India Launched Surgical Strikes Across LoC: DGMO 29/09/2016

aditya g

Country flag
True - dont be surprised if the footage is not the actual one. It might be that even some changes are made in the equipment used. Its foolish to give away operational details.

I wish we did something like this after Kaluchak. It is a sore spot in my memory
Sorry it took time for me to give you a proper reply. Please remove the sore spot from your memory;

See the video and also my tweets below

People question the wisdom of making SS public ... SF ops should remain classified etc. But incidents like Kaluchak were attack on complete India. Who knows, if ABV Gov had made this operation public, further spectacular incidents may not have happened. Or at the very least, at least good meaning people like yourself would not have nursed the wound all these years.

Imagine the punishment we were dealing them prior to 2003 ceasefire. Sadly, our obssesive secrecy gives away perception war to Pak Army who is able to maintain bravado and invincible image in front of Pak population.

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Haldiram

Country flag
Check out what happened to the Paki hijdon ki fauj in 2007. Must be still happening but such news is always blacked out.....

Taliban capture over 100 Pakistani soldiers in South Waziristan (2007)

The Taliban captured “over 100 security forces personnel after intercepting a military convoy in the Mehsud-dominated tribal area,” Dawn reported.

The Taliban have claimed over 300 Pakistani soldiers were captured by a large Taliban force near Luddah, which is about 25 miles north of Wana, but the highest estimate given by Pakistani sources is 130.

“The Taliban had also impounded 17 trucks which were carrying troops,” Pakistani sources told Dawn.
“Nine of the hostages were reported to be officers including a colonel.”

https://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2007/08/taliban_capture_over.php

And the Porkis claim that their pussy army is one of the best in the world!! :pound: :crazy:
Were these soldiers released for ransom or what happened to them?

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Were these soldiers released for ransom or what happened to them?
The sub unit made hostage was of 7 Baloch Regiment.

One of those soldiers was brutally beheaded by a 12-year-old boy. This gruesome acted was videotaped and distributed to the media as a warning.

They were released in exchange of Taliban prisoners. However, the ISPR put a spin on the shameless surrender by issuing a press statement contending that the soldiers were 'lost and then found'!! Lol! These frikkin idiots can't even lie properly. Jeeeez!

Haldiram

Country flag
The sub unit made hostage was of 7 Baloch Regiment.

One of those soldiers was brutally beheaded by a 12-year-old boy. This gruesome acted was videotaped and distributed to the media as a warning.

They were released in exchange of Taliban prisoners. However, the ISPR put a spin on the shameless surrender by issuing a press statement contending that the soldiers were 'lost and then found'!! Lol! These frikkin idiots can't even lie properly. Jeeeez!
Ha! Yes, I remember that 'lost and found' spin. "Inshalla our boys strayed too far and the good men of the Taliban dropped them home. How kind".

Jaymax

Sorry it took time for me to give you a proper reply. Please remove the sore spot from your memory;

See the video and also my tweets below

People question the wisdom of making SS public ... SF ops should remain classified etc. But incidents like Kaluchak were attack on complete India. Who knows, if ABV Gov had made this operation public, further spectacular incidents may not have happened. Or at the very least, at least good meaning people like yourself would not have nursed the wound all these years.

Imagine the punishment we were dealing them prior to 2003 ceasefire. Sadly, our obssesive secrecy gives away perception war to Pak Army who is able to maintain bravado and invincible image in front of Pak population.

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR
I have never had a better Monday morning. I cant tell you how it felt to just visualize the actions described. Thank you so much :).

It feels good and a part of me now feels quite relaxed, but I guess now I do understand why the powers that be chose to keep it secret.

12arya

Country flag
after the history channel docu, any idea abt the final kill toll of the surgical strikes? some members were saying garuds and artillery were involved ? is it true? immediately after the attack pepl were saying paras were airdropped. the docu doesnt mention any role of airforce or others(i know not all details or majority details r not revealed) since it showed paras walking over to jihadi occupied territory?

Last edited:

12arya

Country flag
@Bornubus @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR @Mikesingh or anyone in the know can reply.
by the way, i apologize in advance, if its wrong to ask it here!

maj suri led a team of the surgical strike. did col kapil yadav (physically, i mean on the ground) led the other team?

im asking this since i read a piece on col yadav which said he led the op on the ground (the article was in hindi script so i might have misunderstood it).

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
What happened to the paratrooper who stepped on land mine? Any info...

aditya g

Country flag
@Bornubus @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR @Mikesingh or anyone in the know can reply.
by the way, i apologize in advance, if its wrong to ask it here!

maj suri led a team of the surgical strike. did col kapil yadav (physically, i mean on the ground) led the other team?

im asking this since i read a piece on col yadav which said he led the op on the ground (the article was in hindi script so i might have misunderstood it).
None of the COs crossed the border....

12arya

Country flag
What happened to the paratrooper who stepped on land mine? Any info...
it was said during the time that his injury was not serious. i believe he was at rashtrapati bhavan to get his medal as well! so he shud b back serving by now. someone here had posted a pic of him walking/marching (like the kickass he is) after the medal ceremony.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Saley ne do water mark laga ke rakehy hain.

Slap on the face of Arun Shorie.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles