India Cancels Talks with Pakistan

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Tactic understanding has always been with the Abdullah family and their ally Congress. No one else. Not current Center.

Anyone with IQ level above Asutosh would know that.

Please explain, sir.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Yes, and Harry Potter came to meet me yesterday.

Such a step isn't really possible from what I understand. This was not a phone call or a clandestine meeting.

Remember Sharif's entire energies are focussed on resolving Islamabad fiasco, and he perhaps wanted to scuttle the talks. Both sides decided on this little game, to scuttle the talks. Pakistan signalling to the Pakistanis that no compromise on Kashmir, Indian that Kashmiri separatists are not a party to this talk.

PS: Don't forget Sharif came to Modi's swearing in, and Modi wished Pakistan on its independence day, means there is a thaw.

Iamanidiot

Paaji If u observe how the track 2 -------pas reactions who participate in it I guess this was an unexpected movie

ladder

Country flag
Paaji If u observe how the track 2 -------pas reactions who participate in it I guess this was an unexpected movie
Not just track 2 but even K C Singh said though a good move but was unexpected.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
GoI wanted talks with Piglets after all we Indians want peace with our neighbors onlee. But Piglets being Piglets wanted to meet Kashmiri separatists "to facilitate meaningful discussions" with India on Kashmir. So Modi government made it clear to Piglets that they can "talk to separatists or talk to us". Now the onus was on Piglet HC to call off the talks with separatists if they want any talks with India.

I don't see any reason why GoI should have stopped the meeting between Piglet HC and Separatists.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The Army never really liked a Punjabi strong man at the helm
Army never loves a strong man at the helm. Sharif knows the game, and he is willing to let bygones be bygones.

Iamanidiot

@Singh Why can't sharif play Punjabis against others in the PA?

Last edited by a moderator:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@Singh Why can't sharif play Punjabis against others in the PA?
Sharif doesn't have that kind of pull.

And last Sharif tried to pull strings in the Army he got his ass kicked. He kicked Gen Karamat and got Mushy promoted and look what Mushy did to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

ladder

Country flag
But PPP Govt completed its full term that was a record.
Yes, but PM Gilani was forced to resign by Court ruling and Raja became PM. So PPP had 2 PMs.

Among President, only 2 or 3 President ( excluding military President ) completed 5 year term and Zardari was among them.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
My own conspiracy theory::lol:

Due to the current conditions in Pak regarding the Imran khan and qadri nonsense, Sharif knows that raising any more ripples will rock his own boat. So he takes better safe than sorry approach. Given that there was some sort positive build up at modi swearing in ceremony sharif requests modi whether we can postpone the scheduled talks but he should not loose face in front of his own people. Modi being political brain says i cannot loose face in front of my own people either.

1. Military tries to derail by border post attacks :- By not cancelling the talks modi shows he is willing to talk to pak civilian gov. irrespective of what pak military wants.
  2. Pak High commissioner invites Hurriyat: Modi let's them know that there are only two parties that needs to talk not more i.e Indian and Pak Government.
  3. Pak High Commissioner continues with hurriyat: Modi cancels the talks.

Going by this both modi helps sharif in time of need, hoping that sharif will reciprocate at a later point in time.

Irrespective of the conspiracy theory, Hurriyat should get the strong message now that they no longer have a role to play as far as kashmir talks are concerned. taking this theory a little further in the future modi might propose LOC to be marked as permanent boundary line.

Jagdish58

What is the point in talking ?? we have been doing it from 68 years did they came out of there radical mind

Only babus are spending hell lot of taxpayers money with no result , how many issues between us and pakis are solved by dialogue till now??

No point in blewing trumpet in deaf ears , ironical we are so called one of the strong country still ready to talk after 2008 mumbai massacre , beheading of soldiers , daily cease fire violation

Better than this India should focus on having dialogue on chinese front and close Aksai chin & Arunachal pradesh border issue once for all , because other than incursion no beheading or cease fire violation happens in -----i front

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
A correct step.

How can an official representative of a neighbouring country talk to those of India who are wanting to rip the country apart?

If such an activity is allowed, it means India is allowing the neighbouring country to ratify that it wants to rip India apart, and that too on India soil!!

I am sure that it will be the correct message to Pakistan that talk if you want - but only to the official, democratically elected representative and their officials and none else.

Imagine India having official talks with Pakistan only after chatting up to the separatists in Pakistan!

Would Pakistan allow that?

It is an unfortunate commentary that all Indian Govts who have come before, has keeled over to Pakistan's outrageous demands just to go the extra mile.

By cancelling the talks, it is not as if one is going to war.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sharif doesn't have that kind of pull.

And last Sharif tried to pull strings in the Army he got his ass kicked. He kicked Gen Karamat and got Mushy promoted and look what Mushy did to him.
The Army is the real ruler of Pakistan.

I would give Sharif the benefit of doubt. He is a businessman and he understand the importance of money and the economy. Maybe he sincerely wants to normalise relations to the extent feasible and kick start Pakistan's economy and India is the best bet.

However, if amity with India comes about, then the Pakistan Army will lose its clout and raison d'etre of its existence to be armed to its teeth and milk Pakistan dry for power and pelf.

The Pak Army cannot allow this gravy train to run dry.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles