India Launched Surgical Strikes Across LoC: DGMO 29/09/2016

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Kill 10-15 immediate family members of ISI officers family, that will have desired effect. More the better.
And fedex their body parts to their shohars and abus like the spetnaz

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
My point is not carrying out surgical strike my point is these high ranking officers in military, bureaucracy and diplomacy should be capable of convincing the political class that yes they can do the strike and manage the crisis later on without any trouble, this is the right and correct way.
Convince the political class?
Errrr...

SanjeevM

Country flag
Yeah, hit those who planned it....... let them feel the pain.
India should not do any such thing. These things are already happening in Pakistan by their own people. We are capable of direct fight on borders. We should only provide moral support to their people in Balauchistan, Sindh and other such places to make sure Pakistan breaks into many pieces. We should continue to raise issues of Pakistan support of terrorism, plight of Balauchi and Sindhi people on all international forums. Press for plebiscite in Balauchistan and Sindh. India should continue to give more freedom to it's Army to deal with Pakistan at boarder. Decisions related to Retaliation or surgical attack should be completely delegated to Army without any intervention from political class. Attacks on Pakistan should now become the new normal everyday. Let their own good terrorists and bad terrorists kill them internally. Let Pakistan crumble under it's own weight.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
The best is to launch a massive arty shelling in pakistani border areas to keep em check.
The problem with this approach is that there will be massive civilian casualties in PoK.
Civilian housing is attached/shares compound with their military/para-military facility and terrorist training camps.
If you use artillery in massive scale the Pakistan will go to international community crying and we will come under intense international pressure.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
My point is not carrying out surgical strike my point is these high ranking officers in military, bureaucracy and diplomacy should be capable of convincing the political class that yes they can do the strike and manage the crisis later on without any trouble, this is the right and correct way.
The problem is our top bureaucrats and political class is not confident that our military can win a (short) conflict with Pakistan or even if we win the (short) conflict, the human and economic losses will be small.
To a point I agree their view. Just look at the initial stages of Kargil.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
The problem with this approach is that there will be massive civilian casualties in PoK.
Civilian housing is attached/shares compound with their military/para-military facility and terrorist training camps.
If you use artillery in massive scale the Pakistan will go to international community crying and we will come under intense international pressure.
That's why I am asking for precision arty shelling.....
Will keep civvies out of danger.

But for all of this we need an iron spine in the political leadership....And an ally in the UNSC

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
The problem is 5g top bureaucrats and political class is not confident that our military can win a (short) conflict with Pakistan or even if we win the (short) conflict, the human and economic losses will be small.
To a point I agree their view. Just look at the initial stages of Kargil.
Kargil war was 20 years back.
After operation parakram,army and the armed forces have learnt a lot of things.
Our counter insurgency operations are going very well,(go figure).
We must have perfected the cold start.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
That's why I am asking for precision arty shelling.....
Will keep civvies out of danger.

But for all of this we need an iron spine in the political leadership....And an ally in the UNSC
Bloody Pakistani are not worth the money spent of such shells.
A single Excalibur shell cost $258,777 average per unit while Krasnopol cost about Rs 15 lakh per piece.

SanjeevM

Country flag
Bloody Pakistani are not worth the money spent of such shells.
A single Excalibur shell cost $258,777 average per unit while Krasnopol cost about Rs 15 lakh per piece.
Can india bring the cost of shells down? I remember during Kargil war we had to rush to South Africa for shells for artillery. Can we mass produce them and bring the cost very low?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
India should not do any such thing. These things are already happening in Pakistan by their own people. We are capable of direct fight on borders. We should only provide moral support to their people in Balauchistan, Sindh and other such places to make sure Pakistan breaks into many pieces. We should continue to raise issues of Pakistan support of terrorism, plight of Balauchi and Sindhi people on all international forums. Press for plebiscite in Balauchistan and Sindh. India should continue to give more freedom to it's Army to deal with Pakistan at boarder. Decisions related to Retaliation or surgical attack should be completely delegated to Army without any intervention from political class. Attacks on Pakistan should now become the new normal everyday. Let their own good terrorists and bad terrorists kill them internally. Let Pakistan crumble under it's own weight.
I would say provide financial support for medical and legal needs.......

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Can india bring the cost of shells down? I remember during Kargil war we had to rush to South Africa for shells for artillery. Can we mass produce them and bring the cost very low?
Now that we have developed Sudarshan laser-guided bomb we can use the same know how (principle) for laser guided artillery shells.
I believe we even have know regarding how to isolate/remove from the shell spin that imparted due to rifling (FSAPDS in Arjun MBT).
We are very much capable to develop laser guided artillery shell. The question is reliability. How effective can we make our electronics resilient to G force. I believe we even have expertise to a certain degree in this field.

What I am looking out for development in field satellite guided munition using Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS). I believe their is work going on for development of Integrated Circuit for navigation using IRNSS.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
The problem is our top bureaucrats and political class is not confident
Because they are not confident on themselves. Actually they do not want to give credit to forces that is the problem. Ego problem!

Indian Sniper.001

Country flag
Interesting. I mean, atleast the Army top brass is actually talking about it. We definitely have come a long way from the time where the Army had to literally ask for permission to retaliate.

Jay99

Country flag
Lt Gen D Ambu Says "Indian Army Will Repeat Surgical Strike If Needed

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
I doubt that escalation will ever come this level. When Indians couldn't do anything in Mumbai attack (150 killed), Pathankot and several beheading why do think they will conduct Air strikes lol

Indians by nature lack initiative and an ability to take risks.
Mindset of Congi regime was totally defeatist. Mumbai attacks were a golden opp to finish off Pak. We could have destroyed Karachi port for supporting terrorists. But they were serial ass kissers and did not escalate. But if such an incident happens under Modi regime response would be different

Global Defence

New threads

Articles