India is not competing with China in space programme: Kasturirangan

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/bangalore/india-is-not-competing-with-china-in-space-programme-kasturirangan/article4331532.ece
"We have our own space, our own priority. India's space programme is directed as per the requirements of the Indian government," said Dr Kasturirangan, former ISRO Chairman

Former Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Chairman and noted scientist K Kasturirangan has said that India is not competing with China in space programme and the country has its own space activity.

Dr Kasturirangan said "we are not competing with China. We have our own space, our own priority. India's space programme is directed as per the requirements of the Indian government."

He was speaking to The Hindu after submitting a final report of the Karnataka Knowledge Commission to Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar, here on Monday evening.

Replying to a question on China forging ahead of India in science and technology, he said "in many things we have scored very high, particularly in providing socio-economic benefits through use of science and technology."

Noting that the government has allocated adequate budgetary allocations for ISRO and science and technology to undertake space programmes, Dr. Kasturirangan said "we have got best satellites in the world. Rockets we have developed are contemporary and Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle is in a class by itself."

To a query on transponders, he said "it is a challenge to ISRO to build transponders capacity"¦so that it can quickly catch up with the requirements". "Requirements are larger than the current capacity the ISRO provides," Dr. Kasturirangan, who is also a member of the Planning Commission, said.

Stating that the country needs to step up research and development in water utilisation and generation of more energy to meet demand-supply gap, he said "we need to step up R&D in water recycling, exploration, hydrological mapping, optimisation of water use and water management. India will likely to become water stress."

Since the economy is registering eight per cent GDP growth rate, the energy sector should grow at six per cent to tackle shortage in electricity. "We need to have fuel linkages and R& D in second and third generation of fuels such as bio-fuel, battery stem and more electric mobility. We have to look up the issues in a holistic way," he said.

"India needs to step up research and development in water utilisation and generation of more energy to meet demand-supply gap" said Dr K. Kasturigangan. File Photo: V Sreenivasa Murthy

satish007

Re: India is not competing with China in space programme: Kasturiranga

He said "in many things we have scored very high, particularly in providing socio-economic benefits through use of science and technology."

Indian Chinese should work and explore space together.
so far China only spends money while India is making money.
image once our planet is destoried, where can we go...

pmaitra

He said "in many things we have scored very high, particularly in providing socio-economic benefits through use of science and technology."

Indian Chinese should work and explore space together.
so far China only spends money while India is making money.
image once our planet is destoried, where can we go...
Why will our planet be destroyed? :confused: We are talking of space exploration, not a nuclear war!

satish007

Why will our planet be destroyed? :confused: We are talking of space exploration, not a nuclear war!
Many stuff,stars able destroy our earth or make it unlivable

huaxia rox

Dr. Kasturirangan said "we have got best satellites in the world. Rockets we have developed are contemporary and Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle is in a class by itself."
can anyone enlighten me what satellites is dr Kasturirangan talking about???

looks like we got some major unknown unknowns going on in india and its space tech...........some best satellites in the world........

nimo_cn

Country flag

can anyone enlighten me what satellites is dr Kasturirangan talking about???

looks like we got some major unknown unknowns going on in india and its space tech...........some best satellites in the world........
India has got too many secret programs running behind the scene, we never know what kind of miracle they are going to pull off, let us wait and see.

huaxia rox

thats why i hope some indian members here who may happen to be some insiders to shed some light on what dr Kasturirangan was actually talking about......

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag

Why in the above pic Dr Kasturi is looking more Chinese than Indian??????

And yes we have many programs running which cannot be revealed as various nations such as Israel, France etc are involved!! ;)

huaxia rox

1 maybe you dont know what looks is more close to chinese or indian...

2 is that supposed to be an answer???

3 of course i know you whole space program comes from Israel EU and russia and the US without doubt but do you mean Israel or France got some better space tech than the US???i thought american satellites are the best.....

maomao

Country flag

1 maybe you dont know what looks is more close to chinese or indian...

2 is that supposed to be an answer???

3 of course i know you whole space program comes from Israel EU and russia and the US without doubt but do you mean Israel or France got some better space tech than the US???i thought american satellites are the best.....
Unlike, China we do not Steel and copy or LIE.....hence getting a better tech is out of the question because we are developing our own tech, yes we do partner to assist other countries!

Below is a video of FAKE Chinese program and LIES!

Hence we cannot compete with such programs filled with lies and deception! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

maomao

Country flag

MUST WATCH!!

huaxia rox

Unlike, China we do not Steel and copy or LIE
......which freaking planet do you actually live in??? the planet where india got the best satellites in the world? not the earth at least..........

Testimony on Cooperation in Space and Missiles
In 1965, the Indian government asked NASA for design information about the Scout. The request should have raised some eyebrows. It came from the head of the Indian Atomic Energy Commission. Nevertheless, NASA obligingly supplied the information. Kalam then proceeded to build India's first big rocket, the SLV-3, which was an exact copy of the Scout. The first stage of the SLV-3 is now the first stage of the Agni missile.

France

Licensed production of sounding rockets in India
Supplied the liquid-fuel Viking rocket engine, now the "Vikas" engine of the PSLV second stage
Tested Indian-produced Vikas engine in France
onec liar always liar.....you dont copy......my ass......you dont lie......you always do......thats how you got the best satellites in the world?

Tolaha

@huaxia rox: China, the sixth nation to reach the lunar surface. Respect, man!

huaxia rox

btw......which chinese rocket is copy while indians copy rocket and rocket engine techs????

and you havent answered me the single question......Dr. Kasturirangan said "we have got best satellites in the world. .." what the ---- was he actually talking about???

given the facts how many times you shot the GSLV in a funny way (need video??) which has probably been proven to be the most falurest rocket in human history although with heavy help from russians....your only working rocket PSLV can only send some very small satellites into the space..............so what are the best satellites that you have the capacity to launch in the 1st place?

Last edited:

huaxia rox

@huaxia rox: China, the sixth nation to reach the lunar surface. Respect, man!
the only thing i respect when debating is facts.......

and this specific thing is not even about who is 3rd 4th 5th but who is the best and probably 1st.....

Tolaha

the only thing i respect when debating is facts.......

and this specific thing is not even about who is 3rd 4th 5th but who is the best and probably 1st.....
Good you decided to add the second line later. Glad to know your google-equivalent-search-engine works! :yey:

huaxia rox

any way my indian friend....can you answer my question???what is ' best satellites in the world' india got??? dont tell me its some moon probe thing........american manned missions only failed once......and the indian unmanned ones went overheated and then disappaired.......

we cant call thats the best unmanned moon probe can we.....

nimo_cn

Country flag

any way my indian friend....can you answer my question???what is ' best satellites in the world' india got??? dont tell me its some moon probe thing........american manned missions only failed once......and the indian unmanned ones went overheated and then disappaired.......

I believe he was refering to the best satellites on earth they are going to build in the future.

Tolaha

and the indian unmanned ones went overheated and then disappaired.......

Which unmanned Indian one? Are you referring to the one that discovered presence of water on moon? That one was lame isn't it? For sure, if not the Americans, the Chinese would have already discovered it with their best satellites. Chinese launch dozens of satellites so obviously they would have done numerous path breaking discoveries that changed the way humans look at space. The Chinese might have chosen not to boast about the discovery of their best satellites, but that doesn't prove anything, does it? Are there any more such amazing but secret discoveries by the best of the best Chinese satellites that you are aware of?

huaxia rox

dont dodge my question.....chinese space scientists never said we got the best settallites in the world.......if who says that we call him a shamless liar.....

while indian ISRO chief said india got the best satellites in the world.........i dont know what on earth he was referring to.....so i asked for the answer???

can you help me find the answer???

if you wanna compare chinese space tech to whatever country.....no problem.....to derail this thread.....no problem too.....i only wanna know.....do you have the answer???

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles