ahead than India!

I should say this again India can't handle her neighbors.........

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Idea of India is very very old???? dude are you on pot there was no unified India before Brits! :rofl:

Are you suggesting that Indian handles its neighbours as China handled Tibet?

Blackwater

India must kick na-pakistan from Baluchistan..:thumb::thumb:

HeinzGud

Country flag
Are you suggesting that Indian handles its neighbours as China handled Tibet?
well why not India intertwined with Tibet issue if China was wrong??? SL is lucky to have China as a counter balance at least........

Tibet didn't have had it!

We should not forget India tried to Tibet, SL in the '80s

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
well why not India intertwined with Tibet issue if China was wrong??? SL is lucky to have China as a counter balance at least........

Tibet didn't have had it!

We should not forget India tried to Tibet, SL in the '80s
Because of Nehru steeped in Gandhian high morality.

What did India to Tibet?

Enlighten us!

HeinzGud

Country flag
Because of Nehru steeped in Gandhian high morality.

What did India to Tibet?

Enlighten us!
sorry I meant why not India risen up to China when China invaded Tibet?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
sorry I meant why not India risen up to China when China invaded Tibet?
I said it.

The Gandhi follower Nehru, who did not listen to the US.

But what did India do to Tibet in the 80s?

HeinzGud

Country flag
I said it.

The Gandhi follower Nehru, who did not listen to the US.

But what did India do to Tibet in the 80s?
I tried to say India was going to do same thing, as china did to Tibet, during the '80

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Your history needs lot of improvements since you have no idea about the "Idea of India" and it's ancient history. This shows your respect towards India.You need to read about the history of China as well.There was no "China" the way it is today. The huge area of Tibet is simply occupied by brute Han Chinese force. Remove Tibet and see what original China was.
You seems to be having lot of respect and love for China and it's "Ideas".You don't know history neither see possibilities in future.This might lead Sri Lanka as oversees Chinese Territory in future.China is indeed ahead of India in many things so no big deal accepting this.India is not Pakis who are in denial mode always.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Your history needs lot of improvements since you have no idea about the "Idea of India" and it's ancient history. This shows your respect towards India.You need to read about the history of China as well.There was no "China" the way it is today. The huge area of Tibet is simply occupied by brute Han Chinese force. Remove Tibet and see what original China was.
You seems to be having lot of respect and love for China and it's "Ideas".You don't know history neither see possibilities in future.This might lead Sri Lanka as oversees Chinese Territory in future.China is indeed ahead of India in many things so no big deal accepting this.India is not Pakis who are in denial mode always.
Idea of India.... The mongols had a idea about ruling the whole world so the whole world is belong to the Mongols! what ever the China is an older nation as India so respect China without that [Idea of India[/I] BS!

your last paragraph reflects the Indian phobia of China in her backyard! This is an direct result of Indian mishandling of her neighbors and treating the neighbors like #$%@!

Even if SL become Chinese colony what's India gonna do?? Nuke SL ?? I think if that happens Indian military should nuke TN politicians and LTTE sympathizers!

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Even if SL become Chinese colony what's India gonna do?? Nuke SL ?? I think if that happens Indian military should nuke TN politicians and LTTE sympathizers!
We'd nuke you much before you become a Chinese vassal, rest assured.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles