India-China stand off

vishwaprasad

Country flag
Dear All,

Its nice to be on forum after long time....I have started this thread to discuss on latest stand off between India and China on Bhutan border... Sorry in advance if this is already being discussed (I request mods to delete my thread if already being discussed).... Point of starting this thread that I just wanted to know what my Indian bros on this forum are feeling like.... Are we going to emerge as a winner if war really erupts??? Will it be a stalemate after 2-3 weeks fighting??? Or it will be a plain Chinese victory???

I do not have any doubt on the velour and determination of our armed forces but my biggest fear is Chinese rocket artillery which they might unleash on our army..... So if you can discuss on this lets start...

Regards

nimo_cn

Country flag
India is gonna win.

Chinese long range rocket artillery is nothing, the mighty bramos is gonna neutralize any Chinese threat before it hits indian army.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
India is gonna win.

Chinese long range rocket artillery is nothing, the mighty bramos is gonna neutralize any Chinese threat before it hits indian army.
Do have any source what different Chini artillery are in service.

I repeat in service not on drawing board or prototype

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
India is gonna win.

Wasn't it your general who said the real victory in warfare is a war where you don't have to fight?

Then what is all this thermonuclear missile, long-range artillery and what-nots?

This isn't 19th century where mass invasions can give decisive results, my friend.

A war cannot be won decisively today especially with a nuclear armed neighbour.

Why do you think we don't strike Pakistan and take back our own territory as per the Instrument of Accession signed?

Because the returns of taking that territory back through force would take a severe toll of our economy.

It might miserably weaken Pakistan and probably roll their economy down in theory, but it will seriously harm us.

Besides, Europe and USA are just eager to see us collide as it would take us 30 years back and reinstate them as the world powers.

So unless Communist Part of China wants to do the bidding of Europe and USA, you are on a wrong path.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

China has quite advanced rocket artillery with long range.

What we have in Pinaka II as 70 Kms, they already have inducted around 200+Km range of rocket artillery.

But I doubt that would be used as it would be met with use of missiles here from here as well.

Things will eventually cool down.

Expect to see a lot of skirmishes and needling on the eastern front from now.

Khagesh

India is gonna win.
But why must you presume that an Indian win will be bad for you guys as a country?

You people have won wars and then gone on to ally the vanquished.

You have lost wars and gone on to seek the good wishes of your tormentors.

What is so characteristically important about you that you cannot swallow an Indian win.

Your people are sitting out in the Tibetan platue and our men are well stocked on the reverse slopes of Indian Himalayas.

Are you sure your long range arty will have the advantage of the full range given the reverse slopes on Indian side?

And do you really believe that we will be debilitated by the smaller ranges of our arty given that we will be shooting into the high plains?

vishwaprasad

Country flag
India is gonna win.

But for that we need Brahmos in large numbers, I doubt we have them in significant numbers. Range too has to be 700 KM+

vishwaprasad

Country flag
China has quite advanced rocket artillery with long range.

What we have in Pinaka II as 70 Kms, they already have inducted around 200+Km range of rocket artillery.

But I doubt that would be used as it would be met with use of missiles here from here as well.

Things will eventually cool down.

Expect to see a lot of skirmishes and needling on the eastern front from now.
Yes Pinaka is only 70 KM and Smerch too I think just 90 KM, Chinese rocket artillery is very strong and is capable of inflicting huge damage to army.

vishwaprasad

Country flag
But why must you presume that an Indian win will be bad for you guys as a country?

You people have won wars and then gone on to ally the vanquished.

You have lost wars and gone on to seek the good wishes of your tormentors.

What is so characteristically important about you that you cannot swallow an Indian win.

Your people are sitting out in the Tibetan platue and our men are well stocked on the reverse slopes of Indian Himalayas.

Are you sure your long range arty will have the advantage of the full range given the reverse slopes on Indian side?

And do you really believe that we will be debilitated by the smaller ranges of our arty given that we will be shooting into the high plains?
There are some other border areas where China is in advantageous position and open front in those areas, If they open up front on AP and Ladakh areas situation will be worrisome.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag

This is the same doubt i got.
Still there is no news about their long range artillery in service except in blogs,websites and chinese trade shows.
upload_2017-8-18_11-58-4.png

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
This is the same doubt i got.
Still there is no news about their long range artillery in service except in blogs,websites and chinese trade shows.
View attachment 19039
That A 100 you posted above is already inducted with several militaries including Pak. It has more range than Indian Smerch.

Even A 300 is in news now days

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
India is gonna win.

Yes you have attacked and we have lost :biggrin2:

Global Defence

Articles