INDIA ICC World Cup Champions. Congratulations India.

Who Do You Think Will Win The World Cup?

• Total voters

SHASH2K2

Controversy is fun mate.. another way to make cricket more popular..

I am going to watch this time and i ll support Australia :)
May god bless your poor soul and pathetic team which you are going to support .:crystalball:

Oracle

Ganguly suprised at Sreesanth's omission from World Cup squad

KOLKATA: With the selectors opting for a spin-oriented side for the World Cup, former India captain Sourav Ganguly on Monday said he was surprised to see in-form pacer S Sreesanth overlooked from the 15-man squad.

Ganguly termed it a gamble to pick only one wicketkeeper in skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni for the extravaganza that will continue in the sub-continent for about 40 days.

The selectors picked the World Cup squad in Chennai as they chose to include four medium pacers in Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Praveen Kumar and Munaf Patel, while for the wicketkeeper's slot they picked only Dhoni while ignoring Parthiv Patel, Dinesh Karthik and Wriddhiman Saha.

"It was a gamble by the selectors to pick one wicketkeeper in Dhoni. If he picks up an injury during the World Cup and is unable to keep, then who will stand behind the wicket?" Ganguly wondered questioning the selectors' decision.

The IPL discard also criticised the decision to ignore Sreesanth who had a memorable Test series in South Africa.

"It's really surprising to see Sreesanth out of the side despite his recent form and performance," he said here.

The exclusion of middle-order batsman Rohit Sharma also raised a few questions but Ganguly said the decision did not surprise him.

"He (Sharma) is a talented player. But it seems after getting enough chances he failed to gain the selectors' confidence. You have to perform at top level to get noticed. But he got many chances unlike many other talented youngsters but failed to impress."

Asked about the big hitting Yusuf Pathan's selection for the all-rounder's spot, Ganguly said: "I don't think he has already proved himself. However, he is the best possible choice we have right now."

Recalling his knock against New Zealand in the Bangalore turnaround, Ganguly said: "Yusuf can be a match winner. When he gets going, he can win any match single handedly. He is a very useful player in these conditions."

Ganguly, however, refused to pick any favourites to win the World Cup.

"Pressure will always be there. At this level the players are used to this situation. It's difficult to pick any particular team. India, Sri Lanka, Australia, South Africa, England - all these teams are doing well and are the favourites. It is their performance over the 40 days that will count," Ganguly said.

India are clubbed in Group-B in the world Cup along with Bangladesh, England, South Africa, West Indies, Ireland and The Netherlands.

India will play the inaugural match of the World Cup against Bangladesh in Mirpur on February 19.

Source

prajapati

Country flag
The selectors have done a good job , i must say

Now its upto player form and abilities they have chosen the best 11 possible

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Damn! No Sreesanth!! I am not going to watch this world cup :D
this chap needs to mend his ways else he could very well bid good bye to this stint with the indian team for ever and be just limited to the forth coming 3 seasons of ipl.

all in all a decent pick, though a question mark on yuvi but then this chap just needs one good knock and he is right up there. 6 sixes in an over, anyone?!

Oracle

this chap needs to mend his ways else he could very well bid good bye to this stint with the indian team for ever and be just limited to the forth coming 3 seasons of ipl.
Team India should be using Sreesanth in Tests more than ODIs. The way he makes his face after he delivers the ball, the batsman is sure to get out. If not, he slangs his way into talking wickets. And tests mature cricketers more than ODIs and T20s.

all in all a decent pick, though a question mark on yuvi but then this chap just needs one good knock and he is right up there. 6 sixes in an over, anyone?!
Ritesh, Yuvraj needs to control his temper when in the field. Most often he gets out after he loses his cool. And also he's not in form. If 1 decent knock can bring back his form, I would say give Dinesh kartick a chance, instead of Yuvraj. But the optimistic me still hopes Yuvi is back in form, since he is in the squad.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Team India should be using Sreesanth in Tests more than ODIs. The way he makes his face after he delivers the ball, the batsman is sure to get out. If not, he slangs his way into talking wickets. And tests mature cricketers more than ODIs and T20s.
issue with him is not what he says on the field to opposition but the way he conducts with in the team, which is where he needs to follow what he is told and if he cant do that there is enough bench strength to fall back upon. he has been warned earlier quite a few times in the past and then had his career pretty much wrapped up but if this time he is not ready to follow as he is told then his stint with the indian team would have seen the last of it. its his choice in making.

Ritesh, Yuvraj needs to control his temper when in the field. Most often he gets out after he loses his cool. And also he's not in form. If 1 decent knock can bring back his form, I would say give Dinesh kartick a chance, instead of Yuvraj. But the optimistic me still hopes Yuvi is back in form, since he is in the squad.
though yuvi could have had his contacts that did wonders for him since he is pretty well connected but still mate yuvi and dinesh being equated when in form, no ways! more than dinesh one feels for rohit but even he has hit the rough too often, consistency is where he comes wanting.

Blackwater

Indian cricket team can;t and don't have abilty to win world cup. I fear that she will win in her first game against bangla bros

Oracle

During the 1983 WC, no one in their wildest dreams thought India would go on to win it. But since 2003, every time India plays the WC, the hope rises unbound. It is because of individuals players in the team, who single handedly can make a difference. This time also, it is no different. On paper India is the best team, although SA and SL too are some of the best contenders. Let's hope the best team wins, and may it be India.

pakeeza1990

indian Team is the best for the world cup 2011 and it will also win the Cricket world Cup 2011 suplendidly and my all the prayers are with them hope they will perform well on the ground

pakeeza1990

Who is the Favourite For the Cricket World Cup 2011 ?

i request to all the people to give their comments that who will win the Cricket world Cup 2011 ? here are the some Options Plz Select one

Australia
India
Pakistan
South Africa
England
Srilanka
or
Newzealand

PLZ GIVE YOUR OPINION

warriorextreme

Country flag
i dont care who wins if all matches are nail biting...ODIs are getting boring day by day and very few ODI are nail biting..
i wish only test cricket and 20-20 formats are continued from next year :)

warriorextreme

Country flag
indian Team is the best for the world cup 2011 and it will also win the Cricket world Cup 2011 suplendidly and my all the prayers are with them hope they will perform well on the ground
woaa i see this first time in my life :O
thanks me too hope they win

Parthy

Air Warrior
Indian cricket team can;t and don't have abilty to win world cup. I fear that she will win in her first game against bangla bros
The current squad has the ability to win against any team in the world provided the top order fires.... Its mostly lies with how Sehwag kick-starts the game...

natarajan

dhoni,yuvaraj,raina all of them are in worst form and dhoni ,you need not count him as batsman as he wont be getting runs better than zaheer.dhoni and yuvaraj needs to bat and get alteast 40 average in wc.My squad will be
combination 1: sehwag,sachin,gambhir,kohli,yuvaraj,yusuf,harbhajan,dhoni,zaheer,munaj,praveen.
We miss irfan pathan

piyush chwala,ashwin,raina,nehra (all together 15 member squad)

Last edited:

Parthy

Air Warrior
ICC World Cup 2011 is going to be a another Shame for India ??

Eden Gardens not ready for World Cup?

The first scheduled match on February 27 at the Eden Gardens, Kolkata between India and England has been shifted, according to sources on Thursday.

Earlier, Eden Gardens had twice missed the deadline for stadium completion and the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) had asked for a renewed deadline till Feb. 5.

The International Cricket Council (ICC) has given a renewed deadline till Jan. 31 for completion of the stadium as Eden is lagging behind in construction work.

However, CAB president Jagmohan Dalmiya earlier had expressed confidence that renovation work at the Eden Gardens will be completed well before Feb. 27.

The ICC had previously raised concerns about progress of Eden's renovation work after the CAB failed to meet the November 30, 2010 deadline.

The famed Eden Gardens is scheduled to hold four matches in the World Cup.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournaments/icc-world-cup-2011/top-stories/Eden-Gardens-not-ready-for-World-Cup/articleshow/7372146.cms

warriorextreme

Country flag
news flash is that eden garden has been cancelled as a match venue for ind vs eng and that match is moved to bengaluru

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles