India must accept enviable friendship between China and Pak

CCTV

One could have commented if one knew who was Mr N.

INdians have long names.

Not short like Li, Pi and Wu or even Hu.
I'm not sure either. There is why I am asking Roma.

pmaitra

I do not understand what's enviable in the relationship between Pakistan and China, when it's just a mirror image of China's relationship with North Korea. If at all, China has never come to the rescue of Pakistan when the country needed it most.. for eg Kargil or humiliating 1971 war that dismembered the country or the misadventure of 1965. If China did not help Pakistan even when it was about to lose its more populous half, what kind of all-weather friendship are you trumpeting about?

I can recall the fanfare with which Zardari went to Beijing soon after he assumed office with Pakistani media speculating on a huge financial package to haul the country out of its economic quagmire. And China promised little and delivered even less.

Pakistan is like a leech on the hide of the dragon and the relationship is a highly unequal one with little benefit for China. It must be countenancing this minor nuisance only because of the imaginary necessity of having to use the Gwadar port which in a warlike situation would in any case be rendered useless by mines and marauding Indian subs.

Chinese trade with Pakistan is minuscule compared its trade with India or Japan. In that case also there is nothing unique in the relationship.
Exactly. That is what I had said earlier in this thread.

As if India envies Pakistan that it is not able to give Nishan-e-SlaveMaster to the Chinese Premier, or as if India envies PRC for being the country valued only by one country, a country that is associated with terrorism by the rest of the world.

Pakistan is the only country willing to tickle PRC's ego. Nobody else really goes overboard to please the leaders of the PRC.

The thread title is ridiculous. As if India "envies" Pak-PRC friendship. Utter hogwash, I must say. Let Pakistan and PRC keep on dancing Tango. India is glad it doesn't have to be like either party. PRC matters only because it is a powerful military and economic power, but PRC isn't the most liked kid in the block.

CCTV

I do not understand what's enviable in the relationship between Pakistan and China, when it's just a mirror image of China's relationship with North Korea. If at all, China has never come to the rescue of Pakistan when the country needed it most.. for eg Kargil or humiliating 1971 war that dismembered the country or the misadventure of 1965. If China did not help Pakistan even when it was about to lose its more populous half, what kind of all-weather friendship are you trumpeting about?

I can recall the fanfare with which Zardari went to Beijing soon after he assumed office with Pakistani media speculating on a huge financial package to haul the country out of its economic quagmire. And China promised little and delivered even less.

Pakistan is like a leech on the hide of the dragon and the relationship is a highly unequal one with little benefit for China. It must be countenancing this minor nuisance only because of the imaginary necessity of having to use the Gwadar port which in a warlike situation would in any case be rendered useless by mines and marauding Indian subs.

Chinese trade with Pakistan is minuscule compared its trade with India or Japan. In that case also there is nothing unique in the relationship.
Well, if not China , India may acted differently after 2008 Mumbai attacks.

tramp

Well, if not China , India may acted differently after 2008 Mumbai attacks.
The 2008 build up was more a tactical saber-rattling than anything else. If India did indeed want war at that juncture, it could have been easy for India to precipitate a localised skirmish at any point on the border away from areas where China could have intervened. Even a naval skirmish was possible if India really wanted that.

Of course, with the benefit of hindsight, we can postulate what could or could not have happened with no way to verify whose view is right.

I have based my argument on events as they indeed played out.

Hope you will recognize that without that massive funding from the abominable Great Satan, Pakistan would long have become a failed state.

Last edited:

pmaitra

The 2008 build up was more a tactical saber-rattling than anything else. If India did indeed want war at that juncture, it could have been easy for India to precipitate a localised skirmish at any point on the border away from areas where China could have intervened. Even a naval skirmish was possible if India really wanted that.

Of course, with the benefit of hindsight, we can postulate what could or could not have happened with no way to verify whose view is right.
PRC would not intervene directly. If they do, it would bring the US into the picture, fearing a nuclear catastrophe, and voila!

Blackwater

India must accept enviable friendship between China and Pak.

its not friendship, that''s the wrong word:p:p

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Title - enviable friendship between China and Pak.
What is there to envy?

It is a burden that China will have to bear in the same way Christ bore the Cross for the sins of the people.

China will have to bear the Cross for the Sins of Pakistan.

If she overdoes it, she will go Pakistan's way - be bankrupt!

Since the Cross will be heavy to bear!

Dinesh_Kumar

Dear Farhan, point noted.

India accepts friendship b/w China and Pakistan.

Happy now?

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I dont think we have problem of you guys going to bed and play dominant or sub. Since long things are like that and a great pic was posted many times in this forum showing pak and chinese soldiers in deep love friendship.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
@ Farhaan...

We accept your friendship and you will accept $100bn Indo-China trade... :p

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles