Free Karma

Re: India eyes Finland for tech cooperation to give 'Make in India' bo

@ghost Fantastic post!

Last edited by a moderator:

jouni

amoy

hola @jouni guess u've read a lot of anti-Chinese badmouthing, u see, even in a supposedly Finn-Hindi bhai bahi thread Indians wouldn't let go of a chance n take a break. :D

an antidote at your discretion - the truth is Chinese unlike fraternal Europeans, would rather Indians leave us alone - they shall have focused on improving ties with their South Asian peers Bangladesh Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Nepal, the Maldives and contributed constructively more to reguonal prosperity. actually those smaller neighbors of India must be very sympathetic with the sense of insecurity under the shadow of a big (but poor ) neighbor.

back to Finland perhaps it'd be great Finland can open up more for immigrants (financially self-supportive) to sustain further growth. just my 2 cents.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

jouni

hola @jouni guess u've read a lot of anti-Chinese badmouthing, u see, even in a supposedly Finn-Hindi bhai bahi thread Indians wouldn't let go of a chance n take a break. :D

an antidote at your discretion - the truth is Chinese unlike fraternal Europeans, would rather Indians leave us alone - they shall have focused on improving ties with their South Asian peers Bangladesh Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Nepal, the Maldives and contributed constructively more to reguonal prosperity. actually those smaller neighbors of India must be very sympathetic with the sense of insecurity under the shadow of a big (but poor ) neighbor.

back to Finland perhaps it'd be great Finland can open up more for immigrants (financially self-supportive) to sustain further growth. just my 2 cents.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2
Maybe India and China are like Sweden and Finland: always picking on each other, but deep down love each other. Regarding immigrants you are right, we could take more. Most immigrants come from Estonia because the language is the same. Now there are talks about opening more because Finns are getting old, workforce diminishing.

Generally Finns link Chinese to Japanese and image is very good, civilized, polite and friendly. Image about Indians is different, they are more light hearted and superstitious and also friendly.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Image about Indians is different, they are more light hearted and superstitious and also friendly.
could you explain the superstitious part ?

jouni

could you explain the superstitious part ?
In the eighties was very popular movie "temple of doom" , it showed Indians as superstitious and also showed some religious cult. Of course it was just a movie, but there was a lot of talk later. Also Finnish TV shows reportage about snake charmers etc.

In contrast from China is always showed hardworking but serious people. Those Images stuck even if they are not true.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

In the eighties was very popular movie "temple of doom" , it showed Indians as superstitious and also showed some religious cult. Of course it was just a movie, but there was a lot of talk later. Also Finnish TV shows reportage about snake charmers etc.

In contrast from China is always showed hardworking but serious people. Those Images stuck even if they are not true.
So it's a PR issue, that's ok. It's true we couldn't spend enough on PR before to improve the image.

amoy

Maybe India and China are like Sweden and Finland: always picking on each other, but deep down love each other. Regarding immigrants you are right, we could take more. Most immigrants come from Estonia because the language is the same. Now there are talks about opening more because Finns are getting old, workforce diminishing.

Generally Finns link Chinese to Japanese and image is very good, civilized, polite and friendly. Image about Indians is different, they are more light hearted and superstitious and also friendly.
U see, East Asians incl. Chinese are mostly no-nonsense people. :lol:

Your parallel of China vs. India with Sweden vs. Finland is interesting. If my memory is correct Denmark + SW + FI once were in the same nordic kingdom.

I'm a Chinese thus perhaps biased against India. However, if u observe NEUTRALLY u'll find in Indian narratives on DFI Indians try to portray themselves as victims in every spat with neighbours invariably :lol: But when u drill down the history deep enough, South Asian imbroglios will surface in different perspectives, such as the Kashmir dispute btwn Pakistan and India, India dismantled Pakistan by "liberating" East Pakistan (isn't Donetsk a déjà vu? :lol:), India intervened in Sri Lanka civil war (Tamil Eelam), and treaties India imposed on Nepal/Bhutan for them to accept India's "guidance" , :namaste:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

I know you are a hollywood fan, but seriously. :rofl:

There is a lot more (good and bad) about China. I seriously suggest you stay away from Hollywood if you want to learn the real world.

thethinker

Country flag

India portrayal has been receiving a promotion steadily in Hollywood. We have graduated from being snake charmers and mud huts to slums and overflowing sewers.

Who knows, may be in next 50 years they will show India as a bunch of buildings, airports, cafe shops and malls! :namaste:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Your parallel of China vs. India with Sweden vs. Finland is interesting. If my memory is correct Denmark + SW + FI once were in the same nordic kingdom.

I'm a Chinese thus perhaps biased against India. However, if u observe NEUTRALLY u'll find in Indian narratives on DFI Indians try to portray themselves as victims in every spat with neighbours invariably :lol: But when u drill down the history deep enough, South Asian imbroglios will surface in different perspectives, such as the Kashmir dispute btwn Pakistan and India, India dismantled Pakistan by "liberating" East Pakistan (isn't Donetsk a déjà vu? :lol:), India intervened in Sri Lanka civil war (Tamil Eelam), and treaties India imposed on Nepal/Bhutan for them to accept India's "guidance" , :namaste:
I must say I admire the Chinese for being the smartest and most cunning of people. Also you are right Chinese are no-nonsense people like the japs, muslims etc., we on the other hand are emotional.

Btw good try at painting the whole history of the region (bolded part), in a single sentence without analyzing/maliciously ignoring the dynamics at play and ground realities.
Also it would be better if you save the chinese preacher role, as you still have the log in your eye, even though you have so kindly volunteered to remove the speck in ours.

Last edited:

amoy

I must say I admire the Chinese for being the smartest and most cunning of people. Also you are right Chinese are no-nonsense people like the japs, muslims etc., we on the other hand are emotional.

Btw good try at painting the whole history of the region (bolded part), in a single sentence without analyzing/maliciously ignoring the dynamics at play and ground realities.
Also it would be better if you save the chinese preacher role, as you still have the log in your eye, even though you have so kindly volunteered to remove the speck in ours.
The analyzing and dynamics and ground realities can be left with readers themselves to do / search.

Did I preach anything? Isn't it just a small recap of major events? If anyone is really interested they can easily expand their views by browsing further to formulate their own opinions.

jouni

Finland was part of Swedish Kingdom back them, when largest also Baltic, part of Russia, Denmark and Norway were part of that Union.

I must admit that I don't know the history of your region perfectly, I remember some news few years ago about some massacre of civilians/ fighters in Sri Lanka. But that's all, Afghanistan is in the news but not much else

My personal observations come from working 1997 six months in Singapore, this is how I saw it then:

Chinese in Singapore: Top dogs, but quite materialistic, Chinese Architects in my office

Indians in Singapore: Great food always friendly, don't remember any in the office, reminded sometimes Malaysians.

Filippinos in Singapore: humble christians, like finns, respected them a lot.some architects in the office

I still remember the secretary in the office, she was Singapore an Chinese, beautiful always wearing a lot of jewellery, self confident maybe even too much.

Just remembering, don't want to offend anybody...loved Singapore

Last edited:

jouni

At least give a caption so people know what you mean.
This photo reminds me the movie "temple of doom"

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag

Self delete ...

Last edited:

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag

Yes it is positive for India, but it also shows general public in Finland how poor your country is, if half the population has no toilet and are dirty.
degradation of human wastege is problem in europe cause of temp. . The average temp for degradation of it is 25c. Which is easily available in india. in medieval age none was much interested in toilets then. Everybody enjoyed open space and it also played role as fertilizer too.
now in 1947 we achieved freedom and not even 1 crore has access to toilets but now almost 61 crores have access to toilets
it means in 66 years we build toilets 61 times than that of we achieved freedom.
now tell me what was rate in europe in same period
so we build almost 1 crore toilets per year and many of european country's population is 1 crore.
and yet you call india poor when we are 10th economy in the world.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

jouni

degradation of human wastege is problem in europe cause of temp. . The average temp for degradation of it is 25c. Which is easily available in india. in medieval age none was much interested in toilets then. Everybody enjoyed open space and it also played role as fertilizer too.
now in 1947 we achieved freedom and not even 1 crore has access to toilets but now almost 61 crores have access to toilets
it means in 66 years we build toilets 61 times than that of we achieved freedom.
now tell me what was rate in europe in same period
so we build almost 1 crore toilets per year and many of european country's population is 1 crore.
and yet you call india poor when we are 10th economy in the world.
We are also constantly developing toilets to make life in the Arctic easier.

jouni

Haven't watched it. Tried watching the latest Indiana jones movie, the krystal skull movie... was hilarious enough.

Then i chanced upon this video a few days back. :pound:
This one is for krystal skull movie, maybe they will make one for temple of doom too.

Everything Wrong With Indiana Jones & The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull - YouTube
That movie is really lousy...Temple of doom is much better. BUT It depicts India in quite a bad light. Maybe Kissinger was consulting the screenwriters.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles