India Developing New AESA Radar for Light Combat Aircraft Mark II

Zebra

Country flag
France exports such technology every day. Sagem has exported over 20,000 ring laser gyros to date. They are not only used in missiles.
Few more manufacturers of Ring Laser Gyros:
Kearfott
Honeywell
Northrop Grumman
L-3 Communications
Thales (France)
iMAR (Germany)
Astrophysika (Russia)

Zebra

Country flag
I am just thinking back to the leaked defence audit that showed DRDO pretends to develop radar technology, but actually buys it from Israel and claims it as its own. Lets be honest, didn't Indian missiles have Israeli gyroscopes? Israel is turning into DRDO's masked research lab. I say shut it down, fund private companies either Indian, or foreign based in India and get them to develop it in house. That way GoI controls technology rights because they paid for it. It is no benefit buying second hand technology from Israel that Israel still controls at the end of the day.
Development:

The DRDO had produced and proven many new state of the art technologies with the Agni-IV like composite rocket motors, very high accuracy Ring Laser Gyro based Inertial Navigation System, Micro Navigation System, Digital Controller System and very powerful onboard computer system......

Agni-IV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now for Radar, as you said "but actually buys from Israel", for that matter let us see what wiki have to say, I found these lines......
1) The MMR has been completed with Elta Israel's assistance and now involved Elta EL/M-2032 technology for Air to Ground mapping and targeting. This "hybrid" MMR has been tested, validated and will be supplied for the initial LCA Tejas fighters.
2) Medium Range Battlefield Surveillance Radar: in 2009, the LRDE (DRDO) noted that it was working on a Long range battlefield surveillance radar. It is possible that the BFSR-LR project has replaced this earlier project and the Indian Army will utilize the BEL built ELTA designed BFSR-MR's for Medium Range surveillance while using the LRDE designed systems for Long Range surveillance.

Defence Research and Development Organisation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The point is whenever DRDO use Israel's tech, they never hide it from the media.

Same way in the RLG part I trust them if they say that they had produced it and there is no reference of any Israel's company also.

BTW, this is a global village, companies may develop entire product but then they use some of systems or sub systems which are not developed by them or may be jointly developed or developed with others help, does it make any difference?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I am still waiting to hear the explanation of why India is still dependent on France for INS when it is supposed to make cutting edge RLG.

p2prada

I am still waiting to hear the explanation of why India is still dependent on France for INS when it is supposed to make cutting edge RLG.
IMO, we only make it for missiles, not for aircraft. I don't think these are linked to the GPS. I suppose we are moving towards GLONASS/IRNSS for aircraft and missiles later on, so French systems are more of a stop gap.

Placed right behind the canopy.

I think we are looking at an integrated satcom+nav system for MKI and FGFA. So, that will remove French dependency on RLGs. I suppose LCA will use French systems until our own nav system based on GLONASS/IRNSS is ready.

Zebra

Country flag
sorry, my bad.

wrong post. :p

Last edited:

Immanuel

Country flag
don't worry as P2P mentioned all stop gap, once we start building those too we'll begin to buy less and less from France, actually Rafale might just be the last big ticket item we buy from France

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Bump! any updates on AESA?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles