India doesn't racially profile Kashmiri Muslim

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by mehwish92, Oct 20, 2009.

?

Are Kashmiri Muslims Racially Profiled in India?

Poll closed Oct 25, 2009.
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. mehwish92

mehwish92 Founding Member

3. mehwish92

(I meant to post this in the Current Affairs thread).

4. natarajan

natarajan Senior Member Senior Member

May be all kashmiris are discriminated and not confined to any particular group,first
    let us start from kashmir pandits who cannot go to kashmir inspite of kashmir's cm request for withdrawal of army,we cant go there and settle in kashmir but all kashmiris can go anywhere in india and settle so is it not discrimination for you?
    so any benefit should be two way
    PS:
    mehwish just imagine i can come to your home and use all resources there but i wont allow you inside my home,then will you still treat me properly?

5. mehwish92

But the thing is that a large number of Kashmiri Muslims do not want to be with India anyway. They only come to India because they have no other option. We must keep that in mind.

6. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

IMO the Kashmiri Pandits and Kashmiri Muslims are both discriminated against by the Govt. just like the Punjabi Hindus and Sikhs, Bihari Hindus and Muslims, North Eastern Christians and Hindus etc. (I don't think any group in India really believes that they are not negatively discriminated against).

The reason why Kashmiris could feel discrimination from the locals is when it comes to tenancy specifically; locals don't want to be harassed by the insensitive uncouth local cops if something happens.

Personally, British Raj created institutions is to be blamed for the sorry state of affairs in India.

That is the popular perception amongst a few, ground realities are much different.
    The separatists are in minuscule numbers, receive money from both the Pak and Indian govt and also hog the most limelight.

The very fact that the Kashmiris are coming to "India", studying, living, earning here shows that the locals are not treating them as "terrorists".

7. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

That is what is the popular notion that has been propagated by the media and fuelled by the foreign terrorism.

The truth is that the Kashmiris don't care a damn about anything but Kashmir and Kashmiryat. They are an insular people who have not had a century worth of peace. They have always had foreign rulers, be they Afghans, Chaks, Sikhs, Dogras or whoever. They hate authorities since every ruler has been ruthless with them.

They were forced to convert to Islam and when they wanted to return to their old religion, the Hindu bigotry prevented it and so many converted to Sikhism - a halfway home!

The Kashmiris have always been Sufis - a benign Islam!

It is of late that Islamic fundamentalism has found a face - not for religious reasons, but for power!

Geelani, the hardcore Islamist, is there for power. Mirwaiz is playing the field. Lone has realised it is a worthless game and has joined the democratic process to beat all at their game!

8. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

I agree Sir,
    Geelani's radical JeI has never been popular with the people; in fact Sufi Islam, Superstitions are an intricate part of "Kashmiriyat" and most Kashmiris oppose religious radicalism.

Although it is true that Kashmiris have been oppressed by the "foreign" rulers but it was only a few decades back that the voice for Kashmiriyat found widespread appeal. The Kashmiri "leaders" today have become adept at playing the field. :wink: