India is Pakistan - Google Urdu Translation

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Google Translate, the translation service of Google, has allowed a major blunder to creep into its service when anyone attempts to translate 'India is my country' to Urdu. Because, what comes out in Urdu text is 'Pakistan is my country'.

If the reverse process is attempted by pasting the same Urdu text for translation into English, what comes up is 'Pakistan is my country.'

It seems more of a mischievous error than a mechanical one as no other reference to India is translated to Urdu as Pakistan in this facility.

Thus, if one writes 'All Indians are my brothers and sisters' it translates correctly — which can easily be verified by going in for the reverse translation process. The same applies for 'I love India', which too translates correctly.

But the moment one tries to link the word country to India the translation suddenly goes awry and India becomes Pakistan in the Urdu version.

In Google's Urdu, India is Pakistan - The New Indian Express

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Looks like a paki is working in Google's Urdu translation department. He showed his pakiness.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Google should know where it's future business will come from. It is prone to anti india gaffes. Be it maps or anything.

nirma1230

google urdu translation is

english: attention please
urdu: کی توجہ براہ مہربانی

its totally wrong, and some time its translation make me lough..
translationservicesworld.com

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Google translation is never accurate. I have said this numerous times, cut them some slack. Google is no god, they are allowed to have errors. And if Google is so bad, why don't anyone else try to develop & commercialize better services than them?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles