India eyes Finland for tech cooperation to give 'Make in India' boost

jouni

Re: India eyes Finland for tech cooperation to give 'Make in India' bo

Finnish companies should take advantage of this opportune time. With India now preparing to compete China as a global manufacturing hub, Finnish companies should invest more in India for manufacturing . This way, you can also take advantage of our behemoth market . Finnish companies do have a very good reputation for longevity and good quality of there products .Even though now not fully Finnish, Nokia still dominates Indian Mobile market by a huge margin (I still use my 4 year old Nokia :) ).

Technical cooperation between our high end IT companies like TCS, Infosys etc who offer unmatched low cost- High value services and Finnish companies (Banking , IT ) would also be very promising .
There is always room for trade expansion.
TCS News & Events: Press Release : TCS selected by Nokia as a global IT partner
TCS News & Events: Press Release : Three-time #1 spot in client satisfaction drives growth for TCS in the Nordic region
I think it was TCS who got a little bit bad rep in Finland for bringing in Indian engineers who sat beside Finnish engineers for half a year and learned the work. Then Finnish engineers were sacked.
I think Finns should try to keep the edge over India and China in creativity, that's our strength over you guys. Then we could work together to bring this knowhow to your public sector schools and healthcare. The problem with manufacturing is that a lot of it will be done by robots in the future, so the factory could be in Finland with our cheap energy. You must also take the step up from cheap labor manufacturing.

Srinivas_K

Country flag

I think it was TCS who got a little bit bad rep in Finland for bringing in Indian engineers who sat beside Finnish engineers for half a year and learned the work. Then Finnish engineers were sacked.
I think Finns should try to keep the edge over India and China in creativity, that's our strength over you guys. Then we could work together to bring this knowhow to your public sector schools and healthcare. The problem with manufacturing is that a lot of it will be done by robots in the future, so the factory could be in Finland with our cheap energy. You must also take the step up from cheap labor manufacturing.
You are correct !!

Cheap Manufacturing is the thing of past, present day scenario is more inclined to high tech fields.

Research and Innovation is the main thing. India is attracting many R&D centers these days.

Regarding job stealing by Indians, Indians are good at programming they come with cost advantage, reason why they get the jobs.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Finnish companies should take advantage of this opportune time. With India now preparing to compete China as a global manufacturing hub, Finnish companies should invest more in India for manufacturing . This way, you can also take advantage of our behemoth market . Finnish companies do have a very good reputation for longevity and good quality of there products .Even though now not fully Finnish, Nokia still dominates Indian Mobile market by a huge margin (I still use my 4 year old Nokia :) ).

Technical cooperation between our high end IT companies like TCS, Infosys etc who offer unmatched low cost- High value services and Finnish companies (Banking , IT ) would also be very promising .
There is always room for trade expansion.
Off-topic :
Welcome back, how did ur exams go?

apple

I think that your region is where Europe was 70-100 years ago. Then the regional powers of Europe France, Great Britain, Germany and Russia were constantly in power struggle resulting to two catastrophic world wars. Europe learned from it ( Russia excluded ) and binded former enemies together with economic unions. It baffles me why you great ancient powers of Asia cannot fathom these basic principles, but instead harbour these constant hostilities.

It cannot be religion or cultural thing, neither it makes any economic or humanitarian sense. Well, maybe Europe is just harvesting fruits of longer chain of right decisions by some right men in right places at the right time.
Some in Asia can't be learned and refused to be told. India will continue to alienate all its neighbours and insult all that approach it. Indians are becoming the new Arabs.

Frankly, We dont need any aid from any foreign country. If you really wanna contribute to India , INVEST in India . Help us in making Infrastructure here, Give us ToTs for major industrial machines.
Given your countries lack of toilets and offensive class system, yes, you really do need aid from countries whose citizens are concerned with humanity.

And transfer of technology... educate yourselves and design/ buy what you need. Taking short cuts i.e. transfer of technology is the loser option.

ladder

Country flag

Some in Asia can't be learned and refused to be told. India will continue to alienate all its neighbours and insult all that approach it. Indians are becoming the new Arabs.

Given your countries lack of toilets and offensive class system, yes, you really do need aid from countries whose citizens are concerned with humanity.

And transfer of technology... educate yourselves and design/ buy what you need. Taking short cuts i.e. transfer of technology is the loser option.
And who roams Australia? Ask the Chinese :rofl:

jouni

BIOLAN - DRY TOILETS

Maybe these Finnish dry toilets could help India fighting hygiene issues. They are easy to assemble and odorless. They could be more decorative to suit better Indian taste, but developing is not a problem. Maybe they could be branded as "Ganges model II".

ladder

Country flag

BIOLAN - DRY TOILETS

Maybe these Finnish dry toilets could help India fighting hygiene issues. They are easy to assemble and odorless. They could be more decorative to suit better Indian taste, but developing is not a problem. Maybe they could be branded as "Ganges model II".
We have bio-toilet technology already.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Given your countries lack of toilets and offensive class system,
Do you see indian members pointing out sub-par treatment of natives by Australia. Keep to the topic mate.

Focus on positives .

After all if a big war does break out, we are going to be fighting on the same side. May be time has come to appreciate each other's strengths.

jouni

I think Finnish companies are gonna invest to India in the future in any case. You have growing middle class, educated labour and stable society. What else do you need? Hopefully in the future there is some joint R&D and other value adding joint ventures also.

Dhairya Yadav

BIOLAN - DRY TOILETS

There are working EcoSan Toilets in Kerala . Its our fault that we are not expanding the project.

jouni

Indian company Mahindra holiday & resorts bought a share of Holiday Club, a Finnish company. Good to see co op also in other areas than IT.

Holiday Club | Holiday Club Resorts

Dhairya Yadav

Says who ? May I remind you, Its always priority for India to have good relations with every country in the world. If we want to alienate our neighbors, Why did we invite Heads of the states of Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Mauritius and most importantly - PAKISTAN for the swearing in ceremony of our Prime Minister?

Oh yea? Its not that the lack of toilets is due to lack of money. Its due to ignorance of the Govt. The new Govt. is working hard to complete the promises it made to the people. I will again say, WE DONT NEED ANY AID FROM ANY COUNTRY. We might be poor, but we have enough to complete such projects. What we do need is investments to upgrade our aging infrastructure.
Do you even know how much India contributes to other countries ? In Afghanistan people prefer Indian project more than US/NATO's because we are able to understand there prime needs. India has given more than $2.5 Billion to Afghanistan , much of it is actually investment , not aid.
Also if you dont know, India has till now contributed more than $10 Billion to EU to help them overcome the present financial crisis.

Your ignorance about India is clearly visible in this statement. We are in a all-time war situation with Pakistan, we have a major military threat on the other border. If we take time to develop indigenous tech, Im just thinking of consequences. You yourself said above we need help of other countries, now you say this. Stop Contradicting yourself.

If not ToT, do you advocate copy pasting style of China? :rofl:

Dhairya Yadav

True, but as of now cheap manufacturing is the only option of India. You can certainly keep your creativity edge over China, but in future you will have good competition with India. Indian Education System is one of the best in the World. What US kids study in 12th grade we study in 10th grade (saw this myself). Our education system is based more on practical applications of knowledge , rather than theoretical based education of China .

jouni

Kaksinkertainen posti

Last edited:

Srinivas_K

Country flag

Kaksinkertainen posti
Finnish Hankala asti julistaa matittaa !!

(Used a translator don't mind if the sentence does not make sense !!)

jouni

True, but as of now cheap manufacturing is the only option of India. You can certainly keep your creativity edge over China, but in future you will have good competition with India. Indian Education System is one of the best in the World. What US kids study in 12th grade we study in 10th grade (saw this myself). Our education system is based more on practical applications of knowledge , rather than theoretical based education of China .
Be careful...

If you think the business competition from China is hard now, brace yourself. It will likely get tougher in about 20 years or so. And how is China doing it? By borrowing a page from Finland.

At first blush, though, it would appear that China is simply lightening up.

"The Ministry of Education plans to lessen the heavy workload," said CCTV, China's state television network explained in a post on the English version of its website.

Under the proposed guidelines, which are still under discussion, "primary schools may no longer set any form of written homework for students in grades one to six," said CCTV, "Instead, schools should work with parents to organize extracurricular activities and after-school assignments, including museum tours and library study."

In addition, the new system would revamp scoring systems and reduce the number of mandatory exams.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101032516

Last edited:

jouni

Finnish Hankala asti julistaa matittaa !!

(Used a translator don't mind if the sentence does not make sense !!)
Are you trying to say I preach too much? That sentence is really sometying ;)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles