India can make significant contribution: His Holiness the Dalai Lama

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Wednesday, 29 February 2012 17:12 Tibetan Administration Media: Tibet Net

DHARAMSHALA: His Holiness the Dalai Lama today visited Dr. Rajendra Prasad Government Medical College as the Chief Guest of IAPSMCON 2012, 39th Annual National Conference of Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine 2012 in Tanda at Kangra, Himachal Pradesh.

The Conference with the title of "Epidemiological Transition: Are we up to the Challenge" is organized by the Department of Community Medicine of Dr. Rajendra Prasad Government Medical College from 27-29 February 2012. More than 900 medical delegates from all over India, consisting of 24 States and 3 Union Territories of India, and Nepal are participating in the conference.

His Holiness begins his speech by saying that, when he first arrived in Dharamshala in 1960, there were only two shops in Mcleod Ganj. But now after five decades, there is huge development with restaurants and hotels. Along with such development, "Education Centres are very important, particularly Medical Centres" says His Holiness.

His Holiness stated that Medical service if done with warm heartedness and sense of responsibility, "it is one of the best spiritual practice in helping others cure pain and problem"

As for India, the most populated democratic country, His Holiness the Dalai Lama eulogized "In terms of Cultural and Philosophical prospect, India is the most advance country. And thousand years of religious harmony and Ahimsa in India is very much relevant in today's world, and "Indians brothers and sisters, you should feel proud of your rich cultural heritage."

Wherever he goes, His Holiness considers himself as a messenger of Indian thoughts and spirit, that is Ahimsa.

On His Holiness' earlier claim of Son of India, some Chinese interpret it as political. But His Holiness says, "Every particle of my brain is filled by Nalanda thoughts," and "still I consider myself as a student of Buddhist Philosophy." Physically, His Holiness said that he is survived by Indian dal, rice and Chapati for the last 50 years. So, His Holiness claims that it was not a mere political statement.

Regarding corruption, India being a religious minded nation, where "you believe in spirituality, worshiping gods almost every day, but in real life, not concern about corruption. It is quite a pity and a big contradiction." says His Holiness.

His Holiness stressed that "Corruption is also a form of violence. If you truly believe in ahimsa, then you will live a honest and truthful life". On the contrary, "If you are hypocrite and corrupted, then the individual can not live a honest life."

"With rich tradition and philosophy as a strong backbone, younger generation of India must build this country." His Holiness acknowledges that with high moral values and hard works, India can make a significant contribution on this planet. In Future, India can become a good model for the rest of the world.

Dr. Tsering Wangchuk, Kalon of the Department of Health, Dr. Tsetan Dorjee, Chief Medical Officer of Delek Hospital and Mr. Dawa Phunkyi, member of Parliament attended the program.

India can make significant contribution: His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Last edited:

cir

It ain't over till That Liar sings。:rofl:

ice berg

You just realised he is dead?:shocked:

BTw only koreans use that term now. I have not heard that term in CHina for ages.

huaxia rox

sure.....after giftting zangnan to india His Holiness the Dalai Lama can receive more money in dharmsala....no contribution can be more significant than that from our indian friends i guess.........

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles