India may resort to stapled visa to Tibetans

Discussion in 'West Asia & Africa' started by Rebelkid, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Rebelkid

Rebelkid Regular Member

Headlines Today Bureau
    Monday, August 30, 2010

Agitated by Beijing's denial of visa to a senior Indian Army official and now concerned over the presence of the biggest neighbour's army in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK), India is looking at measures to tackle the Pakistan-China nexus.

After reports of the presence of People's Liberation Army (PLA) in Gilgit and Baltistan regions of PoK, the Indian envoys have been told to compile and report Chinese activities in their jurisdiction, especially in the neighbourhood.

The intelligence agencies have also been asked to provide assessment on the Chinese troops' movement in PoK.

Meanwhile, New Delhi is considering issuing stapled visas for applicants from Tibet and those from areas conceded to China by Pakistan if China persists with stapled visas.

The proposal under consideration by the foreign office has to be cleared by Cabinet Committee for Security.

Recently, China had denied entry to general officer commanding-in-chief of northern area command Lieutenant General B.S. Jaswal saying he was responsible for Jammu and Kashmir, a state that the neighbouring country claims is disputed.

Also, China has been stapling visa to people from Jammu and Kashmir instead of stamping on the passport as it does in other cases. India has already objected to the move but Beijing has been adamant.

India may resort to stapled visa to Tibetans
    ----------------------

Since when did GOI have a spine :happy_2: ?

3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

It is silly to do it in a tit for tat fashion.

India must do it in a more expansive manner. Stapled visa for all non Han people to include those who were classified as 'barbarians' i.e. the non Hans who were later assimilated through the "Chinese way"! It means the Manchus and those South of the Yellow River and the those of Turkish origin etc.

India should also recognise the Falun Gong movement and allow it to establish centres in India and act coy as the Chinese do, about allowing 100 flowers to bloom and such flowery allusions that the Chinese are prone to use without coming to the point.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  4. amoy

amoy Senior Member Senior Member

how will that be feasible if passports don't show Han or Non-Han?

From appearance? Hans look so diversified from west to east, from north to south?

but supporting FLG based in India is a brilliant idea. They'll find suitable soil in India.

5. Ray

Check this:

Chinese Surnames and Genetic Difference from North and South China

Names are sometimes a give away.

Wong (Huang) is the 7th most common surname in China, and in particular, in South China. A population of more than 29 million (2000 estimate) it is also the name of more than 2 million overseas Chinese, many Vietnamese (Huynh) and an estimated 1 million Koreans (Hwang). As different regions of China and Asia pronounce characters (words) in their own dialects, we find different English transliterations of the Wong family name.

India can also ask for areas the Chinese applying for visas come from.

India is a very tolerant country and therefore allowing Falun Gong would be in line of its religious tolerance. It will serve the purpose to inflame the Chinese. ;) :)

6. CS1.6

CS1.6 Regular Member

hahahaha, you are absolutly right, building a FLG base in Indian and call for all Indians to practise FLG!!!!!

i love this idea.

7. Ray

Falun Gong exercises are evil?

If so, how?

8. neo29

neo29 Senior Member Senior Member

We must do this, since China has done the same thinking by providing different visa for Kashmiri's

May be a silly tit for tat but surely a right move. We cant just watch China bullying tactics. Our politicians must look at vietnam, taiwan and south korea who are just minnows in front of China, but still stand up to them.

9. Ray

Falun Gong (alternatively Falun Dafa) is a system of beliefs and practices founded in China by Li Hongzhi in 1992. The practice emerged at the end of China's "qigong boom", a period of growth and popularity of similar practices. Falun Gong differs from other qigong schools in its absence of daily rituals of worship, its greater emphasis on morality, and the theological nature of its teachings. Western academics have described Falun Gong as a "spiritual movement" based on the teachings of its founder, a "cultivation system" in the tradition of Chinese antiquity, and sometimes a new religious movement (NRM). Falun Gong places a heavy emphasis on morality in its central tenets - Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance (Chinese: 真、善、忍). Its teachings are derived from qigong, Buddhist and Taoist concepts.

Therefore, the Chinese rejecting and banning Falun Gong indicates that Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance, qigong, Buddhist and Taoist concepts are wrong and evil!

Maybe the Cultural Revolution and wiping out Chinese by Chinese is right!

The Chinese are afraid of their own shadow it appears!

10. gogbot

gogbot Regular Member

I am asking the same question , seems China finally pushed to far.

11. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

I cannot believe this!! Indian government is showing spine and facing Chinese unlike the cowards that normally sit in the throne of Delhi!:happy_8:. Either I am dreaming or MMS hit his head on his way downstairs.:thinking:

This is great news! I think we must not just issue stapled visas for Tibetans but also for Xingjiang and other non-Han regions as well. Finally after the reports of PLA staking in Occupied POK and Occupied Aksai Chin, the government seems to stop its Communist appeasement policy and listen to serious national issue. I hope they implement the stapled visas rule for once to let Chinese taste their own medicine. Bejing should know that they can test our patience only to this level. Enough is enough.

12. Tshering22

We could simply ask Tibetan officials to join the immigration and tourism boards and help us in differentiating. The government of Tibet seats itself here and we have no shortage of people who can distinguish between Han and non-Hans.

13. amoy

ya I fully support that idea. FLG shall be compatible with benevolent India and all Chinese will shiver in face of such a 'retaliation'

and love the idea of 'stapled visa'. God speed.

14. samarsingh

samarsingh Regular Member

awesome, tit for tat diplomacy. We should do something about the Americans too while we are at it. If higher visa fees paid by our engineers will fund US security( fence US Mexican border and increase patrols along the border), there is no reason why we cannot tax US firms (coke, pepsi whatever) to fence India- Bangladesh border

15. Tshering22

Thank you, dear. We are shivering too when you claim Arunachal and refuse to accept us Sikkimese as Indians. In fact, we climbed a tree in fear that you might start issuing stamped visas for another 5 states in the future.:emot4:

16. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

It seems someone from goi is reading this forum.

17. Ray

No, the Chinese won't shiver.

They will get really ticked off, the same way they are getting totally out of depths with HH The Dalai Lama's presence in India!!

18. Raj Malhotra

Raj Malhotra Regular Member

Hit them where it hurts! Stop or impose duty on say all Air Conditioner imports from China

19. ahmedsid

ahmedsid Top Gun Senior Member

And I thought God Speed was my trademark :)

20. amoy

ya I also love this initiative. pls hike your tariff over China aircon. One of my ex clients is an aircon maker with huge exp to Ind., whom I anyway don't like

by the way a few aircon makers invest in assembly plants in Lahore and probably our Pak friend will start export to India, in which Chinese manufacturers also have a slice of profit anyway.

glad to see more of such tit-for-tat games. lots of fun

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  21. Tshering22

^^ LOL! Why so supportive of us bro?