Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Bad Move.

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters

santosh10

@Ray

sir, how much do we need to kill this man, Modi, how many around him, mainly guards?????

Last edited by a moderator:

santosh10

Great, so all the Birmingham Pakis can enter India as terrorists.

how much is required to kill this N.Modi, a Bangladeshi born spy of US/UK, how far is he found from one bullet, on the right place? dont we have even one guard around him for this purpose?

sydsnyper

Country flag

Redhawk

Bad move, you'll get too many deadbeat foreigners coming into the country, which is something India needs like a hole in the head.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
So many PIOs/NRIs are against Immigrants working in India. Irony:lol:

Edit: Let me add their justification too- they are high end workers and help their host countries, while the low wage immigrants will doom the country. Way to go NRIs/PIOs, you guys are awesome!:thumb:

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
GOI must think that all the white people will suddenly come to India in droves, settle there, mix with the undesirables like the adivasis and what have you, which would improve the genetic pool. @Known_Unknown is this plausible? :hmm:
India has a non-existent immigration enforcement system, hence we have >20m illegal Bangladeshis living there for generations. What stops Afghan, Iraqi, African and other refugees from all over the world from utilizing the VoA system to get in and never leave? Remember, unlike embassy-issued visas which go through a strict check of documents, background information, ties to the home country etc, the immigration desks at the airport have neither the time nor the means to verify all the information provided by an applicant on arrival. Are we going to make the tourists wait in an airport lounge for days on end until all their information is verified and they are finally granted entry? Of course not.

So what does this mean? The quality of immigration checks will go down drastically, leading to all kinds of undesirables from drug peddlers to refugees to terrorists entering India on fake documentation, passports etc.

This will be an utter nightmare, and whoever thought this moronic plan up should be sent visa-free with a one way ticket to Antarctica.
Just out of curiosity, you are opposed to this visa on basis of internal security or on the basis of immigration leading to job loss or both? Just to get a clearer idea:hmm:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
only 45 countries and 80% of them usless and rest are some disputed territories and islands
This is another bad argument. Come on. Wake up to realities. Real life is not a fairy tale of justice and equality. We are living in the world where 5 states can officially have nuclear weapons(increased to 6 with addition of India) when those five preach nuclear non proliferation to others. Why? Because thats how real life works

So, the point of debate should not be if it should be reciprocal or not(unless someone is being naive to the geopolitical and socio economic realities ) but rather if it is beneficial to it or not to India?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, you are opposed to this visa on basis of internal security or on the basis of immigration leading to job loss or both? Just to get a clearer idea:hmm:
I don't think immigration leads to "job loss"; it might increase competition.
Greatest danger (among others) will be a possible long term demographic shift (esp. in smaller countries) and the social tensions that may ensue.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Greatest danger (among others) will be a possible long term demographic shift (esp. in smaller countries) and the social tensions that may ensue.
True. But again, I am not going to deny the religious and internal security problems which will be caused by immigration. There are two ways to combat it- the american way(assimilate them to be more american than the actual americans) which is arguably better as evidenced by american success and the other way(block out immigration entirely) like what the most Indian patriots here are suggesting

I don't think immigration leads to "job loss"; it might increase competition.
But my question was whether they are opposing it on the internal security grounds or for economic reasons. Besides, what more can be more hypocritic than NRIs/PIOs opposing immigration based on employment opportunies being lost to the locals. I mean i know hypocrisy is awesome and all but there should be at least some standards to which we should not sink to right?

Immigration leading to destruction of the economy is the stupidest thing I have heard! You should go through this thread on immigration . It was a fun thread about how NRIs contribute to their host countries while Bangladeshis coming to India would be disastrous for local economy:lol:

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/subcontinent-central-asia/60944-bangladesh-migrants-citizens-no-man-s-land.html

Anyway, if you interested in knowing the actual truth about immigration here is a good video :

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
True. But again, I am not going to deny the religious and internal security problems which will be caused by immigration. There are two ways to combat it- the american way(assimilate them to be more american than the actual americans) which is arguably better as evidenced by american success and the other way(block out immigration entirely) like what the most Indian patriots here are suggesting
Religious and internal security problems are mostly covered under demographic shifts and social-ethnic tensions part.
So take for example Scandinavian countries. They were dumb enough to let massive amount of immigrants from Muslim world into their countries. These people have mostly not assimilated and have formed ghettos. The ethnic and religious differences between these Muslims and the Swedes will not go away that easily. They will eventually lead to stronger unity among the muslims there and create social tensions (covering religious ethnic criminal and other aspects) among the natives and the Muslims.
The picture of America is also not that rosy. The recent media exposure of marginalization of blacks is an example. Or take a trip to Florida, everybody speaks Spanish. When/If the money dries up these differences will start becoming stronger.

But my question was whether they are opposing it on the internal security grounds or for economic reasons. Besides, what more can be more hypocritic than NRIs/PIOs opposing immigration based on employment opportunies being lost to the locals. I mean i know hypocrisy is awesome and all but there should be at least some standards to which we should not sink to right?

Immigration leading to destruction of the economy is the stupidest thing I have heard! You should go through this thread on immigration . It was a fun thread about how NRIs contribute to their host countries while Bangladeshis coming to India would be disastrous for local economy:lol:

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/subcontinent-central-asia/60944-bangladesh-migrants-citizens-no-man-s-land.html
I not sure how you come to conclusion that I'm implying that immigration leads to "opportunities being lost to locals" and "destruction of economy".
I haven't gone theough that thread, but the threat from illegal Bangledeshis's is obviously not from the economic aspects more from the social-ethnic conflict aspect that will happen/is happening and how politicians take advantage; need I say more, I think you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, if you interested in knowing the actual truth about immigration here is a good video :

I agree with the points made in this section of the video.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Religious and internal security problems are mostly covered under demographic shifts and social-ethnic tensions part.
So take for example Scandinavian countries. They were dumb enough to let massive amount of immigrants from Muslim world into their countries. These people have mostly not assimilated and have formed ghettos. The ethnic and religious differences between these Muslims and the Swedes will not go away that easily. They will eventually lead to stronger unity among the muslims there and create social tensions (covering religious ethnic criminal and other aspects) among the natives and the Muslims.
The picture of America is also not that rosy. The recent media exposure of marginalization of blacks is an example. Or take a trip to Florida, everybody speaks Spanish. When/If the money dries up these differences will start becoming stronger.

I not sure how you come to conclusion that I'm implying that immigration leads to "opportunities being lost to locals" and "destruction of economy".
I haven't gone theough that thread, but the threat from illegal Bangledeshis's is obviously not from the economic aspects more from the social-ethnic conflict aspect that will happen/is happening and how politicians take advantage; need I say more, I think you know what I'm talking about.

I agree with the points made in this section of the video.
I think I seriously need to work on what I want to say and who I am referencing to:tsk:

Obviously I was not refering to you when I was saying NRIs/PIOs are being hypocritic. You were very clear on your position regarding your opposition for their immigration(which was clearly on basis of internal security). I was just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy in the other NRI/PIO posters. Thats why I dint quote your post. . IMO, these people dressing the social/religious problem as an economic one just reeks of too much politically correct BS!

Sorry for not being clear enough before!

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I think I seriously need to work on what I want to say and who I am referencing to:tsk:

Obviously I was not refering to you when I was saying NRIs/PIOs are being hypocritic. You were very clear on your position regarding your opposition for their immigration(which was clearly on basis of internal security). I was just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy in the other NRI/PIO posters. Thats why I dint quote your post. . IMO, these people dressing the social/religious problem as an economic one just reeks of too much politically correct BS!

Sorry for not being clear enough before!
But you quoted atheisthindu for an opinion. That means open season. Anybody can then comment on it. NRI, PIO, Argentine, Chinese, Martian. :)
Just kiddin'. Just kiddin'.

Agreed. This PC thing is getting a bit out of hand these days.
Ordinary people do it because of herd mentality, and politicians take advantage of it, for their dirty games.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Why should India offer VoA unilaterally when these countries don't offer it to Indians ? There is always a quid pro quo in diplomacy.
Its tourist or small business visit visa. I do not see a reason why India should not get this easy money. Anyway, no one wants to go to India due to all the stupid hassles and poor infrastructure.

On top of that it is not really VoA, you need to apply online beforehand.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles