India increases millitary budget or shut up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikSha

I totally agree the war is not the way to prosperity. But sometime China just has no choice, it is almost no way for a super power rise peacefully, it never happened in human history before. If one day we have to fight, please prepare well this time, be a qualified enemy

Get over it. Your country isn't a super power, US will remain one for a long time. Your competition pretty much is with India if you are going to TRY controlling this region.

Also, stop trolling. Find a pakistani forum if you want to continue, they love these retarded discussions which involve mental masturbation and lead to nowhere in the end.

houde10000

Country flag
what you want to tell me with a map come nowhere?

Tibet was never your land it was always recognized as an independent country.

ttp://www.rangzen.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/map_afinley01det_md.jpg

I don't know what you want to tell me with a map come nowhere. If you don't trust chinese government or university site, please check British or US university libary to find old Chinese map between 1200 ~ 1949.

Byway, answer me couple questions, please:

1) Dalai Lama is only one of Tibetan religious leader, there are still another 2 peer Lamas. Dalai Lama always he is religious leader, if Tibetan always be an independant country, tell me who is the king? where is he? If Dalai is the king, answer me why he has to be chosen by Beijing's government and anounced as Dalai Lama, an independant country works like that?

2) Why foreign visit Tibet has to get Beijing's permission (like today's visa), otherwise, it is illegal.

3) Why any treat related Tibet, British has to ask Beijing or Nanjing's chinese government to sign. McMahon line, Chinese government never signed it, so even British government not recognized it as a legal border.

4) Why Dalai Lama is a Chinese citizen? His parents, grandparents and himself ... all were born in Qinghai, a no doubt Chinese inland province, how come Chinese government can anounce a Chinese citizen to be a foreign country's king?

A.V.

tell me something seriously how do you know so much about indian vision for the future which even we dont know your apparent vision is abstract ,incorrect propaganda and non existent what india is looking for is self sufficiency in every field may it be education,growth,supplies or even military if you term it to be something that is directed against china then you are living in a fools paradise.
competion for growth always existed and will continue in a healthy manner competition does not mean war but alas you fail to see this you just want to point out how much china is spending and how much india is spending does it matter?

you said you have access to all the western news and even the chinese ones bring me the link for how much china spendss in exact numbers dont tell me to ask japanese and korean and british people if i go by your logic then they must be knowing more about china than you also all these international media reports and publishes a full load about the chinese human rights violations and other chinese piracy work and bullshit why dont you consider them to be true also i can give you 10000 links by foreign nationalities who regularly publish crap about china do we care? no we dont need to let china be happy in its virtual world of warcraft and photoshop.and engage in other defence forums where you go to by leaving your brain behind in the closet.

i dont want to undermine the chinese they are a hard working race and deserve praise for their effort which the west fails to give them but just blindly accepting illogical news and debate is not my habbit .

i am waiting for the exact link dont post any further without providing me the official breakup and link of your defence spending

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Houde, you have a larger military budget because you have many enemies, unlike India. You have to factor in Taiwan, Vietnam, US and India into your military planning. Besides, China is an expansionist and aggressive country. India isn't. India has never invaded any country since 1947, but you have invaded India, Vietnam and the USSR, while providing covert support to the North Koreans against the US in the Korea War. It's natural that you need a bigger budget to fuel your expansionist military ambitions.

India, on the other hand, is content with the status quo and does not wish to expand its borders by military action. We also have only China and Pakistan to deal with, as we have no troubles with the US. Therefore, we don't need a gigantic military budget. However, we need to have enough to defend our country and deter any Chinese military aggression, which is why we have developed nuclear weapons and missiles that can hit Beijing and Shanghai in case you go to war against us.

Country flag
british map of Tibet as a separate country but i see you have a comprehension problem

TIBET WAS NOT A PART OF CHINA

houde10000

Country flag
get 2 links for you

U.S. Says China's Defense Spending Is Rising Fast - washingtonpost.com

China's official military budget grew nearly 18 percent in 2008 to $60 billion, although the Pentagon estimates spending at $105 billion to $150 billion. Its 2005 military budget was 10 times as high as the 1989 budget, and if current trends continue, the 2009 budget will nearly double the 2005 figure, according to the report, mandated annually by Congress.

China announces double-digit military spending boost | World news | guardian.co.uk

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Byway, answer me couple questions, please:

1) Dalai Lama is only one of Tibetan religious leader, there are still another 2 peer Lamas. Dalai Lama always he is religious leader, if Tibetan always be an independant country, tell me who is the king? where is he? If Dalai is the king, answer me why he has to be chosen by Beijing's government and anounced as Dalai Lama, an independant country works like that?

2) Why foreign visit Tibet has to get Beijing's permission (like today's visa), otherwise, it is illegal.

3) Why any treat related Tibet, British has to ask Beijing or Nanjing's chinese government to sign. McMahon line, Chinese government never signed it, so even British government not recognized it as a legal border.

4) Why Dalai Lama is a Chinese citizen? His parents, grandparents and himself ... all were born in Qinghai, a no doubt Chinese inland province, how come Chinese government can anounce a Chinese citizen to be a foreign country's king?
The Indian government has accepted Tibet as part of China. However, that does not give China the license to oppress the Tibetians. The riots last year in Tibet were proof of China's repressive policies towards Tibetians. Tibetians are not even allowed to have a picture of the Dalai Lama in their homes. The Tibetian nomads have been forcibly made to change their lifestyle by taking away their livestock and designating all land as government land, which prohibits their livestock from grazing there. Han Chinese have flooded Tibet because of policies of Chinese government so much so that in Lhasa today, Han Chinese outnumber Tibetians when the military and non-Tibetian migrants are considered. The Chinese government's treatment of Tibet during the Cultural Revolution is also well known.

Country flag
Indian government may have accepted it but many Indians and the TIBETANS have not so the issue has not been solved and i think Indian government should change their view and not support Tibet being part of China at all, and support any international efforts for a free and independent TIBET.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
LF,

Not even the Dalai Lama advocates complete independence. No point in being more loyal than the Queen!

Country flag
For China to pretend that Tibet never existed is a lie,or propaganda that China is trying their best to coverup.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Like so many other falsehoods, it now has become a reality. You cannot ask for China to give up Tibet just as you cannot ask the creation of Israel to be undone.

Sailor

I might as well answer this in my dumb Aussie way.

If this was football we were talking about, what would happen in a country Australian town is that a town team would ask the next town if they would get a football team together so they have someone else to play. The first team then gives all the advice it can to the second team so that they build up and become a credible adversary.

Applying this to war which is what the military is for, I would have thought that it was in the interests of anyone to have a weak neighbor.

houde10000

Country flag
I see totally different view

Houde, you have a larger military budget because you have many enemies, unlike India. You have to factor in Taiwan, Vietnam, US and India into your military planning. Besides, China is an expansionist and aggressive country. India isn't. India has never invaded any country since 1947, but you have invaded India, Vietnam and the USSR, while providing covert support to the North Koreans against the US in the Korea War. It's natural that you need a bigger budget to fuel your expansionist military ambitions.

India, on the other hand, is content with the status quo and does not wish to expand its borders by military action. We also have only China and Pakistan to deal with, as we have no troubles with the US. Therefore, we don't need a gigantic military budget. However, we need to have enough to defend our country and deter any Chinese military aggression, which is why we have developed nuclear weapons and missiles that can hit Beijing and Shanghai in case you go to war against us.
India is not peaceful country, not as good as you said:

1) after 1947, you invaded Pakistan and dismembered her into two countries: Pakistan and Bangladesh.

2) India annexed Sikkim, a free Tibetan kingdom,

3) India force Nepal to sign unfair treaty to control Nepal's foreign and millitary affair.

4) India took 2/3 of Kashmir land, use army to bloodly squash local muslin majority choose to join Pakistan.

5) forward policy to nibble Chinese Tibetan land during Chinese-US Korea war and 3 year natural disaster 1959~1962.

6) Supprt LTTE first, then use LTTE as excuse, Invaded Sri Lanka

7) Ride roughshod over Bhutan.

Hope what I list could give a different view about your country.

1) Korea is Chinese door, 1000 year, Japan invaded China from Korea, there is no choice for Chinese to protect Korea. No matter Korea is good or bad, we not allow a Japanese, American boot on that land. Remind you where is Korea, what you think American will do if Chinese army invade Mexico.

2) Russian had force old Chinese government signed unfair treaty to cede over 2 million square kilo land, and USSR separated Mongolia (1.67 million square kilo land) from China. You said China invade USSR, are you blind or crazy?

3) Chinese spent over 20 billion dollars between 1956 ~ 1975 to help Vietnam to get reunited and independant from France and American hand. Just like what Chinese did in Korea, after the war, Chinese didn't leave even 1 soldier, 1 millitary base in Vietnam after 1975. Tell me you logic, there were over 350,000 chinese troop fought in Vietnam during the war, where were they after 1975, what you mean invade Vietnam? Vietnam has big ambitions to conquer cambodia, China always help the small country, we punished Vietnam to save Cambodia, I don't know what you mean invade Vietnam?

4) You said India has good friendship with US, I agree, we used to be very close friend before USSR crashed. If China were crashed, who will be American's next virtual enemy? maybe India? good luck!

Sailor

This guy is a classic. HAHAHAHAH! Ride roughshod? Watching American movies.
But a good writer and knows some stuff. I'm gunna give him a THANKS for effort.
THANKS

A.V.

I AM WAITING FOR THE CHINESE MILITARY BREAK UP BUDGET IN DETAILS WHICH WAS THE ORIGINAL IDEA OF THE THREAD WHERE IS IT?
discuss one point at a time in one thread dont go here and there discuss military budgets of china and india here only why bring in kashmir if you want to discuss kashmir and sikkim open a new thread and we will burst your bubble on the kashmir issue

A.V.

This guy is a classic. HAHAHAHAH! Ride roughshod? Watching American movies.
But a good writer and knows some stuff. I'm gunna give him a THANKS for effort.
THANKS
sailor a thanks form me too for being the biggest troll and flamer that dfi had in its short life
lol:2guns:

Sailor

I think he should stay Inv. Gives guys something to shoot at at the rifle range.
Good writer and I don't think he is deliberately flaming anyway.

Aussie 'Olympics winning' perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles