India has to take military steps against Pakistan to deter terror attacks

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
Ajit Doval, after holding a Sunday morning meeting, is supposedly drawn up some Action Plan.
Northern Command, senior military sources said, has begun assessing plans to strike Pak Army positions that are suspected to have facilitated the infiltration of jihadist groups through the LoC, using special forces or artillery. In addition, New Delhi is also considering deeper strikes on training camps across the LoC, as well as the use of intelligence assets to target commanders responsible for the Uri attack.
http://indianexpress.com/article/in...r-soldiers-at-a-time-of-our-choosing-3038242/

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

sachin458377

Country flag
I don't know what our government is doing. But i know one thing if this time our current government did not take any concrete steps then i will quit all these types of forums.

vayuu1

Country flag
Good article! Here is my take on it.

As I said earlier Pakis are upto something specially after Balochistan was internationalized recently and Pakis were caught by surprise.They answred in the way they could ie. sending some cowards as "non-state-actors". After getting free from Zarb-e-kabz or butchering their own people Pakis have put their full energy on JK.

In todays world sometime big powers don't fight directly. Remember the way Russia punished Turkey when Turkey shot down Russian plane.Turkey earns a lot by tourism and Russians tourists are major chunk.I saw a program how Turkish hotel industry were so baffled/nervous since they saw big decline in Russian tourists and wanted to have good relations with Russia.Recently even Afgans rejected Paki made stuff and 800 of Paki Mills got closed.Afgans recently refused Pakis trade route to other countries.

India needs to punish Pakis more in Economic terms specially the top brass of Pak ISI/Army since they make the plans to be in power and rule their jahil kaum.Pak Army always look for war every 10 years since it keep them in power and existence.

So below is my Action Plan for now instead of a knee jerk reaction by us:-
  1. Hurt their Economy (Water/Local & Intl Sanctions etc and specially CPEC)
  2. Collaborate more with Afghans/Irani in both Economy and Military platforms.
  3. Thrash the Separatists/Wahabi Terrorist Muftis in J&K.Don't show mercy since we got all proof.
  4. Ban Burqa Dutt/WKK type low level anti-nationals who are used by Pak retired generals.
  5. Keep Military options open anytime for real covert operations and response.
  6. Balochistan issue to be raised even more and give them "moral support".
  7. Review Business with China since our money is indirectly used to help Pakis.
  8. We "common" Indians should also reject Chinese crap as much as possible.I do same.
  9. We 1.25 Billion country have to do something and can't expect Ghana to help us.
  10. Tell US clear that they also have to do much more to keep Pakis in check.

========================================================================================
@Abhijat @A chauhan @Alien @alphacentury @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @Bharat Ek Khoj @blueblood @brational @Bangalorean @Blackwater @Bornubus @bose @cobra commando @DingDong @DFI_COAS @ersakthivel @fooLIam @gpawar @guru-dutt @hit&run @HariPrasad-1 @Indx TechStyle @jackprince @Kharavela @Illusive @I_PLAY_BAD @LETHALFORCE @Lions Of Punjab @maomao @Mad Indian @OneGrimPilgrim @Peter @piKacHHu @pmaitra @porky_kicker @Razor @raja696 @Rowdy @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @saty @sydsnyper @Srinivas_K @Screambowl @sorcerer @Simple_Guy @Sylex21 @wickedone @tarunraju @TrueSpirit2 @thethinker @vayuu1 @VIP @Vishwarupa @VIP @Varahamihira @roma @Navnit Kundu
Indus treaty jaaye bhaad main, paani rok do.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

armyofhind

Country flag
Moving up the Brahmos regiments closer to the border during the times when Chinese satellites aren't present overhead.
And then launching a full on strike against the terror camps in POK.

No warning to the pigs there. And total roasted pork chop thereafter.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
How is this attack any worse than Pathankot? If we did not retaliate then, what indications are there that we'll retaliate now?

Just as after every attack, well discuss the pros and cons, simply for nothing to come out of it.

We discuss things that need to be done to ensure we are capable of retaliation - why is this done post an attack? Is our establishment asleep otherwise? Why do they not take steps to ensure we are not constrained in our ability to respond?

We must learn to accept the hars truth - that for whatever reason (which itself can be and has been discussed to death), we are either incapable (not necessarily in military terms) or unwilling to retaliate.

I don't know what our government is doing. But i know one thing if this time our current government did not take any concrete steps then i will quit all these types of forums.
I did quit after Pathankot, I came back after Modi mentioned Baloc - hoping things were turningn around. This will test that hypothesis - though I see little hope.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Prasun K. Sengupta made the following statements about the developments and how we should proceed -

" If you want to know where the launch-pad for such infiltrations is located, then here it is:

There you go! I have now shared the target coordinates with everyone! That's the launch-pad located between the Uri-Poonch bulge. There are 2 options now: Either destroy this entire PA Battalion HQ through a 3-hour field artillery fire-assault, or plan a surgical campaign aimed at capturing & keep for good the Haji Pir Pass. Nothing else will hurt the PA the most. Launching surgical strikes against suspected terror camps won't achieve anything since such camps are makeshift & mobile. The objective instead should be to cause permanent damage to the PA's infrastructure within PoK bas was done in August 1965 through OPERATION FAULAAD. If Turkey's military can occupy lands within northern Iraq & Syria in defence of its own national interests, India too can & must, since in any case the UN had clearly stated in 1948 that PoK is an integral part of the state of J & K which had legally acceded to India in October 1947 & therefore any Indian military operation to be mounted will be well inside Indian territory (i.e. PoK) & legally this does not constitute any violation of international law. It's high time India's ruling political elites & ill-informed journalists grasp this reality once & for all. "

++

" What ceasefire agreement??? LoLz! There was NEVER any ceasefire agreement in writing along the LoC. It was just a verbal declaration by both India & Pakistan in November 2003 to observe the ceasefire. This verbal declaration was NEVER put into writing. I continue to be amused & flabbergasted by any effort to declare Pakistan a terrorist state. Where is the need for such a declaration? Did Turkey wait for Iraq & Syria to be declared as terrorist states since the 1980s just so that it can send its troops to fight the Kurds inside northern Iraq & Syria? Where exactly is the need for such a bleeding-heart attitude that craves for Pakistan being declared a terrorist state by the rest of the world? Why should India await the permission of the whole world to liberate its own territory that has been illegally occupied by the enemy? Why did A B Vajpayee not realise & accept this elementary fact-of-life when he decreed that the IA & IAF should not cross the LoC in 1999? After all, that was a God-given opportunity to go as far as Skardu & Khapalu because the PA was then in denial about its involvement & therefore did not bother to even inform the PAF & PN about OP Badr & as a result, India's military could have totally seized the initiative at that time to liberate vast chunks of Baltistan & capture the Haji Pir Pass as well.

The stark fact-of-life is that India's ruling politicians have NEVER understood the true meaning of military power & without this, no one can become a practitioner of the use of military power as an instrument of state policy. And such ignorance continues till this day!!! What else can explain India totally missing the point when Pakistan's Federal Interior Minister was lecturing Rajnath Singh in Islamabad about the the legality of militarily supporting an armed insurrection as part of a wider 'freedom struggle'? To anyone with even average IQ, this for all intents & purposes was the 'green light' being shown by Pakistan to signal its determination to militarily support the efforts of JeM & LeT inside J & K. This was the original intelligence failure, & not what transpired later. Therefore, in my eyes, India's entire national security establishment has collectively failed to interpret such clear signals from Pakistan & this to me is most mind-boggling.

Let's hope within the next 24 hours there will be swift & brutal retaliation by at least raising to the ground that PA Battalion HQ that I had earlier identified as the target. "

++

" Anger & gambles NEVER delivers anything productive. Cool-headedness & shrewd calculations on the other hand produce the desired results. That's why my recommendation is to strike across, seize & hold the real-estate across the LOC that is rightfully India's property, even as per UNSC resolutions. "

++

" What escalation? The PA is today spread out throughout the western frontier astride the Durand Line & 53% of the personnel resources of the PA are all committed there. And most of them are all NLI personnel who are only good for guard duties since they don't possess any warfighting spirit. The PA's deployment across the LoC is therefore extremely thin now & the numbers aren't sufficient for the PA to withstand any limited offensive AirLand campaign of India. The LoC is not a border, only a temporary ceasefire line as per international law & either party can violate the ceasefire where & when it suits them. The only way of countering any violations of the LoC is to occupy dominating heights so that the enemy hasn't got any visual means of observing what's happening on the Indian side. In both the Uri-Poonch Bulge & the Leepa Valley Bulge, the dominating heights are held by the PA & hence they have a huge advantage in monitoring the IA's LoC patrolling routines. Take this advantage away from the PA & it then becomes a sitting duck. Hence my recommendation is to seize & occupy for good all these dominating heights, especially the Haji Pir Pass. And since Pakistan calls these areas as 'Azaad Kashmir', it cam't accuse India of attacking sovereign Pakistan territory since the IA & IAF won't be crossing the IB, but only the LoC & that too for liberating that piece of territory that belongs to India as per the UNSC resolutions. So if India goes on the offensive, let's see how many 'Azaad Kashmiris' take up arms to defend their country. "

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=3545138702780178046&postID=3789181605656779357
Hay can you give the coordinates of their launch pads and military HQ's

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
1.Declare it an act of International terrorism and a war against it,

2.Stop water supply asap, this alone will bring them to knee, unless they promise to avoid terror as a tool,

3. Attack PA bases where Jihadis have been accommodated,

4. Attack PoK terror camps,

5. Declare Pakistan a terrorist state in Indian Parliament via a motion.

Wait for the results...

sachin458377

Country flag
Still no news from any source that our government has retaliated to the uri attack. It seems this is going to be same old story, this time if government did nothing then am sure patriotics has to pack their bags and move from our beloved country. It will be proved that we have become cowards and its no worth just boiling your own blood when your government has become deaf and dumb.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Prasun K. Sengupta made the following statements about the developments and how we should proceed -

" If you want to know where the launch-pad for such infiltrations is located, then here it is:

There you go! I have now shared the target coordinates with everyone! That's the launch-pad located between the Uri-Poonch bulge. There are 2 options now: Either destroy this entire PA Battalion HQ through a 3-hour field artillery fire-assault, or plan a surgical campaign aimed at capturing & keep for good the Haji Pir Pass. Nothing else will hurt the PA the most. Launching surgical strikes against suspected terror camps won't achieve anything since such camps are makeshift & mobile. The objective instead should be to cause permanent damage to the PA's infrastructure within PoK bas was done in August 1965 through OPERATION FAULAAD. If Turkey's military can occupy lands within northern Iraq & Syria in defence of its own national interests, India too can & must, since in any case the UN had clearly stated in 1948 that PoK is an integral part of the state of J & K which had legally acceded to India in October 1947 & therefore any Indian military operation to be mounted will be well inside Indian territory (i.e. PoK) & legally this does not constitute any violation of international law. It's high time India's ruling political elites & ill-informed journalists grasp this reality once & for all. "

++

" What ceasefire agreement??? LoLz! There was NEVER any ceasefire agreement in writing along the LoC. It was just a verbal declaration by both India & Pakistan in November 2003 to observe the ceasefire. This verbal declaration was NEVER put into writing. I continue to be amused & flabbergasted by any effort to declare Pakistan a terrorist state. Where is the need for such a declaration? Did Turkey wait for Iraq & Syria to be declared as terrorist states since the 1980s just so that it can send its troops to fight the Kurds inside northern Iraq & Syria? Where exactly is the need for such a bleeding-heart attitude that craves for Pakistan being declared a terrorist state by the rest of the world? Why should India await the permission of the whole world to liberate its own territory that has been illegally occupied by the enemy? Why did A B Vajpayee not realise & accept this elementary fact-of-life when he decreed that the IA & IAF should not cross the LoC in 1999? After all, that was a God-given opportunity to go as far as Skardu & Khapalu because the PA was then in denial about its involvement & therefore did not bother to even inform the PAF & PN about OP Badr & as a result, India's military could have totally seized the initiative at that time to liberate vast chunks of Baltistan & capture the Haji Pir Pass as well.

The stark fact-of-life is that India's ruling politicians have NEVER understood the true meaning of military power & without this, no one can become a practitioner of the use of military power as an instrument of state policy. And such ignorance continues till this day!!! What else can explain India totally missing the point when Pakistan's Federal Interior Minister was lecturing Rajnath Singh in Islamabad about the the legality of militarily supporting an armed insurrection as part of a wider 'freedom struggle'? To anyone with even average IQ, this for all intents & purposes was the 'green light' being shown by Pakistan to signal its determination to militarily support the efforts of JeM & LeT inside J & K. This was the original intelligence failure, & not what transpired later. Therefore, in my eyes, India's entire national security establishment has collectively failed to interpret such clear signals from Pakistan & this to me is most mind-boggling.

Let's hope within the next 24 hours there will be swift & brutal retaliation by at least raising to the ground that PA Battalion HQ that I had earlier identified as the target. "

++

" Anger & gambles NEVER delivers anything productive. Cool-headedness & shrewd calculations on the other hand produce the desired results. That's why my recommendation is to strike across, seize & hold the real-estate across the LOC that is rightfully India's property, even as per UNSC resolutions. "

++

" What escalation? The PA is today spread out throughout the western frontier astride the Durand Line & 53% of the personnel resources of the PA are all committed there. And most of them are all NLI personnel who are only good for guard duties since they don't possess any warfighting spirit. The PA's deployment across the LoC is therefore extremely thin now & the numbers aren't sufficient for the PA to withstand any limited offensive AirLand campaign of India. The LoC is not a border, only a temporary ceasefire line as per international law & either party can violate the ceasefire where & when it suits them. The only way of countering any violations of the LoC is to occupy dominating heights so that the enemy hasn't got any visual means of observing what's happening on the Indian side. In both the Uri-Poonch Bulge & the Leepa Valley Bulge, the dominating heights are held by the PA & hence they have a huge advantage in monitoring the IA's LoC patrolling routines. Take this advantage away from the PA & it then becomes a sitting duck. Hence my recommendation is to seize & occupy for good all these dominating heights, especially the Haji Pir Pass. And since Pakistan calls these areas as 'Azaad Kashmir', it cam't accuse India of attacking sovereign Pakistan territory since the IA & IAF won't be crossing the IB, but only the LoC & that too for liberating that piece of territory that belongs to India as per the UNSC resolutions. So if India goes on the offensive, let's see how many 'Azaad Kashmiris' take up arms to defend their country. "

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=3545138702780178046&postID=3789181605656779357
Strategic base ... my arse. If only our politicians gave the green light to Indian Army, that base would soon see my Indian Army brothers sipping tea in next 48hrs. Ghosh, I can't fathom how our Armed forces is losing jawans just because of these political BS rant every time, there same rhetoric that we will do something. I think surgical strikes will not do any good, as they will reestablish the infrastructure. @Gessler is right we need to cripple them or take over that area. At this point I don't even care about UNSC, if US can do world policing then who is the Goodness world is stopping us to do policing in Asia/Pacific. Now I am no general, but I think the plan of action should be to retaliate using 100 % sanctions and surgical strikes on there key Launchpad to cripple there entire geography of the area, fear will do the rest to them.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Still no news from any source that our government has retaliated to the uri attack. It seems this is going to be same old story, this time if government did nothing then am sure patriotics has to pack their bags and move from our beloved country. It will be proved that we have become cowards and its no worth just boiling your own blood when your government has become deaf and dumb.

It was a rumour

Buddy, when WE '' ghus ke marne waley'' did not even dare to cross LOC during Kargil WAR!! You think our impotent government will do it now.

Even if it was Bangladesh, they would have bombarded the hell out of Paki NLI and Baloch redgiment by now.

I am 100% in a belief that only under a woman PM India will retaliate. If Priyanka Gandhi was our PM, she would have become a Chandi Durga by now.

sachin458377

Country flag
It was a rumour

Buddy, when WE '' ghus ke marne waley'' did not even dare to cross LOC during Kargil WAR!! You think our impotent government will do it now.

Even if it was Bangladesh, they would have bombarded the hell out of Paki NLI and Baloch redgiment by now.

I am 100% in a belief that only under a woman PM India will retaliate. If Priyanka Gandhi was our PM, she would have become a Chandi Durga by now.
Lets hope our present government is not impotent

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
yeh toh haal hai security ka ... or baat karte hai BC ghus ke marne ki

We are in state of war.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles