India: 'Massive' uranium find in Andhra Pradesh

KS

Bye bye DFI
That mine is a national property. Jagan or Magan can't do a thing about it.
You underestimate the power of politicians down South.....Anyway I think that was said in a sarcastic tone.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
You underestimate the power of politicians down South.....Anyway I think that was said in a sarcastic tone.
I hope BARC and other atomic agencies take over these reserves ASAP before scams start coming out on this as well. Nothing is safe with such a political mentality. The sooner it is under Atomic Commission the better it remains classified as a national energy and security matter.

pmaitra

You know what I would actually suggest a mining policy keeping in mind scarce and fast depleting resources, limit Indian mines to basic use in India. If cost of imported ores are not too high compared to our own, import first. Preserve our resources till everyone else's dries up. It should not be a "stated policy" but an unsaid.
I like this idea. We should preserve our own and import from outside as much as possible.

We should rethink our export of coal and iron ore etc. We should not stop exploration, but keep it for future. In 30-40 years, this policy will pay very rich dividends. Not in terms of making a killing by selling ores in the international market but by having those ores and being able to use it for our own industries while others have none.
I also think we need to tighten our Iron Ore and related exports. We want to be able to export finished products, not pellets and profiles. We may not have the technology to build advanced stuff, but then foreign companies will have to invest and setup shop in India and build products to their satisfaction and export from India. If we got the resources, we should make the most of it.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Now that india has found large reserves Julia Gillard ( Australia ) is gonna rush to sell uraniaum , never mind the npt !

sandeepdg

My friend, you seriously underestimate the importance of a critical national resource like Uranium. Politicians be damned ! By, the way as the old saying goes.... everybody is a tiger is his or hers' lair !

Country flag
Uranium Corp seeks mega push after mega find - Money - DNA

Uranium Corp seeks mega push after mega find.

The recent discovery of a massive uranium deposits at Tummalapalle in Andhra Pradesh, where reserve size might touch 1.5 lakh tonne, making it the largest uranium reserve in the world, has made Uranium Corporation of India rework its priorities in channelling investments.

"We have asked the Planning Commission for Rs4,500 crore (over a billion dollars) and we are expecting that they will agree for Rs2,000 crore (to be spend during the Twelfth Five-Year Plan period), which would be enough for one major project, and most probably it will come up in Tummalapalle area because the prospects are relatively good there," UCIL chairman and managing director R Gupta said on Wednesday.

UCIL is already constructing an underground mine up to a depth of 300 metre at Tummalapalle, and will set up a processing plant with a capacity of 3,000 tonne a day in the first phase.

"The mine and mill project is progressing well and trial runs are expected to start between October and January," Gupta said. With the new discovery, the capacity of the processing plant will have to be doubled at a later stage.

But the company's other projects are facing delays due to opposition by locals.

"Approvals for the project in Gogi in Karnataka is expected after environmental clearance, while land acquisition at Lambapur in Andhra Pradesh has already been initiated but the progress," Gupta said.

pmaitra

OneAfrica TV - News on ONE - Uranium India

OneAfrica TV - News on ONE - Uranium India

Last edited by a moderator:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles