India Launched Surgical Strikes Across LoC: DGMO 29/09/2016

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
These are logistics nightmare, low rate of fire thus require in good Numbers to be effective (volly fire) and will take months to operationally deploy in plains let alone in mountainous areas.

Also, i doubt this was ever inducted in Army but only Wikipedia fanboy page rumors.
What according to you is the best answer/solution to paki ceasefire violation ?????

According to me it is operation MEGHDOOT2.0

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
What according to you is the best answer/solution to paki ceasefire violation ?????

According to me it is operation MEGHDOOT2.0

To inflict casualties on their army, civilians and infrastructure and regularly violating their sovereignty in POK. They should always live on edge and fear Indians like the way Indians feel about Chinese when they deliberately transgress Indian territories.

Also, this is not true that Pakis always violate the Cease Fire. It is also happen from this side. 2013 Indian troops beheadings were the result of local Indian commander (Maratha Li) was too aggressive.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
To inflict casualties on their army, civilians and infrastructure and regularly violating their sovereignty in POK. They should always live on edge and fear Indians like the way Indians feel about Chinese when they deliberately transgress Indian territories.

Also, this is not true that Pakis always violate the Cease Fire. It is also happen from this side. 2013 Indian troops beheadings were the result of local Indian commander (Maratha Li) was too aggressive.
I does not matter we did it or not,pok is our legitimate territory.
Can massive artillery fire combined with precision bombing carried out by drones or jet fighters suffice

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
I does not matter we did it or not,pok is our legitimate territory.
Can massive artillery fire combined with precision bombing carried out by drones or jet fighters suffice
I doubt that escalation will ever come this level. When Indians couldn't do anything in Mumbai attack (150 killed), Pathankot and several beheading why do think they will conduct Air strikes lol

Indians by nature lack initiative and an ability to take risks.

Flame Thrower

Unfortunately, it's better not to touch PoK till next Indo-Pak war...

We can do Surgical Strikes, border skimmers, fire assaults....

Claiming entire PoK back is only possible during or after Indo-Pak war

Krusty

Country flag
This war of attrition has to stop. It's rediculous. Every single Indian soldier lost is a defeat for us no matter how many of those gutter rats died in exchange. Are we that afraid to escalate? Or is it politics? Regardless, we lose face with every single Indian lost. I'm not even sure if there is any Long term plan that's in the pipeline.

And two surgical strikes in a week? Did I read that correctly ?

SanjeevM

Country flag
In History we know how Maharaja Ranjeet Singh ruled and no Mugal ruler had courage to fight him. You know why?

It is said that during the war, his army would burn large pyres of fire. His army would catch hold of enemies and throw them in the burning fire alive.

The enemies had a religious belief that after death in war, once they are buried, they will go to heaven and will stay happily with seven hoors. Once they knew that Maharaja Ranjeet Singh's army is burning them alive and they won't get burial, they would run away out of fear.

If india can make a rule to burn all terrorists by throwing kerosene oil on them and no burial allowed, no matter which religion terrorists belongs to, this terrorism problem will be immediately solved.

rishivashista13

Country flag
In History we know how Maharaja Ranjeet Singh ruled and no Mugal ruler had courage to fight him. You know why?

It is said that during the war, his army would burn large pyres of fire. His army would catch hold of enemies and throw them in the burning fire alive.

The enemies had a religious belief that after death in war, once they are buried, they will go to heaven and will stay happily with seven hoors. Once they knew that Maharaja Ranjeet Singh's army is burning them alive and they won't get burial, they would run away out of fear.

If india can make a rule to burn all terrorists by throwing kerosene oil on them and no burial allowed, no matter which religion terrorists belongs to, this terrorism problem will be immediately solved.
It will be helpful .
But at the end of the day some human rights will start shouting that this is anty muslim .

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

SanjeevM

Country flag
It will be helpful .
But at the end of the day some human rights will start shouting that this is anty muslim .

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk
Where are rights groups when innocent civilians as well as army men are killed by terrorists. Question of rights should arise when a person is alive. How we r disposing a dead body should not have any questions. It can be debated world wide. It's the easiest solution world wide.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
The best is to launch a massive arty shelling in pakistani border areas to keep em check.
I agree! Instead of physically sending troops to raid their hideouts, we need to keep bashing their camps and launch pads with heavy artillery. We have real time videos being taken by our CARTOSAT series satellites every 90 minutes. The swath covered by these high resolution PAN cameras is 9.6 km and the spatial resolution is <100cm.

So we can easily acquire and direct heavy and accurate 130mm and 155mm artillery fire on these camps everyday, 7 days a week - with practice ammo. No 81mm or 120mm mortars which are small change.

But do our politicos have the balls to give us the green signal?

Last edited:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I don't understand one thing:

why these officers and servicemen remember doing surgical strike only after they get retired. Can't they convince the leaders when they are in active service and do the strike? They end up into some institution of defence and become writers of such articles. It's of no use!

DivineHeretic

Country flag
I don't understand one thing:

why these officers and servicemen remember doing surgical strike only after they get retired. Can't they convince the leaders when they are in active service and do the strike? They end up into some institution of defence and become writers of such articles. It's of no use!
It is not that straightforward. Remember in 2011-12 (or 12-13), there was a period of massive cease-fire violations, including accusations by Pakistan that Indian troops had violated the LOC. The reality was that the brigadier had ordered a ghatak assault on a pakistani post that was hindering construction work on a new bunker. The brigadier was courtmartialed for his aggressive stance.

Make no mistake, the inclination of the ruling political class has a direct impact on the force posture of the senior officers, and on the army as a whole. Till 2013, permission from corps HQ was necessary to even retaliate to even platoon level cease fire violations, and corps HQ needed to explain the clearance to MoD. The retaliation also had to be proportionate too.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
It is not that straightforward. Remember in 2011-12 (or 12-13), there was a period of massive cease-fire violations, including accusations by Pakistan that Indian troops had violated the LOC. The reality was that the brigadier had ordered a ghatak assault on a pakistani post that was hindering construction work on a new bunker. The brigadier was courtmartialed for his aggressive stance.

Make no mistake, the inclination of the ruling political class has a direct impact on the force posture of the senior officers, and on the army as a whole. Till 2013, permission from corps HQ was necessary to even retaliate to even platoon level cease fire violations, and corps HQ needed to explain the clearance to MoD. The retaliation also had to be proportionate too.

My point is not carrying out surgical strike my point is these high ranking officers in military, bureaucracy and diplomacy should be capable of convincing the political class that yes they can do the strike and manage the crisis later on without any trouble, this is the right and correct way.

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
I say combined Arty and boots meaning

Combine massive Arty stikes followed by capture of their post and hold them in other words move the LOC furthe and further till it blends with the state line of NWFP

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Kill 10-15 immediate family members of ISI officers family, that will have desieffect. More the better.
How about a deadly massacre in Pak army hq leaving at least 100 dead????????
That will detoriate Pak armys image before it's public

Global Defence

New threads

Articles