India may never be a superpower : London school of economics

SPIEZ

Country flag
Hope so because that is your only chance. unfortunately you and generations before were always taught to keep your streets clean in school. But rather learnt uncivilized behavior of throwing your litter on the street from ? ( parents) . Learnt bad traits not from school but from cultural traits. The pan eaters will spit the pan on the walls, the drunk educated parents will drive drunk on the streets.... etc etc. May need 2 generations before it cleanses itself of the horrible traits.

Do you know what, uncivilized behavior also includes many things, leaving parents to alone in the old age, deserting them after they spent their lives and future, plannings for their children. You should also probably include those in the list too.
According to you we may not be civilized, but that's your definition alone.
While there are many people littering public places, there are many people who give their valuable time cleaning it up.
While many take to the streets to beg, there are others who help them individually or through various organisations.
Today few children do not have the ability to go to school, while many people put in their money to get them were they belong aka school.

Don't just run your mouth about attitude, first mind yours

JayATL

Do you know what, uncivilized behavior also includes many things, leaving parents to alone in the old age, deserting them after they spent their lives and future, plannings for their children. You should also probably include those in the list too.
According to you we may not be civilized, but that's your definition alone.
While there are many people littering public places, there are many people who give their valuable time cleaning it up.
While many take to the streets to beg, there are others who help them individually or through various organisations.
Today few children do not have the ability to go to school, while many people put in their money to get them were they belong aka school.

Don't just run your mouth about attitude, first mind yours
that was the most unintelligible reply to a post in here , followed by dimwits thanking you.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Ahh....Not true, some freedoms are worth giving up if the poor are lifted out of poverty.
Dude, its not the freedom that keeps us in poverty but our ignorance. So vote out the CONs, voila superpower by 2025;)

pmaitra

Even civic behaviour can be learned in time, especially with a new generation.
Funny, how you used 'learned,'

Even civic behaviour can be learned in time, especially with a new generation.
Hope so because that is your only chance. unfortunately you and generations before were always taught to keep your streets clean in school. But rather learnt uncivilized behavior of throwing your litter on the street from ? ( parents) . Learnt bad traits not from school but from cultural traits. The pan eaters will spit the pan on the walls, the drunk educated parents will drive drunk on the streets.... etc etc. May need 2 generations before it cleanses itself of the horrible traits.
and, you used 'learnt.'

JayATL is nothing but wanna be gringo.

JayATL = ABCD (American Born Confused Desi)
Nope, JayATL is Indian born. Read above - old habits die hard!

aerokan

Country flag
Unfortunately this article is spot on. The issue as I see it is not lack of intelligence, brain power, innovative thinking etc. that is going to hold India back( India has best and dare say leads in that category). Rather beyond infrastructure ( you can spend and build it all up at some point), but what I fear is cultural traits . My father used to say we Indians lack discipline, disciple and pride in being more civic minded and being civilized period.

Take for example driving a car - when you see another car wanting to come into your lane, what do indian drivers do? something as basic, something that calls for simple courtesy- Indians don't have it in their blood. You are wired to be " chalta he" attitude and wired to be "selfish". Till you have that sense of " shame" like most Americans do, " we don't throw garbage on the streets, it's not cool to do so" ( that thinking), till you take personal pride in how you treat others or interact individually in your real live interactions. I say there is no chance to be a global power...

The very first comment on this post. THE VERY FIRST ONE! --- gives you an insight into what I speak off. It attacked the messengers, the intelligent authors, the pure academia's behind the study vs., looked introspectively. Chalte hai bahi. that bhai's country ruled us close to 7 decades ago hence is anti Indian now... chalta hai
Dude.. get out of the outdated style of thinking. We are not living in 70's. First of all, why do we need to be disciplined?? Do we aspire to be robots listening to someone's commands and following the same everyone else had done before Why should anybody be ashamed of living freely. The basic of a good design is not to impose certain rules and restrictions when faced with a problem. People don't have to restrict their freedoms to conform to certain standards. If there is no flexibility, then it is not good enough design for us. If u can't come up with better solutions than making some more rules, leave us alone. If there is an issue with traffic on the roads, try thinking of driverless cars or get some wings for the cars and take off the roads!! Hell yeah!!! :laugh::laugh:

SPIEZ

Country flag
that was the most unintelligible reply to a post in here , followed by dimwits thanking you.
Maybe I should start whining about Indian attitude, and how India is not USA. blah blah...
Or maybe, I should drag caste into my arguments to make a point.
Even better, instead of posting my pic, I should post a pic of my son and wife and praise the color of their skin, and later ask the mods to delete it. I guess than you would call me intelligent :rofl: :lol: :rotflmao:

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
This is the most laughable piece of report, delving on what may or may not be rather than what is and will be. Methinks the English are just depressed that crappy Eurofighter didn't make it through the MMRCA deal.

p2prada

Funny, how you used 'learned,'

and, you used 'learnt.'

Nope, JayATL is Indian born. Read above - old habits die hard!
Our poor desi does not know the difference. Leave him be.

I used to litter streets when I was young. Nobody told me otherwise but Experience taught me otherwise.

Jay is more interested in other people telling him what to do and what not to do. Maybe his wife did.

So while I learned from experience, Jay learnt it from his Marine wife.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles