India can develop 10,000-km range missile: DRDO

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Don't know for how much long these CCP slaves can feed up on and brag about the stolen and borrowed tech.
100 million relatively rich Chinese Han's feeding on a Billion enslaved Chinese sweating their lives in those sweatshops making products for westerners is a thing to be ashamed of not to brag about but the ego fulfillment is more important for these Proud Hans.

SamwiseTheBrave

China first decided on long-range missiles in the late 1960s, because it needed to deter a US nuclear strike. In the 1970s and 80s, those programs hit IOC and became the DF-4 and DF-5 liquid-fuelled ICBMs. Later, to improve survivability, China decided on road-mobile, solid-fuelled ICBMs - the DF-31, DF-31A, and now, the DF-41.

At no point was the goal of developing those missiles to market for missile technology exports. Given how happily Russia has been exporting its more advanced missile technology anyhow, China figured 'why bother'?

If India does go for a 10,000km+ missile, it should be explicit as to what the goal of such a missile is - not a marketing tool, but a deterrent against a US, French, or British nuclear strike. Even if India claims otherwise, policymakers in those countries will see it for what it is, and respond accordingly.
strength respects strength . we`ll speak to the P5 on terms and in the language which they understand best. Power. you`ll see this unfold when India gets onto the negotiation table for matters involving her interests

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
... I was noting that India's democracy tends to preclude any political choice for drastic reductions in standard of living in favor of military spending.
Economic opportunity should provide a higher standard of living, not government programs.

t_co

Economic opportunity should provide a higher standard of living, not government programs.
Unfortunately, politicians of every stripe and in every system tend to help special interest groups via government programs, while exhorting them to the general population.

happy

How am I trolling? The poster said he would be willing to starve himself to see through the economic pain necessary for additional military modernization. I was simply reminding him that even if he could speak for himself, he could not profess to speak for society at large, and certainly would be unfit to speak for his children, who would be bearing the brunt of whatever debt India accrues for this modernization.
Finally, I was noting that India's democracy tends to preclude any political choice for drastic reductions in standard of living in favor of military spending.
This is the greatest irony of all time, who the hell are you to tell an Indian citizen what he can speak or not about India????

India is a democracy. Hence we are still bearing your idiotic statements or else you might find yourself in kasab's cell awaiting the gallows if it was like china.

This thread is not about 'political choice for drastic reductions of poverty'. It is for India's prowess in being able to develop a missile of 10,000kms range. You want to talk about that - fine, or else I request the mods to block you permanently. I have also been seeing in your posts in other threads which have a tendency to veer off topic. So beware.

From Realm of D&T

I don't thin we will go for 10,000 KM ICBM

Most probably The Surya, if developed, will have range of 8,000-8600 KM

sasi

I don't thin we will go for 10,000 KM ICBM

Most probably The Surya, if developed, will have range of 8,000-8600 KM

u r right,8000km is enough to cover europe,africa,asia and aus.
With 10,000km are we going to shoot at atlantic or pacific ocean.
If we want to target US,then we have to leaf frog to 14,000km atleast.
10,000 is waste!

aerokan

Country flag
Also, you can live with one meal a day, but can your parents? Can your siblings? Can your children?

It also seems your politicians are hell-bent on keeping you well-fed and voting. :lol:
So you mean to say that one 10,000 crore project will lead most of India to starvation? Are you out of your frikking mind? India doesn't even spend it's allocated military budget fully and here you are talking about starving my kids!! If it ever comes to a situation between choosing three meals a day and a life of freedom, I would always choose the later anyday. I wouldn't expect you to understand it anyway however 'rational Chinese' you might be.

And regarding politicians, we can change once in every 5 years. We have a choice to change if we want. You may have a better economy now and you may be living like a royality in China but you are still a caged bird!! :taunt:

aerokan

Country flag
How am I trolling? The poster said he would be willing to starve himself to see through the economic pain necessary for additional military modernization. I was simply reminding him that even if he could speak for himself, he could not profess to speak for society at large, and certainly would be unfit to speak for his children, who would be bearing the brunt of whatever debt India accrues for this modernization.

Finally, I was noting that India's democracy tends to preclude any political choice for drastic reductions in standard of living in favor of military spending.
There are lot of 'if's' in the statement. I would prefer to be a free man and starve rather than be a slave and starve. If you sacrifice your liberty, the end result will be worse, not better. India is in a position to sustain itself from the 'debts' that you speak of.

It was not the lack of self-sufficiency or lack of money that is keeping poor people with less than adequate diet. It's just the government policies. We have lot of food grains rotting in the godowns and if you look at rice production alone, we have more than a year's worth of food grains in storage facilities and yet our govt restricted excess food grain(beyond the reserve limit) export to outside India which would make huge bucks for the economy and raise atleast half a percent of GDP with a single signature with no negative impact.

There are always people like you in India as well who will raise hell over launching rockets and satellites when our poor are hungry. Look at the result. Today launching satellites is a self-sustained and profitable business for the country and more people were out of poverty than before. As usual you are making right observations but coming to wrong conclusions.

And regarding political will, we have the option to correct course every few years. On the other hand, you don't have a choice. You can only pray that you get good rulers on the top. China grows because of govt. So anything a country does will have major impact on it's people. In India, we grow despite the lack of govt support. That's why it impacts us much less even if a few thousand crores are spent on this programme. Imagine what will happen when we change the govt in the next elections and the govt actually starts supporting it's people!! :namaste:

Bheeshma

He is not trolling but just pissing in his pants after the A-5 test. The best part I loved was this time there was absolutely no reaction from anyone. They have simply accepted India has ICBM capability now 5k SLBM and MIRV next.

Broccoli

chinese df-31 is 13mt long 2.25 mt dia,43 tons range-7200 to 12000 depending on variety
agni-5 17mt long 2 mt dia 50 tons range-5000 kms(8000 speculated)

chine is shorter lighter
ours is sleek

any coments regarding??
DF-31 (CSS-10 Mod 1) length is 15,5m.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles